Author Topic: [GB] GMK Yuri  (Read 96428 times)

Offline ChitownM2

Re: [GB] GMK Yuri
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 17:02:55 »
I sure hope that MD does the right thing by the community and put through the order for 1000 base kits. As I understand it, that 935 # was posted with a couple hours still to go in the GB so the actual number should be slightly higher. That doesn't include any extras that MD will always buy to cover customer service issues like lost sets or whatever. Factor in that it is actually less total cost to buy 1000 kits than 935 and it seems like a no brainer for MD to buy the extras and give everyone $10 back and sell any extras in yanbo closet sales at some future date.

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 04:35:40 »
I sure hope that MD does the right thing by the community and put through the order for 1000 base kits. As I understand it, that 935 # was posted with a couple hours still to go in the GB so the actual number should be slightly higher. That doesn't include any extras that MD will always buy to cover customer service issues like lost sets or whatever. Factor in that it is actually less total cost to buy 1000 kits than 935 and it seems like a no brainer for MD to buy the extras and give everyone $10 back and sell any extras in yanbo closet sales at some future date.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-input-club-k-type-mechanical-keyboard/talk/1704218

So I saw this earier posed on the MD discussion page and it seems that they definetly should have reached that 1000 unit tier for sure since they're extending the GB to those with the k-type (if I understand correctly) which pretty much opens up an extra day for the GB. I gonna hope they can give me my 10 bucks back... So I can go spend it on other things...
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 06:57:53 »

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-input-club-k-type-mechanical-keyboard/talk/1704218

So I saw this earier posed on the MD discussion page and it seems that they definetly should have reached that 1000 unit tier for sure since they're extending the GB to those with the k-type (if I understand correctly) which pretty much opens up an extra day for the GB. I gonna hope they can give me my 10 bucks back... So I can go spend it on other things...

Saw that too. I'm in the same boat, I got 2 yuri sets and my $20 are going towards carbon blanks and the half life lambdas.

Edit: the fact that they are opening it up to take a few more orders from k-type people leads me to believe they already have or were planning to put the order for 1000 through.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 June 2017, 07:00:13 by ChitownM2 »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 08:27:16 »

That's quite nice of Massdrop to try to amend their "mistake" - I wonder if it'll be enough for Yuri to reach 1000, it might well be but at the same time I'd imagine almost everyone that really wanted it would've already gotten it over the K-Type anyway if they'd have had to make a choice.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 21:39:46 »
Was there ever any official word on what sets are going to get produced or if they bought up to 1000 kits?

Last I heard people were getting charged for Colemak/Dvorak & international kits but they were still a long way from the 100 MOQ.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 03:43:13 »
Was there ever any official word on what sets are going to get produced or if they bought up to 1000 kits?

Last I heard people were getting charged for Colemak/Dvorak & international kits but they were still a long way from the 100 MOQ.

As long as you dont get refunds everything has tipped for the time being. *Probably* MD will make every kit tip.

Offline colbs

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 11:50:45 »
I just got an email from MD saying everything has been ordered with GMK!  Can't wait! Thanks for all your work on this T0mb3ry, this set/GB really turned out well imo  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 12:32:48 »
I just got an email from MD saying everything has been ordered with GMK!  Can't wait! Thanks for all your work on this T0mb3ry, this set/GB really turned out well imo  :thumb:

Got the samples in front of me and trust me i am probably the one who is waiting the most for the ready product. :)

Offline Auk

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 12:38:32 »
Got the samples in front of me and trust me i am probably the one who is waiting the most for the ready product. :)

You tell us you have the samples and you don't post a photo? what kind of a monster are you!?  :p

Offline colbs

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 12:39:13 »

Are you talking about the color samples you showed on the Revo?  I always liked the set until you showed those color samples, but seeing those made this set a lot more desirable to me.  Something about the renders didn't capture how nice the alphas are gonna look.

If you aren't talking about the samples you showed on the Revo, I wouldn't mind some pictures  ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 13:30:35 »

You tell us you have the samples and you don't post a photo? what kind of a monster are you!?  :p

See below ;)

Are you talking about the color samples you showed on the Revo?  I always liked the set until you showed those color samples, but seeing those made this set a lot more desirable to me.  Something about the renders didn't capture how nice the alphas are gonna look.

If you aren't talking about the samples you showed on the Revo, I wouldn't mind some pictures  ;D

Yes those samples :) Once you see it in person...

Offline jihadu

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 15:38:38 »
The samples look right on the money! Hope the final colours in the set end up looking like this.

Enviado do meu SM-A520F através de Tapatalk

Offline colbs

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 18:30:34 »
The samples look right on the money! Hope the final colours in the set end up looking like this.

Those are the samples from GMK as far as I know...so the final set will be exactly those colors  :thumb:  Those pictures are actually what made this set a "must buy" for me during the interest check phase, the color of the alphas is perfect.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 14:36:16 »
Depending on caused resonance after people recieve gmk sets following might be the possibility. The render is done by Oblotzky.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 15:06:07 »
Depending on caused resonance after people recieve gmk sets following might be the possibility. The render is done by Oblotzky.

GMK Yuri is the best set to ever have been created. Hands down

:rolleyes:

Offline colbs

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 15:12:16 »
Show Image

Make this happen, I don't care how long the lead time is from SP! 

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 17:37:11 »

GMK Yuri is the best set to ever have been created. Hands down

:rolleyes:

I 100% agree. I'm actually kinda bummed I couldn't buy more kits.

Also, that board you're making T0m, that thing is gonna be freaking awesome. :cool:

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 17:41:00 »
wow that 3 key is really something cool!  and y'all know i love the inverse yuri escape.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 17:48:51 »
wow that 3 key is really something cool!  and y'all know i love the inverse yuri escape.

Oh damn, I didn't even realize I reversed the colors from the GMK version. It seemed appropriate this way! I'm sure both will be available though should this set happen in SA

Offline jihadu

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 19:27:46 »

Those are the samples from GMK as far as I know...so the final set will be exactly those colors  :thumb:  Those pictures are actually what made this set a "must buy" for me during the interest check phase, the color of the alphas is perfect.
In GMK Plum for example the samples Jessica showed ended up being slightly different than the final result. Not that it matters as both Yuri and Plum are amazing looking sets.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 16:56:31 »
in for SA set also

Offline jihadu

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 17:15:00 »
in for SA set also
Shipping August 2023

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 17:18:42 »
in for SA set also
Shipping August 2023

/shrug

I've got no problem getting a nice surprise later on. example: pay for sa carbon now, I get it shortly after my birthday next year. Not a good surprise?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 02:46:27 »
All kits made into production. Thus congratulation to DC and ISO users. :) Probably i will tease more info later ;)

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 02:49:53 »
All kits made into production. Thus congratulation to DC and ISO users. :) Probably i will tease more info later ;)

more info?!?!?!?

Offline Sempre

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:17:39 »

Yes!! That's great news

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 08:53:19 »

Yes! This is wonderful news! Excited to eventually have my first GMK set with Dvorak legends.

BTW, if anyone didn't buy a DC set that wants one, I will have a couple extras... PM me :D
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline Auk

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 12:58:34 »
All kits made into production...

Excellent, great to have officially official confirmation  :)

I'm wondering about the ISO set now, is there a comparison table or something similar somewhere that we can conveniently reference which languages require specifically which keys?

Offline Sempre

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 15:20:53 »

Yes! This is wonderful news! Excited to eventually have my first GMK set with Dvorak legends.

BTW, if anyone didn't buy a DC set that wants one, I will have a couple extras... PM me :D

What a nice guy

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 06:36:02 »

Came to the thread to check this. So chuffed I'll be able to have Colemak on my board. Let's hope this paves the way for more Cherry DC kits.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 09:26:39 »
I'm excited as DC was a huge plus to getting this set. My brother in law uses it and I don't know if he has ever had a board with the legends being in the right place for dvorak. Will be excited to see his face when he gets it. Pretty fun to get my folks and sisters on board(kek) to getting him a mech and keyset.

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 05:43:29 »
I was just wondering if the 6u spacebars in this are the same with the new GMK drops with centered stems?

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 06:47:04 »
Can not wait for SA!

Offline Sempre

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 10:41:57 »
Will 6u spacebars work with topre boards?

Offline yokken

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 09:07:37 »
Can not wait for SA!

Hm? Where did you hear this would be going SA? I thought it was initially proposed for SA over a year ago but I haven't seen anything saying it will be going to SA after the GMK run.

Offline giammin

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 09:30:22 »
anyway if it will be SA with SP. it will happen not before 2019

Offline jihadu

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 16:06:17 »
If you do the appropriate mods and change the sliders

Offline Auk

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 16:13:07 »
Yuri 6u do not have centered stems, isn't that the problem for Topre? If you need centered stem, look at Nautilus, Solarized Dark and upcoming sets.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 23:10:47 »
If you do the appropriate mods and change the sliders

Yuri 6u do not have centered stems, isn't that the problem for Topre? If you need centered stem, look at Nautilus, Solarized Dark and upcoming sets.

Got it. Thanks for the info.

Offline poolside

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 02:44:25 »

I was just wondering if the 6u spacebars in this are the same with the new GMK drops with centered stems?

There was this in this Nautilus thread a month ago:

As far as I know, Yuri's 6U spacebars will have a centered stem.

Offline Auk

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 04:02:39 »
T0mbr3y answered this a few days ago on Massdrop:

Quote from: T0mbr3y
Nope 6u spacebar is off center. The 6u centered spacebar is first time available with nautilus.

Offline poolside

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:38:11 »
T0mbr3y answered this a few days ago on Massdrop:

Quote from: T0mbr3y
Nope 6u spacebar is off center. The 6u centered spacebar is first time available with nautilus.

Oh, I did not see that. Thanks for the official quote  :thumb:

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:40:53 »
Can not wait for SA!

Hm? Where did you hear this would be going SA? I thought it was initially proposed for SA over a year ago but I haven't seen anything saying it will be going to SA after the GMK run.

T0mbr3y said that SA was a possibility.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 15:56:22 »
Any updates?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:09:27 »
Any updates?
Not since the MD's going into production email.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 04:24:07 »
Any updates?

Its in production right now and i am waiting for it patiently but prepared ;)
Waiting for Yuri by Artur Schmidt, auf Flickr

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:41:58 »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:50:24 »
I can't wait.

Offline yokken

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 10:28:39 »
Man, the white balance in that picture is wayyyyy off. The light blue looks white, and the dark blue looks charcoal. It seriously looks like Carbon with white alphas, lol. You'd think they would see how different it looks in the photo compared to real life and adjust it. But I digress. Looking forward to it. I was thinking I would put it on my M65-A but right now it's looking like I might actually get Yuri before my M65-A. Sigh.

Do you think we're still looking at a mid-to-late-October delivery date, t0mb3ry?

Offline Auk

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 10:47:22 »
Man, the white balance...

The legend color looks more orange and less red as well, vs both the original 2D render and the single shot samples T0mb3ry posted earlier. Even so, it's exciting to see some real keys and progress toward delivery!

I'd love to know how a spectrophotometer or colorimeter measures the colors, and see how close they are to T0mb3ry's original specification.