geekhack Community > Reviews

Steelseries Apex M800 review (QS1 switches)

<< < (3/3)

Surefoot:

--- Quote from: CaesarAZealad on Sat, 13 August 2022, 17:30:48 ---Despite that it was a pretty entertaining review, though the running jokes are starting to get a bit long in the tooth. Maybe don't make an imperial units joke every time you make a review, there's only so many ways you can make it funny, you know?

--- End quote ---
I'm a fan of the running jokes. It's not him if there's no "hhhhhideous", or no battlecruiser metal keyboard drop ("CLUNK"), or no fun made of those retarded imperial units. That's kind of his signature, a bit like Doug DeMuro's "THIS ! is..."

chyros:

--- Quote from: looneyperson on Tue, 16 August 2022, 20:56:05 ---If you're talking about recolors then yeah I get your frustration. I find them dumb, but at the same time I understand that people treat their keyboard as a work of art and want switches that match their keycaps, or the color of their keyboard because they think it looks good, heck I'm even guilty of that. The marketing behind them is dumb since they're all the same switches anyway, but I don't consider that the majority of switches and I don't believe most companies are doing that. I do agree that there's a lot of recolors out there, but plenty of people are experimenting with different housing materials, springs, and even stem materials, which you may see as a clone but does actually change the way how a switch feels. From personal experience I know how changing a switches housing changes the way it feels so even if it may seem iterative I think its important that companies keep making switches like that. Thanks to them I was able to find a combination that to me felt nicer to type on than other switches. At the end of the day this is all personal preference anyways. No need to kink shame people for buying a recolored switch.

--- End quote ---
I'm not kinking anyone, I'm just pointing out that there's alternatives out there that will give you a lot bigger differences than housing and stem swaps of the same switch. Be adventurous, explore the possibilities!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version