Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 193289 times)

Offline tentboy

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 10:23:04 »
Forgot I ordered this until I got my shipping notification yesterday

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 00:12:46 »
Got my Base and JP mod kít.
Overall I’m very happy with these: The white is perfect for me, not too bright but also not too warm
Also love the alphas. It’s the same consistent black.
Not to my liking is the burr on the sides of longer keys, and the spacebars are still warped, but it’s fine for me as I already went galaxy brane and switched to split spacebars long ago.

Offline Zoro_Senpaii

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 00:23:04 »
Got my Base and JP mod kít.
Overall I’m very happy with these: The white is perfect for me, not too bright but also not too warm
Also love the alphas. It’s the same consistent black.
Not to my liking is the burr on the sides of longer keys, and the spacebars are still warped, but it’s fine for me as I already went galaxy brane and switched to split spacebars long ago.

WOWZERS

Thanks for the detailed photo's. It makes every second I must wait to get these, just that much better!

Cheers

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 08:35:33 »
Finally got my shipping notification yesterday evening!

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline dantambok

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 08:43:57 »
oh wow the dyesubbing is nice
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 12:37:10 »
Waiting for notification. Wait wait

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 20:05:01 »
I'm in the US. Ordered base Kit, both mod kits and numpad kit. Received shipping notification last night. Hype.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline CYFX

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 21:22:41 »
I’m in the US and received a shipping notification for my base kit and mods yesterday. Can’t freaking wait.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 21:31:51 »
Here’s the set on my unfinished board.
Yeah these keycaps look great. The delay was 100% worth it.
Thanks, gok.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 00:56:31 »
Anyone have a set juxtaposed to GMK minimal?

Offline fluidin

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 07:00:25 »
missed out on this because i started my keeb journey after this came out. R2 when?  ;D

Offline xantiema

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 09:07:39 »
missed out on this because i started my keeb journey after this came out. R2 when?  ;D
Hopefully never

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 09:29:47 »
got my set recently, the QC was done pretty poorly.
Some misalignment on certain key and rough edges on keycap.

Didnt have time to take the misalignment of the key, but its there.

Otherwise, its a really pretty set. Just sad that there are imperfections that I find irritating.

Offline ghost990

• Discord: Weston#9472
    • Dean Designs LLC
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 09:34:03 »
got my set recently, the QC was done pretty poorly.
Some misalignment on certain key and rough edges on keycap.

Show Image

Show Image

Didnt have time to take the misalignment of the key, but its there.

Otherwise, its a really pretty set. Just sad that there are imperfections that I find irritating.

It's a bit of a bummer to see stuff like that but while never owning a ePBT set, I think that's kind of a common thing to see unfortunately.

Wonder if it would be worth taking a high grit count sand paper to it to buff out the imperfections slightly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 December 2019, 13:30:52 by ghost990 »

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 13:24:09 »
Hopefully never

how come?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 19:07:40 »
Hopefully never

how come?
imo, ePBT in general sucks with communication, and this run was no different, filled with delays and all

Offline Digitize

« Reply #366 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 21:24:12 »
Are there other pbt manufacturers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #367 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 21:57:11 »
Are there other pbt manufacturers?

Yep.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #368 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 10:15:16 »
I think Inifnikey may be a good replacement, isnt it?

Offline liv05

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 03:04:39 »

Just got mine. Legends are grainy and all the mods are off centered, also inconsistent font thickness. I'm not buying any epbt anymore.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 December 2019, 03:56:16 by liv05 »

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #370 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 05:32:05 »
Show Image

Just got mine. Legends are grainy and all the mods are off centered, also inconsistent font thickness. I'm not buying any epbt anymore.

yea, thats what I was saying, lots of misalignments.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 13:49:17 »
Still waiting on shipping noti

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #372 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:21:33 »
Show Image

For the alpha legends too? I hope to god they don't f up my icon mod set.

Offline liv05

« Reply #373 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 20:55:44 »
Show Image

For the alpha legends too? I hope to god they don't f up my icon mod set.

Alphas are alright, I think it's caused by the new designs of jp mods.

Offline eriatilox

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 06:16:46 »
here's a shot of kuro/shiro(left) gmk minimal(middle) heavy industry seq2(right) on a sheet of white paper in case anyone want to see.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 16:29:47 »
Show Image

Honestly looks alright to me. I speculate that the spacing between the characters might give off the vibe of inconsistency, where in fact they aren't. If this is the actual set that will be delivered to me, I would be happy  :)

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #376 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 21:45:45 »
Here's the newest update on the spacebars for anyone that isn't in the kbdfans server
231856-0

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #377 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 01:05:47 »
I am honestly blown away by this set and can see here others may disagree. But this is the first epbt set that actually got the legends right imho. Against previous epbt sets they have come a very very long way.

Taking a magnifying glass up to them will of course expose some inconsistencies but lets be honest nobody is typing that close to their board. for the most part the legends are the best theyve ever been. Its lastly unfair to take a budget set and scrutinize them against premium ones that cost a good deal more.

A blowdryer will fix most issues. 

If you want the clarity of gmk, buy gmk.

If you dont want to use a blowdryer dont buy pbt at all.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #378 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 03:39:47 »
I am honestly blown away by this set and can see here others may disagree. But this is the first epbt set that actually got the legends right imho. Against previous epbt sets they have come a very very long way.

Taking a magnifying glass up to them will of course expose some inconsistencies but lets be honest nobody is typing that close to their board. for the most part the legends are the best theyve ever been. Its lastly unfair to take a budget set and scrutinize them against premium ones that cost a good deal more.

I have yet to see the legends or side markings myself but misaligned off-center japanese mods is not just bad quality control, it shows lack of careful implementation. The photo posted here also shows pretty big difference in the font size inconsistencies. All legitimate complaints, considering the months this set was delayed by should have given them plenty of time to fix this if they cared to.

I'm hoping the icon mods will not have this problem since it essentially uses same tooling as previous ePBT sets.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #379 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 04:16:37 »

I have yet to see the legends or side markings myself but misaligned off-center japanese mods is not just bad quality control, it shows lack of careful implementation. The photo posted here also shows pretty big difference in the font size inconsistencies. All legitimate complaints, considering the months this set was delayed by should have given them plenty of time to fix this if they cared to.

I'm hoping the icon mods will not have this problem since it essentially uses same tooling as previous ePBT sets.

My point is they don't look misaligned, to me. But that's subjective.

In use, the legends look clean and well laid out. As for side-markings, my caps may certainly have scrapes along the inside or sides. I may never know since I will never look. For me, that's not a reason to conclude its a bad set. But that's subjective, too. 

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 04:36:19 »

In use, the legends look clean and well laid out. As for side-markings, my caps may certainly have scrapes along the inside or sides. I may never know since I will never look. For me, that's not a reason to conclude its a bad set. But that's subjective, too.

Alt? Anyways no one said it was a bad set. The color match looks good for one thing and that's very important. Misalignment isn't subjective, just look at Liv's picture (middle one in 3rd row especially) and look how off center it is. Also compare it to the renders where it's properly centered.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 04:52:02 »
Yes, alt.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #382 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 04:58:49 »

Alt? Anyways no one said it was a bad set. The color match looks good for one thing and that's very important. Misalignment isn't subjective, just look at Liv's picture (middle one in 3rd row especially) and look how off center it is. Also compare it to the renders where it's properly centered.
Actually I believe that key is the r3 1.75u control.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2019, 05:00:35 by slxdegrees »

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #383 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 12:05:58 »
I'm skeptical of their "fixes" to the spacebar kits. We're probably going to get some ****ty, thin, spacebars. 

Offline liv05

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 20:12:22 »
Show Image

Bottom mid is 1.75u control for hhkb layout, alignment is fine.
The problem is that all the legends including kanji are pushed to right.

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 22:27:29 »
Will the legend fade over time?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 02:32:27 »

*edit*

My bad, I guess it can fade with extreme use
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 13:17:35 by J3ff_Leopard »
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline dantambok

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:10:25 »

It's Dye Sublimation so it shouldn't. The ink soaks into the plastic and stains it, essentially. It isn't printed on the surface.

i've seen photos of faded OG dyesubs. I think you can still erase the legends with a looooooot of use  :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:32:56 by dantambok »
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

100+ GMK sets

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:19:44 »

It's Dye Sublimation so it shouldn't. The ink soaks into the plastic and stains it, essentially. It isn't printed on the surface.

i seen photos of faded OG dyesubs. I think you can still erase the legends with a looooooot of use  :))
This is correct. Dyesub PBT can fade and can yellow.

The fading just takes more time, abrasion, and weakening (e.g. via UV exposure).

Offline dantambok

« Reply #389 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 10:33:22 »
Thanks for confirming ThunderXI
Stuff  I have
More

100+ GMK sets

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:30:45 »
Slightly bummed out by the warped space bars but other than that I’m really happy!!

Offline sakodo

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:26:01 »
Slightly bummed out by the warped space bars but other than that I’m really happy!!
Show Image

Did the RAMA cap arrive along with the whole set?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:27:45 »

Yes it did, in its own fancy rama bag.
However the rama cap is extremely tight, i could barely get it on the stem of the switch :/

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:39:04 »

However the rama cap is extremely tight, i could barely get it on the stem of the switch :/

Its pretty commen with PBT spacebars that warping occurs bc of the pbt plastic. There should be plenty of guides out there to help with that problem.

Even good old Wei have a guide heh

You can also use a blow dryer or heatgun, ( just be careful to not overheat the plastics as it can cause the spacebar to warp even more )

The tolerances on the Rama caps are pretty out there. If its to tight, just use a flat head and push the walls a tiny bit.

If its to loose, use a piece of tape to sit over the stem.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:58:56 by RETURNISO »

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:51:20 »

Its pretty commen with PBT spacebars that warping occurs bc of the pbt platic. There should be plenty of guides out there to help with that problem.

You can also use a blow dryer or heatgun, ( just be careful to not overheat the plastics as it can cause the spacebar to warp even more )

The tolerances on the Rama caps are pretty out there. If its to tight, just use a flat head and push the walls a tiny bit.

If its are to loose, use a piece of tape to sit over the stem.
Nice, thank you!!

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 18:41:07 »

Its pretty commen with PBT spacebars that warping occurs bc of the pbt plastic. There should be plenty of guides out there to help with that problem.

Can this be done with the black spacebar set? I'm worried about the colours bleeding or something, boiling water is no joke.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #396 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 19:13:55 »

Can this be done with the black spacebar set? I'm worried about the colours bleeding or something, boiling water is no joke.

If the dye sub is bleeding after being soaked in hot water, then you've got some real ****ing issues.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 02:44:39 »

I would properly use the hairdryer to slowly warm it up.. ( i am not personal sure at what temperature the dye starts to die )

PBT are sensitive to hot water above 60 °C (140 °F). boiling water is typically around 100 °C or 212 °F.

So you should let the boiling water rest a bit before trying the bathtub mod  ^-^

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 06:17:32 »
After all this waiting my package seems to have dissapeared on its way here.

Kill me now.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 06:25:32 »
Still no shipping notification (ordered spacebar kit). Anyone with spacebar kit that has theirs shipped?