Author Topic: [IC] Naptime Artisan Case - Complete  (Read 26841 times)

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
Re: [IC] Naptime - Tuck in your artisans | Artisan Case | Proto in hand
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 01:19:29 »
Unfortunately it looks like Naptime will overshoot my initial estimate so I've made a quick second IC form to see how I will be going ahead with this.

https://forms.gle/s7XTbtN8cEyWwVQf8
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2020, 07:42:39 by Kingk22 »

Offline BuddhaBen

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 01:36:24 »
Can you reduce the size of it to bring the cost/price down?

I like the simplicity of this design, but like others mentioned there are other cases such as gray studio and sisi box which come in closer to the 100 mark.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 01:58:14 »
Can you reduce the size of it to bring the cost/price down?

I like the simplicity of this design, but like others mentioned there are other cases such as gray studio and sisi box which come in closer to the 100 mark.
I will be looking into this depending on the result of this new form, will also be looking into other ways to drop the weight.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
Re: [IC] Naptime Artisan Case | In-Stock end of June!
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 07:35:58 »
Hi again, GB details have been finalised.

I have decided to run this as an in-stock buy, I will be placing an order for a small number in various colours (final numbers TBC). There will be a raffle when they arrive and I have confirmed the number of A-stock units I have, they will ship within a few days of payment. I'm hoping to receive them mid-July.

I have decided not to change the design for now because of how happy I am with the proto, I may consider something smaller later on.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 07:40:19 »
Perfect for my 40s kits.

Offline youreyesonly

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 08:33:35 »
Damn. That price went up a lot, almost $200. . What are you reasons why you did not want to do a GB? With so many other competitive options it’s easy to go the other route than this case. Although the case design is nice. Many other cases will be in GB phase soon. Very unfortunate.

Edit: it is over $200 for USA. Prob the most expensive case that comes with no extras lol

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 08:47:43 »
Damn. That price went up a lot, almost $200. . What are you reasons why you did not want to do a GB? With so many other competitive options it’s easy to go the other route than this case. Although the case design is nice. Many other cases will be in GB phase soon. Very unfortunate.

Edit: it is over $200 for USA. Prob the most expensive case that comes with no extras lol

Running a GB brings about a ton of headaches, from payment providers holding payments to the factory not delivering, running as in-stock shifts the risk from the buyers to me, gives people more time to save money for it and delivers a better buying experience - you buy it and it's shipped within a few days, much better than buying now and waiting 2 months for it to ship.

I understand there other cheaper options out there, I feel Naptime offers some unique features, namely the angled design and the heft which make it ideal for a display case, most other options are intended to be used as storage/transport cases.

Offline bananathock

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 09:27:06 »
Very nice king!

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 15:40:09 »

Thumbs down for no blanket to cover those poor, cold artisans lol

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 08:05:51 »

If your artisan case falls on to your keyboard and doesn't obliterate it, is it even worth the purchase? With this case you're guaranteed at least a decent dent.

You're paying for the heftiness :cool:

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:50:44 »
I like the design very much, but because of the extremely high price I let it pass.

There are options available for half the price.

After all, it will be used as a storage case ;)

« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:59:11 by alper_maestro »

Offline youreyesonly

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:03:20 »

If your artisan case falls on to your keyboard and doesn't obliterate it, is it even worth the purchase? With this case you're guaranteed at least a decent dent.

No, i as far as foam for travel or rubber bands like the icebox does. Possible rubber feet so they dont damage your table. Etc. stuff like that should be included for a price like this. Many other cases coming out with half this price and offer similar and more options.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:47:36 »
I like the design very much, but because of the extremely high price I let it pass.

I think you're missing the key point, this is not a storage case, it's a display case.

No, i as far as foam for travel or rubber bands like the icebox does. Possible rubber feet so they dont damage your table. Etc. stuff like that should be included for a price like this. Many other cases coming out with half this price and offer similar and more options.

Like I just said, this is not for travel.

The case has cutouts on the bottom for rubber bumpons and they will be included in each purchase, I haven't posted any pictures of this yet because I'm waiting to receive my bumpons.

Offline youreyesonly

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 22:02:18 »

I think you're missing the key point, this is not a storage case, it's a display case.

No, i dont think you understand. Obviously we aren’t traveling left and right with our cases. I’m saying add on are always nice, especially for this price point. Whatever the add on is, its always nice to have. Design is awesome but you could probably cut cost down by removing some weight, using a different material, or finding a new factory. I’m sure you’ll sell out of your 15-30 cases youre going to order but if you want theses in everyone’s hand, you may want to be open minded and take suggestions. Just saying but good luck .

Like I just said, this is not for travel.

The case has cutouts on the bottom for rubber bumpons and they will be included in each purchase, I haven't posted any pictures of this yet because I'm waiting to receive my bumpons.

Offline biothermal

• Art
Re: [IC] Naptime Artisan Case | In-Stock Mid July!
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 06:45:29 »

No, i dont think you understand. Obviously we aren’t traveling left and right with our cases. I’m saying add on are always nice, especially for this price point. Whatever the add on is, its always nice to have. Design is awesome but you could probably cut cost down by removing some weight, using a different material, or finding a new factory. I’m sure you’ll sell out of your 15-30 cases youre going to order but if you want theses in everyone’s hand, you may want to be open minded and take suggestions. Just saying but good luck

Not to beleaguer the point... but I think everyone understands. As you yourself seem to have realized, this case isn't for everyone. It's for the subset of artisan collectors who most likely already have a case they can use for travel, or something that costs a fraction of the price, and want a display case for their desk.

To clarify, I was being  (unhelpfully) sardonic here. I've supported King's project since he unveiled it, and yes it is a hunk of metal--there's no real reason to [edit: literally] pick it up  :p

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2020, 09:09:28 by biothermal »

Offline kaisn

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 08:52:43 »
If I can justify buying artisans I can justify buying this.
so I will buy it

Offline youreyesonly

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 10:00:38 »

No, i dont think you understand. Obviously we aren’t traveling left and right with our cases. I’m saying add on are always nice, especially for this price point. Whatever the add on is, its always nice to have. Design is awesome but you could probably cut cost down by removing some weight, using a different material, or finding a new factory. I’m sure you’ll sell out of your 15-30 cases youre going to order but if you want theses in everyone’s hand, you may want to be open minded and take suggestions. Just saying but good luck

Yeah it wasn’t hard to notice you were on one side. That the problem with these IC and GBs. They always have fans that don’t let people with opinion and actual suggest speak without saying something that redirects the convo or adds nothing to it.
Not to beleaguer the point... but I think everyone understands. As you yourself seem to have realized, this case isn't for everyone. It's for the subset of artisan collectors who most likely already have a case they can use for travel, or something that costs a fraction of the price, and want a display case for their desk.

To clarify, I was being  (unhelpfully) sardonic here. I've supported King's project since he unveiled it, and yes it is a hunk of metal--there's no real reason to [edit: literally] pick it up  :p

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 10:15:29 »
I'd buy one.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:00:25 »
Very nice!!

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 22:23:12 »
I received my bumpons today so here's some pictures of the underside.

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2020, 21:51:28 by Kingk22 »

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 23:53:41 »
I'm in King, so when's a full brass one and to follow that up a SS one?

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 01:11:26 »
I'm in King, so when's a full brass one and to follow that up a SS one?

Stay tuned ;)

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 01:26:27 »
Hi, is this where I come to express my love for this and also to say that the runner is a total cutie?

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:42:02 »

Yeah I know, I recently bought the Wongbox which is also a display case for around 80 USD. It's not premium as this, but it will do the job.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 06:50:30 »

Yeah I know, I recently bought the Wongbox which is also a display case for around 80 USD. It's not premium as this, but it will do the job.

If someone is willing to pay 200-400$ for resin keycaps, surely they will buy an nice aluminum display case that has a display tilt built in.

Alternatively, you could also buy a tackle box from walmart for less than 20$

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:00:17 »

Yeah it wasn’t hard to notice you were on one side. That the problem with these IC and GBs. They always have fans that don’t let people with opinion and actual suggest speak without saying something that redirects the convo or adds nothing to it.

God forbid someone pays close to $200 for something that protects and displays caps that are most times worth well well over that.

Your "suggestions and opinions" are for someone to add in free stuff, which is obnoxious, so don't play the woe is me card here like you're being persecuted by people who just want to buy an artisan case.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 07:06:20 »

If someone is willing to pay 200-400$ for resin keycaps, surely they will buy an nice aluminum display case that has a display tilt built in.

Also to add to this, wongbox was meant specifically to be budget friendly lol.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 16:58:06 »

I am not convinced that many people are willing to pay more than $ 200 for an artisan case/display. This is very pricey, regardless of the quality and appearance. But if you're willing to pay, that's your choise.

Nevertheless, I must say that this artisan case is very beautiful. Personally prefer to spend that much money on a complete set of GMK keycaps for example.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2020, 20:25:06 by alper_maestro »

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
Re: [IC] Naptime Artisan Case | Ordered | In-Stock Mid July!
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 01:18:49 »
A few small quick updates
  • the order has been placed for the full run
  • expecting them to be done in 4 weeks plus a few more weeks for them to be shipped to me
  • to keep the price I was originally quoted I had to do all one colour, all naptime units will be black, just like the proto

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 02:19:00 »
  • expecting them to be done in 4 weeks plus a few more weeks for them to be shipped to me
  • to keep the price I was originally quoted I had to do all one colour, all naptime units will be black, just like the proto

Awwww no silver? SS Naptime wen?

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 02:24:11 »

Awwww no silver? SS Naptime wen?

Yeah, unfortunately to get silver going it would've brought the price up even more and there wasn't enough demand from the original form to justify it.

Now SS though

Offline WILL XOXO

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:25:43 »
Hi bro it looks so nice, just tell me where and when I can buy it? I can’t wait to get one thanks

Offline WILL XOXO

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:27:37 »
Hi bro it looks so nice please tell me where and when I can buy it? I can’t wait to get one thanks

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:37:29 »
Hi bro it looks so nice, just tell me where and when I can buy it? I can’t wait to get one thanks

If everything goes to plan they should be arriving to me mid-July, will be a raffle then.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 04:18:38 »
For anyone not following along on discord, all the Naptimes were shipped out earlier today and I'm expecting to receive them in 2-3 weeks, with them being ready to sell and ship around 2 weeks after that.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 04:36:47 »
For anyone not following along on discord, all the Naptimes were shipped out earlier today and I'm expecting to receive them in 2-3 weeks, with them being ready to sell and ship around 2 weeks after that.

Heeellllllll Yeeeaaahhhhhhh!!

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
Re: [IC] Naptime Artisan Case | In-Stock!
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:38:15 »
Hi all, the naptimes arrived today, I'll get a GB post up with details about the sale and QCing within the next day or two.

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:00:12 »
N A P T I M E
A
P
T
I
M
E

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 18:16:08 »
GB thread is live with details https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107244.0