Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183103 times)

Offline Kavik

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27350 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 19:40:02 »
I traded an old recliner to my friend for his 4k TV, and, as we were setting the TV on the stand, I moved the power cable out of the way of the TV foot, causing it to fling into the air and one of the prongs to scratch the screen right in the middle. I'm hoping a magic eraser will fix it. That really took the excitement out of receiving it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27351 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 02:24:40 »
get it as smooth as you can, then apply some very light wax and buff it.  The only problem with this, is it might show a splotch where the wax is.

Acrylic buffing compound sort of works, but it leaves tiny buffing pattern, you shouldn't be able to see this from far away.

Do not use a rotary tool, the vibration / reverb can shatter the glass substrate.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #27352 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 03:13:48 »
When i try i boot my pc and directly load on GH and that the page loads and loads and loads....so i'm like...UGH, my network is slow this morning...so i reboot my router...and try again...but same...then I try another website...and it turns out that GH was down...not my network... >:D

Offline iri

« Reply #27353 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 03:50:55 »
When i try i boot my pc and directly load on GH and that the page loads and loads and loads....so i'm like...UGH, my network is slow this morning...so i reboot my router...and try again...but same...then I try another website...and it turns out that GH was down...not my network... >:D
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #27354 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 05:10:39 »
Moved house, possum infestation in the roof of the new place, pest removal guy put one-way doors where they were getting in and blocked the other holes, one possum pissed in the ceiling and it leaked through an exhaust fan onto the second bathroom floor, stinks, now it seems a possum died up there and the house is full of flies and the bathroom floor is covered with maggots.  Still stinks.

It was bad enough having one trying to reside under our last house knocking stuff down in the middle of the night and waking us up, can't imagine the pain of having one in the ceiling cavity.
Also great when they jump from a nearby tree onto your roof and THUMP all the way across into a tree on the other side  :mad:

They used to be  trapped for the fur until they were classified as endangered but are now protected, adapting well to suburbia as well.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27355 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:20:48 »
Unreachable back pimples. We all get 'em from time to time, we just never talk about 'em.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27356 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:10:16 »
Unreachable back pimples. We all get 'em from time to time, we just never talk about 'em.
I scrape them on sharp edged door trim.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline iri

« Reply #27357 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:52:49 »
Start flexing :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27358 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 19:10:21 »

Tp4 has never had a back pimple..

Feeling left out of the human experience. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27359 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 19:12:39 »

Show Image

Eat less veggies, more tasty food.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27360 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 20:22:34 »

Show Image

how can you eat fried chicky and drink beers and never gotten a single back pimple?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27361 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 23:06:08 »

how can you eat fried chicky and drink beers and never gotten a single back pimple?

Never had one on back.

have had some on face when were 14-15..

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27362 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 02:45:53 »
eat more spicy food:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27363 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 10:23:48 »
eat more spicy food:)

Recall reading somewhere that people who's skin (react) to spicy foods are actually just mildly allergic to Nightshade category plants. (including tomato/potato)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27364 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 19:44:49 »
Played 6 hours of Arsenal and Restaurant Tycoon 2 and then had to go to a meeting for a robotics tourtament

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27365 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:33:17 »
cam girl problems  :blank:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27366 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:02:17 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27367 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:31:26 »
cam girl problems  :blank:

spicy.

never mod for them, the trouble is not worth the tips

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27368 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 05:48:33 »
Woke up, guessed it was early as it's dark.  It's not, it's nearly noon!  Why so late?  Because I didn't go to bed at a sensible time because I don't feel any tireder at 'bedtime' than when I wake up, regardless of how much I sleep.  Had my normal 6.5 hours, guess I'm ready for the new day...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27369 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 09:33:17 »
Tried to swap handlebars on my bike, can't get the shifter to get past half way up the cassette and there's loads of slack in the cable so it shouldn't have moved at all.  Can't get my head round what's going on.  Tried to help a newbie with a keycap question, failed to count to three and gave bad advise.  Quickly corrected myself but not good.

No work next week (no trains, I have leave to use up anyway) but what am I capable of doing?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27370 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 13:45:17 »
Keep us posted noisy

I asked her out and she said yes  :eek:, but we're gonna wait for when we aren't working crazy long OT weeks and aren't both dead tired. One of the things that attracted me to her in the first place was how hard she is working to get her life/career stabilized, it's so ****ing hot.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27371 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:18:29 »
Got ~6 inches of snow overnight. I guess we're just going to just skip Fall and head straight into Winter.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline phinix

« Reply #27372 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:50:38 »
Got ~6 inches of snow overnight. I guess we're just going to just skip Fall and head straight into Winter.

You're lucky.

Here in UK all we get is rain... and... brexit...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #27373 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:53:06 »
And it's not clear whether we are getting Brexit either

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #27374 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:58:00 »
And it's not clear whether we are getting Brexit either
We are getting, just numpties can't even agree withing UK what they really want...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27375 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 18:07:57 »
Hrrrm... Angry Birds 2 (movie) isn't as good as Angry Birds 1.. I know it's a kid's movie, but he plot was really inconsistent..

Offline iri

« Reply #27376 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:27:50 »
I ****ing hate leetcode.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #27377 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:30:42 »
I ****ing hate leetcode.
they went EU only?

More
:-*
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27378 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:33:19 »
Either my phone screen is playing up or the latest version of Sailfish is broken - battery life is down, touch accuracy is down and it misses many clicks, plus the browser gets laggy so needs restarting.  Not quite unusable but it's getting close.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27379 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:35:15 »
I ****ing hate leetcode.
they went EU only?

More

The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline.
No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #27380 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 09:20:43 »
I ****ing hate leetcode.
they went EU only?

More

The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline.
No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27381 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 09:28:05 »
Either my phone screen is playing up or the latest version of Sailfish is broken - battery life is down, touch accuracy is down and it misses many clicks, plus the browser gets laggy so needs restarting.  Not quite unusable but it's getting close.

It's running dat bitcoin miner.. eating up ur cpu cycles.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27382 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:07:41 »
Math, studied 3 hours only to get a 3 mark improvement over my previously failed quiz

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27383 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:09:34 »

Could be I suppose, websites don't know more than your user agent says so it's a desktop and worth a go.  Definitely not fast enough to make any money though :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27384 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:59:07 »

Could be I suppose, websites don't know more than your user agent says so it's a desktop and worth a go.  Definitely not fast enough to make any money though :))

a little bit from millions of fones, adds up.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #27385 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 13:14:41 »
Not sure if this is the place to vent, but what's bothering me is the venom I see in the forums (e.g., Olivia++ IC) towards people that merely ask about alt layouts. There are a lot of people ****ting on other community members just for asking if Colevrak or NorDeUK would be supported, being told "imagine asking for Colevrak in 2019" and "Use blanks or adapt." Like, what is even the point of making a custom keyboard if you're never allowed by the community to even ask about support for something other than a 108 or TKL with an ANSI-QWERTY layout?
Ortho. Always.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27386 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 23:17:48 »
I can't stand it when people smack when talking. It sounds like spitting and it makes me cringe. Especially when someone is doing a lecture or presentation, which is being amplified and possibly recorded - I can't listen to it any longer. A microphone picks up the sound very well and amplifies it so that it sounds like a gunshot to my ears. A wet, disgusting gunshot full of noxious saliva.
If you're going to make a public speech, then first please learn to avoid such annoying habits!

I ****ing hate leetcode.
WTF is "leetcode"?
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2019, 23:20:29 by Findecanor »

Offline iri

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27388 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:56:14 »
Math.

Am scared for quadratic expressions test on wednesday

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27389 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:25:24 »
Took 8 weeks for my custom cables to show up and one of them doesn't work.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27390 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 12:59:14 »
The 'best' excuse I heard for a delayed train before today was “leaves on the track” but they've just topped it - today's is “slippery rails”.  Apparently that's train operator speak for “it rained”?  It does that a lot...  Can't help wondering what the engineering works they closed the line for a week to do actually improved.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27391 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 15:41:50 »
Can't help wondering what the engineering works they closed the line for a week to do actually improved.
Bank accounts of the local bus company's management.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27392 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 19:33:33 »
The 'best' excuse I heard for a delayed train before today was “leaves on the track” but they've just topped it - today's is “slippery rails”.  Apparently that's train operator speak for “it rained”?  It does that a lot...  Can't help wondering what the engineering works they closed the line for a week to do actually improved.

When I was a school kid catching the train to school they were sometimes brutally honest. On more than one occasion you would get "attention customers due to a fatality the train to bla bla will be delayed by bla bla"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27393 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 19:41:56 »

When I was a school kid catching the train to school they were sometimes brutally honest. On more than one occasion you would get "attention customers due to a fatality the train to bla bla will be delayed by bla bla"

That's straya righ ?  Peeps die on the tracks all the time, walking up and down'um on Meth binges ?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27394 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 20:06:23 »

That's straya righ ?  Peeps die on the tracks all the time, walking up and down'um on Meth binges ?

I did work experience with the trains. I don't know if this is a thing in other countries, I assume it is. If not it is where you hang around whatever company will take your teenage ass for a week.

Anyway, that is where I learnt that they averaged one fatality a week. Usually from suicides but they did not really publish the fact as they were trying to avoid other people getting on board (ahahahahah get it).

Two people in my year at school got rekd by trains before we had graduated. But they were both drunk and from memory, one may have already died prior to getting train smashed. So for me, it common in my mind. I think my year may have been extra dumb though because we also had a heroin overdose. I do not recall this much carnage with any other year at that school.

I have no idea about what goes down on the rails now though as I no longer reside in that state.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27395 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 20:52:48 »

I did work experience with the trains. I don't know if this is a thing in other countries, I assume it is. If not it is where you hang around whatever company will take your teenage ass for a week.

Anyway, that is where I learnt that they averaged one fatality a week. Usually from suicides but they did not really publish the fact as they were trying to avoid other people getting on board (ahahahahah get it).

Two people in my year at school got rekd by trains before we had graduated. But they were both drunk and from memory, one may have already died prior to getting train smashed. So for me, it common in my mind. I think my year may have been extra dumb though because we also had a heroin overdose. I do not recall this much carnage with any other year at that school.

I have no idea about what goes down on the rails now though as I no longer reside in that state.

Well, heroin knows no boundaries, it can take anyone.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27396 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 21:34:23 »

I heard that once, interesting you say sometimes on the honesty - maybe it happens often and they are just trying to keep it quiet.  Surely they could come up with a more feasible alternative though?  I mean 'cow on the line' - a train driver can't do much if a cow doesn't want to move, it's stupid but kinda believable as there are plenty of cows along the route.  Leaves and slippery rails? Surely no-one's buying it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27397 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 21:36:33 »

Well, heroin knows no boundaries, it can take anyone.

This true.

Offline iri

« Reply #27398 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 06:21:21 »

Once, a train I took stopped and the driver announced it's because 'a man decided to take a rest on the rails'.

Mind you, this was an ICE2, capable of doing 280 km/h. The 'resting' man was quite lucky the driver was able to stop.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27399 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 08:40:49 »
My shower wont work.  When I pull the cord the power light comes on but when I turn the shower on the light goes out and nothing happens.  Bought new pull switch as this is usually the problem so 'just' need to turn off the mains and fit it.  Except as the shower was fitted when we had an extension built the fuse box for it is in the garage about ten feet off the floor.  Above the door when it's open.  So I have to close the door, turn on the light, erect and climb a ladder, kill power (it's now pitch black) then climb down the ladder and move it to get the door open.  If I manage this I then get to play with mains wiring which I really shouldn't be doing in my retarded state.  Finally if I'm still alive I'll have to shut myself back in the garage and erect and climb the ladder in the dark...

Wish me luck, I need it!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod