Author Topic: [IC] Cheap Doubleshot ABS colored keycaps  (Read 30314 times)

Offline GhostofHarry

Re: [IC] Cheap Doubleshot ABS colored keycaps
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 05:08:16 »
Star a new IC with poll in OP and [POLL] in title, it will help evaluate things much better.

waiting for approval :D

Harry, let me give you a warning first. It's friendly, so don't get me wrong.

HKers live in teeny weeny little spaces. Assuming you are not ultra rich (since you are getting involved in a cheapo group buy), you will need space in your house for a GB, and you will need space to sort things and store things for a while because there's no way you are going to get the stuff shipped out day after you receive them. You will have lots of boxes.

If any of them is going to cause major disaster in your life (such as parents or girlfriend issuing ultimatums) then it might be better handled by someone else.

I love group buys but I also know the extent of my capabilities. I can't handle 10000 emails/ PMs. I want group buys to be sustainable for the organizers and not burnt out by their experience!

thx for ur advice bersekfan, there should be an empty office for me to sort out stuffs and do the shippings.
So the space needed should not be a problem

The whole process of GB should be able to carry out, but I'm not sure if I can get the lowest price possible.
For example, Like shipping, I can simply send out all the orders through HK post, but the shipping fee will be sky high for each order.
What I may need are advice from experienced ppl, and the helps from others such as proxies so that we can run the whole gb smoothly.

I will try to list out everything and make a Q&A when GB starts to try to lower the questions and PMs ;)

Well, ok, since you are enthusiastic and have access to an empty office, let me throw in what I can. I hope my brainstorming helps a bit.

1)   You ought to familiarize yourself with some softwares that make your work easier. EG you need to have all the names on a spreadsheet, you need to print labels from them easily, etc.
2)   Using an older list, or not properly closing your orders and using the latest list, makes for bad mistakes.
3)   You should familiarize yourself with the relevant post options. Sometimes it is cheaper to mail via an expensive service like FedEx.
4)   Some post options get dramatically more expensive with just one weight step, after which the distance to the next weight step may be something fairly large. I just sold Boost a Filco TKL and was quite annoyed to discover that sending two TKLs to him in NY would have cost about the same. Your problem is that if you don’t quote the right shipping, you can make losses- or lose friends.
5)   You need to procure a digital scale.
6)   For your sanity, I would suggest that you check whether Tai Hao can ship all the orders for one country directly. Then you can get proxies in different countries or regions and that greatly reduces your work as well as shipping costs.
7)   Labor costs in China are low, and shipping costs from China tend to be very moderate. Tai Hao produces in China. I wonder if Xuanwumen can be persuaded to help – he’s a pretty good guy. If we pay him $1 packing fee per set, I think most people will not begrudge that. Putting in a big order from Tai Hao through him may also be a win-win for Xuanwumen since it helps him establish a business relationship and buy things at wholesale cost, without needing to commit too much cash.

I can’t do proxying because I am quite disorganized and make mistakes. But I can promise assistance in other ways. I consider everything here a discretionary purchase, so I can buy less or none and live happily, or I can buy more to help a friend. I will probably order 6 sets. I’m perfectly happy with zero if your group buy winds up with insufficient sets. I will also commit to buy 3 additional sets if someone backs out. This should make your life a bit easier. ;-]

That's some good advice for me  :D
Thx berserkfan

And thx for your support too.
Hope I won't mess up stuffs :)

Definitely urge you to talk to Xuanwumen. He would prefer if you can talk to him in Chinese too.

I think there’s a lot of opportunity for a business solution here.

Sent a longer PM on a proposed business plan. I believe it could revolutionize the way geekhackers organize keycap group buys, and turn into a system/ machine that we can use all the time to buy keycaps at a low cost and with minimal waiting times.

When we have trashed out how the business plan works, you can post it and we'll see who we can get to sign up, as programmers, organizers, and vendors/ our China-located man on the ground.

thats a fun and gorgeous plan

If it works out, it would benefit the community much much more

had sent u a reply  :))

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 14:45:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

I would buy at least one of each of these.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:22:01 »