Author Topic: Signature Plastics G20: Good Idea or Bad Idea?  (Read 33744 times)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Signature Plastics G20: Good Idea or Bad Idea?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 19:03:09 »
Anybody else get the email??

Quote from: pimpmykeyboard
Happy Holidays, everyone! To celebrate one of our favorite times of year, we're offering 50% off all G20 keysets. These smooth, rounded key caps have the largest surface area of any of our keycap families; the reduced gap in between keys allows for a smooth transition from one key to the next, making them ideal for gaming.

This sale ends Dec. 21 at 11:59 PT, so don't wait to take advantage of this deal! Just use coupon code G2015 at checkout and get 50% off all G20 keysets.

I'm not subscribed, but I saw it on reddit. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the keycaps to make an informed purchase, although that price point is tempting.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 21:31:44 »

Quote from: pimpmykeyboard
Happy Holidays, everyone! To celebrate one of our favorite times of year, we're offering 50% off all G20 keysets. These smooth, rounded key caps have the largest surface area of any of our keycap families; the reduced gap in between keys allows for a smooth transition from one key to the next, making them ideal for gaming.

This sale ends Dec. 21 at 11:59 PT, so don't wait to take advantage of this deal! Just use coupon code G2015 at checkout and get 50% off all G20 keysets.

I got it. Dunno if I'll jump on it, as I spent a lot on caps recently.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 21:33:58 »
I got the email; even at the cost of shipment I would not take it. A flat typing surface and PBT are two things I cannot have on my board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 22:30:21 »

Yes, but I've overspent on a couple of other things that I wasn't expecting to come up.

I am curious to try these, I liked the look of DSA but not really the feel, perhaps these will be better.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:19:31 »
the moment i seen this thread i go check PMK and buy one of these caps.
i buy the one who look likes granite set, its really nice to buy with 50% coupon :p

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 06:52:25 »
i buy the one who look likes granite set, its really nice to buy with 50% coupon :p
Waiting my stealth set arrive and now all G20's are half off  :( Sale ends 21st so if you were wanting try them now's the time, they added a vanilla sublimated set as well. No colors though, Grey/Black/White.

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 08:44:15 »
It must be stated that I do not work SP and I had no knowledge of any sale until SpAmRaY posted it. All mere coincidence
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 08:52:28 »
I think the community know you very well to think otherwise, but thank you for the clarification.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 08:58:04 »
I think the community know you very well to think otherwise, but thank you for the clarification.

Ouch. I may work with them regarding novelties, but honestly I had no prior knowledge of this. All I wanted to do was guage interest level and discuss the newest SP profile.  :D

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 08:59:30 »

Ouch. I may work with them regarding novelties, but honestly I had no prior knowledge of this. All I wanted to do was guage interest level and discuss the newest SP profile.  :D

I think you misinterpreted his post. XD

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:02:22 »

Eh, one of my character flaws...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:15:18 »

I do not think you are promoting SP stuff. I hope this is clearer that the previous post.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 09:58:03 »

I do not think you are promoting SP stuff. I hope this is clearer that the previous post.

Ah. Thanks for clarification

Offline SL89

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 10:09:07 »
I've been wanting to try the G20 profile for quite some time, im glad that the new dyseubs are up on SP and other people are talking about them finally.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:09:07 »
Waiting my stealth set arrive and now all G20's are half off  :( Sale ends 21st so if you were wanting try them now's the time, they added a vanilla sublimated set as well. No colors though, Grey/Black/White.

im already order it :thumb:. $40 including shipping i dont even think twice about it.
im buying G20 Sublimated Sets with white base set and grey modifier.
wish the color would similar to think different set or granite set :p

Offline skuko

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:14:59 »
wow, i ordered a stealth set last week on thursday. i feel kinda cheated now, paid 90$ including shipping, now it's 50$. :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:26:12 »
wow, i ordered a stealth set last week on thursday. i feel kinda cheated now, paid 90$ including shipping, now it's 50$. :(

Ops, that is really sad.

Offline skuko

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:04:39 »
i could still be a **** and return them under DSR, right? because right now, i am kinda pissed at SP.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:34:48 »
i could still be a **** and return them under DSR, right? because right now, i am kinda pissed at SP.

How much is the shipping cost?

Offline skuko

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 06:00:07 »

How much is the shipping cost?
14 something dollars

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:04:39 »
Not too hopeful that I'll like typing on this profile, but it does look kinda cool and with this deal going on I can't really pass up the opportunity to give these a fair chance. Probably gonna order a night-mode Stealth set to try on my CF-LX... if that actually arrives soon, that is.  ;)
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 07:27:37 »
Looking forward for some reviews on these caps.

Offline skuko

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 00:54:57 »
i've received my set yesterday (i'm typing this on them as a matter of fact) and will do a small write write up along with the FC750R review i'm (gonna be) doing after the holidays, but the tl;dr version is i don't really like them (compared to the cherry profile GMKs i had on before). the profile just isn't my cup of tea, it seems. i think i like the sculptured cherry profile more, the keys have a VERY small gap between them, so i often press two keys at the same time or press the wrong one (that may be because i'm not fully used to them though). I like the quality though, the dyesubbed PBT is nice. i think i'll be putting them up in the classifieds early next year.

i don't think they're bad per se, just not my cup of tea.

edit:
some potato pics
http://imgur.com/wl4kIrk,14MUrW5,ndilLBa
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:49:42 by skuko »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 03:46:17 »
I do kinda like the look of these ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 06:28:42 »
They seem to have added new colors/dyesubbing. I have to say they look pretty good.
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:59:38 »
Still no reviews?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:08:04 »