Author Topic: Improvement of smartkeyboard  (Read 7096 times)

Offline stone5678

Improvement of smartkeyboard
« on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 04:52:19 »
A new keyboard with  touchscreen,  like AJAZZ AKP815,  LCD placed on the right, whether placed in the middle?
1, it conforms to the ergonomic keyboard.
2,  Blind typing
3,  Muscle memory
4,Customize  any virtual keystrokes you want

Offline stone5678

Re: Improvement of smartkeyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 April 2024, 05:01:32 »
sorry, this is  AKP815, 

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 10:40:51 »
This thread is a head-scratcher. Why do you need a touch screen? Why not a macropad? This feels like a pretty standard split layout with a macro in the middle column
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline stone5678

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 June 2024, 07:17:35 »
It's not a macro keyboard, it's more like a  APPLE touchbar. 
Rectangular touch bar

Offline stone5678

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 02:57:51 »
The akp815 is  a  macrokey keyboard.  The picture in the previous post is misleading.
Actually, I mean,  smartkeyboard something like a TouchBar. 

It must does most the functions of a Touchbar. Its improvement is that it has changed from a slender strip at the top to a rectangular touchscreen in the center of the keyboard.
Why here? It is the area where the fingers move the smaller distance, it is easy to form muscle memory, easy to type blindly. Not any more, adjust the field of view back and forth. Too hard.
The Touch Bar is a cool invention. For example,  contextually display. It alters what digital buttons and images  depending on the open program and the task at hand. That's  smart. Now that AI technology is  easy to implement.
The picture is a sample Emcs or Vim editor, cursor movement. You can do more, entering unicode symbol, emulating an IBM red dot mouse, sketching, handwriting recognition, timeline and knob manipulation.
The hardware only about 50~100 US$.  It just requires an  MCU, USB knowledge, touchscreen. Any Keyboard Layout.

Is anyone else interested in it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2024, 03:06:16 by stone5678 »

Offline ItIsWritten

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 07:28:20 »
I think personally I would have trouble with it in the middle, since I cross over when typing, but the one on the right is interesting or maybe one with the lcd between the alphas and the numbers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk

Offline stone5678

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 June 2024, 02:59:57 »
I have also considered the location between the alphas and the numbers. There are reviews that  on the right side makes it difficult to operate with the left hand. Right hand, sometimes, which conflicts with the mouse. (See Thinkbook PLUS 17)

For example, when you use Adobe PS, touch various  shortcut keys on the LCD with your left hand, and operate the mouse with your right hand simultaneously.(These shortcut icons are  related to your current PS toolbar. The Final Cut Pro of MacBook Pro Touchbar has been optimized)

In addition to cross, there is other issue ,the  split keyboard. How many people are willing to adapt to this kind of layout? 
The middle screen may be a reason. Improve efficiency.

Middle is a compromise.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 June 2024, 10:48:00 »
If you want to be super ergonomic i rather go with a split corne and adjust my typing style
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline stone5678

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2024, 13:56:54 »
OK, thanks a lot. The location is just first step. It needs more critical professional guidance. There are all kinds of previous ideas,full transparent Flux,Stream deck,touchbar and so on. Split, Alice layout is also concern. Right side will be tested.
Especially "contextually" in the future,   (https://www.pcworld.com/article/410854/razers-radical-switchblade-ui-was-apples-touch-bar-before-apples-touch-bar.html). The value of the keyboard depends on the feature.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2024, 14:40:39 by stone5678 »