Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed  (Read 273539 times)

Offline oom

Re: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 04:51:56 »
Are the customers supposed to have a ****ty product just because the production company can't be sewed to fix their product? Vendors should have some sort of responsibility for addressing issues when they arise, and this is obviously an issue.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 05:57:51 »
I had no success fixing ABS spacebars. PBT spacebars are easier to fix.

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

And the vendors are just expected to eat the shipping costs for thousands of spacebars?

They don't eat the shipping costs. It's invoiced to GMK. They will however have to pay for shipping up front and then invoice GMK after replacements are sent out.

Being present in other sets from the past shouldn't matter, we had fixes with WoB/BoW icon mods for things that have shown up in the past too.
It's about whether or not GMK acknowledges the issue as outside of their "specifications",
specifications which don't exist today and they pull out of their ass depending on if they deem something worth fixing or not.
Specifications which seem to change depending on how much you pressure them, even if they initially tell you "it's within spec".

Your best bet is to do exactly this, spam every thread that has issues with photos and in as much detail as possible.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 06:00:11 by Emir »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:10:11 »

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

And the vendors are just expected to eat the shipping costs for thousands of spacebars?

They don't eat the shipping costs. It's invoiced to GMK. They will however have to pay for shipping up front and then invoice GMK after replacements are sent out.

Being present in other sets from the past shouldn't matter, we had fixes with WoB/BoW icon mods for things that have shown up in the past too.
It's about whether or not GMK acknowledges the issue as outside of their "specifications",
specifications which don't exist today and they pull out of their ass depending on if they deem something worth fixing or not.
Specifications which seem to change depending on how much you pressure them, even if they initially tell you "it's within spec".

Your best bet is to do exactly this, spam every thread that has issues with photos and in as much detail as possible.

I agree the vagueness and fluctuation of what "within spec" qualifies as is frustrating.

I don't get why you assume it's a given that GMK would pay for the shipping from the vendors to the customers and not something that would need discussed/negotiated though. Would that be the "proper" solution? Yes. But I don't get why you act like it's assumed.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #503 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:41:55 »

I agree the vagueness and fluctuation of what "within spec" qualifies as is frustrating.

I don't get why you assume it's a given that GMK would pay for the shipping from the vendors to the customers and not something that would need discussed/negotiated though. Would that be the "proper" solution? Yes. But I don't get why you act like it's assumed.

I am not making any assumptions in my post. I will say though I do not know if that is how it has been handled in every single case, but from what I have experienced personally, that's how it has been.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 17:20:16 »

Most GMK fanbois and Vendors didn't take too kindly to this.

It's been almost 2 months since I've reported the 9009 warped spacebars, and there's no resolution on it yet. With each week's newsletter dixie claiming that GMK hasn't replied back yet, when he claims to talk to the owner of GMK daily (as shown above). Lets see what he says today (21st Aug).

On one hand vendors complain that expectation from GMK are too high (imo making straight spacebars isn't a high expectation), but have an issue with warped spacebars being discussed on discord or geekhack.

What we need is an objectively defined spec sheet or criterial, which clearly demarcates what is within acceptable tolerance and what is an error. Something like NovelKeys own keycap disclaimer.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #505 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 20:56:42 »
Still cant wait for this set. My experience with GMK over the last 5 years has shown me slight warping has no issues with causing stabilizers to scratch/rub like ePBT does.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:10:56 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #506 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:52:13 »
I see some people talking strangely - that it was always like that. Here some news: no. I bought GMK WoB keyset half a year ago and it doesn't have any warp, gmk 8008 has a little bit, but nothing to shout about, but gmk olivia++ is pretty bad (1.5-2 mm).
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:54:49 by Domantas »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #507 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:53:56 »
Still cant wait for this set. My experience with GMK over the last 5 years has shown me slight warping has no issues with causing stabilizers to scratch/rub like ePBT does.

Yeah the set overall is very nice (much nicer irl than in renders) despite spacebars

First wanna comment this is greatly designed set. Also greatly and fastly delivered. But can't say same thing about production quality.

My 7u spacebar is noticabily warped and 6.25 a bit too. Is it possible to get a replacement of that key or at least 7u? I don't have board to test my 7u spacebar, because it didn't arrive, but it looks concerning - it is like 2mm tilt. Comparing to 8008 it is noticably warped: 8008 was last set with good spacebars. Stop misleading about gmk making keycaps like that, because a month ago they didn't.
Show Image
LINK TO PHOTOS/COMPARANCE: https://imgur.com/a/oZukCuE . I know that GMK replaced noticably warped, shifted legend as it was with oblivion r2. Please do the same GMK, we still hope you can do better, because 8008 was not bad talking about spacebars.

Can you post pics with the lights on please, I can't tell the difference because they are too dark.

Ok I will replace some pics later (probably tommorow). Also GMK has some problems with their question mark mold XD on gmk 8008 it is thin and on olivia++ it is bold
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:57:13 by Domantas »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #508 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 22:49:27 »
my 3-4 year old GMK sets have warped spacebars, my handarbeit has warped spacebars

i've asked around to people with vintage doubleshot sets from 20-30 years ago, and they have warped spacebars

plastic on the inside cools at a lower rate than plastic on the outside, this causes warping

the myth that ABS spacebars are "warp free" was always just that, a myth

there are a lot of issues with GMK keycaps but you're choosing the wrong one to battle, this isn't something that's so easily fixed as "just retool it 4Head," it's an inherent quality of injection molding

keyboard people have the most unattainable quality standards of any group i've ever been a part of, sometimes to the greater determent of the community

don't get mad just to be mad

it's just frustrating to me that people are blaming vendors for this
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 22:52:36 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #509 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 23:13:14 »
@puddsy

No one is saying that GMK is perfect.

But I think it's obvious to even the casual observer that something has changed with GMK's production process in the last 6-9 months.

Offline nappis

« Reply #510 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 01:27:10 »
To all people who tell to adjust expectations because GMK is not perfect.

This is taken from GMK  Striker IC (also in GB thread):

"Technical Specs

Original Cherry Corp. Profile
High quality 1.5mm thick keycaps with doublsehot legends that will never fade.
Made in Germany by GMK electronic design GmbH."

And for example Candykeys has this bull**** on their Groupbuy pages:
"GMK Electronic Design is a manufacturing of original Cherry MX keycaps based in south Germany, right next to CandyKeys. GMK manufactures keycaps using original Cherry MX Molding Tooling bought from Cherry in 2011. All keycaps are manufactured from thick, high quality ABS Plastic and are made sure to carry perfect smooth texture and lasting design."

So people see no warped keys or distorted legends, or crooked keys in ICs or GBs. They are told GMK is super high quality and then they get **** like this.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 02:41:05 »
To all people who tell to adjust expectations because GMK is not perfect.

This is taken from GMK  Striker IC (also in GB thread):

"Technical Specs

Original Cherry Corp. Profile
High quality 1.5mm thick keycaps with doublsehot legends that will never fade.
Made in Germany by GMK electronic design GmbH."

And for example Candykeys has this bull**** on their Groupbuy pages:
"GMK Electronic Design is a manufacturing of original Cherry MX keycaps based in south Germany, right next to CandyKeys. GMK manufactures keycaps using original Cherry MX Molding Tooling bought from Cherry in 2011. All keycaps are manufactured from thick, high quality ABS Plastic and are made sure to carry perfect smooth texture and lasting design."

So people see no warped keys or distorted legends, or crooked keys in ICs or GBs. They are told GMK is super high quality and then they get **** like this.
I guess they mean even if the spacebar is wrapped, it is still a very high quality wrapped spacebar.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #512 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 20:07:02 »
@puddsy

But I think it's obvious to even the casual observer that something has changed with GMK's production process in the last 6-9 months.

most of the issues being highlighted appear on sets dating back pretty far, they just went unnoticed until recently

thin question mark, for example

true olivetti (~2018)

GMK TA (~2016)

i have more info about other issues, but i think this is enough to make my point
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 22:32:19 »
@puddsy

most of the issues being highlighted appear on sets dating back pretty far, they just went unnoticed until recently

true olivetti (~2018)

Show Image

GMK TA (~2016)

Show Image

i have more info about other issues, but i think this is enough to make my point
It is still a problem.
It doesn't matter whether it has been noticed in the past or not, as long as majority of its customers concern about it now, the problem should be tackled now.
In the past this community was not as big as it is now so fewer concerns regarding this and the expectation from the folks are not high. But with the sizes the community has grown now, if gmk cannot improve and catch up with the market expectation, then most likely the market will gradually give up gmk.

Offline ackzot

« Reply #514 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 11:19:21 »

I have Jamon and an older drop WoB that has very good quality space bars (no warp). And looking at other posts, I get it older sets could have warped space bars but quite a few pics also show non-warped bars. but if newer sets have consistently all warped bars (which i cannot confirm), that sounds like an issue. Granted, people without problems will not post, but would be nice if someone in 9009, cafe, etc had good space bars and would post a picture. If the quality range of GMK has moved in the direction of more warped space bars, that sounds like an issue.

i don't think it's an easy fix of just sending replacements. there may be more that needs to be done in their production. and i am waiting for the in-spec guidance which dixie said GMK is preparing. i do sympathize with the vendors cause they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Finally, GMK comes at a premium. like any business, shouldn't they strive for improvements? If gmk continues to make products for the hobby and the business has been increasing, why not make new molds to fix old legends? They seem ok to making molds for new keys/legends. Why not double check their manufacturing to improve quality when the community reports issues. GMK is not lego, but lego is amazing for making ABS bricks at such a high standard. Would be nice if GMK strove for the same quality (keyword being strove, not necessarily consistently deliver).
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2020, 11:22:01 by ackzot »

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #515 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 12:53:22 »

I have Jamon and an older drop WoB that has very good quality space bars (no warp). And looking at other posts, I get it older sets could have warped space bars but quite a few pics also show non-warped bars. but if newer sets have consistently all warped bars (which i cannot confirm), that sounds like an issue. Granted, people without problems will not post, but would be nice if someone in 9009, cafe, etc had good space bars and would post a picture. If the quality range of GMK has moved in the direction of more warped space bars, that sounds like an issue.

i don't think it's an easy fix of just sending replacements. there may be more that needs to be done in their production. and i am waiting for the in-spec guidance which dixie said GMK is preparing. i do sympathize with the vendors cause they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Finally, GMK comes at a premium. like any business, shouldn't they strive for improvements? If gmk continues to make products for the hobby and the business has been increasing, why not make new molds to fix old legends? They seem ok to making molds for new keys/legends. Why not double check their manufacturing to improve quality when the community reports issues. GMK is not lego, but lego is amazing for making ABS bricks at such a high standard. Would be nice if GMK strove for the same quality (keyword being strove, not necessarily consistently deliver).

I posted on the very recent GMK Phospherus thread that my space bar there had no problems. And I think it's a bit much that people are talking about Olivia in particular before it is even shipped.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #516 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 13:10:23 »
@puddsy

true olivetti (~2018)

Show Image

GMK TA (~2016)

Show Image

I'm talking about the spacebar issue.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #517 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 13:11:18 »

I posted on the very recent GMK Phospherus thread that my space bar there had no problems. And I think it's a bit much that people are talking about Olivia in particular before it is even shipped.

Olivia has shipped.

Offline endjy

« Reply #518 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 07:31:52 »
So I paid for them and wait for over half a year, and now you are telling me it has a defect. And I should not be angry with it??

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #519 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 08:01:23 »
Does it have a defect? Have you seen your product?

I haven’t got my set yet so I’ll wait until I see it. If you’re jumping to conclusions about your space bars before even receiving your set I think you need to take a step back and calm down for a second and see what happens.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #520 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 08:42:09 »
It has defects? I got mine weeks ago. Tho i was told these are extras. I haven't opened them yet, because i do plan to either sell them or trade to sealed Striker or 8008.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #521 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 17:31:12 »

Agree! Quality should be top gmk priority. That is why we like gmk. Price is really not what attracts it but obviously detracts.  Production time too. All in all, lately I feel that marketing is their first priority. Maybe gmk is not dealling with increased demand or smth? They are really easilly dealing with taking money. And where all the money goes? Why not new molds? I am super hyped with their response to these emerging questions hope it will be good one!
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 August 2020, 17:37:29 by Domantas »

Offline marineking

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 04:29:16 »
Any chance we can have an Olivia+++ or R3 any time soon ?

Desperately hoping it would happen soon-ish.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #523 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 05:20:07 »
Any chance we can have an Olivia+++ or R3 any time soon ?

Desperately hoping it would happen soon-ish.

Bro chill, extras haven't even gone on sale yet. Over a thousand extras were bought just keep track of all the vendors sites and this thread and you will surely get one.

Offline Shikada

« Reply #524 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 05:57:09 »
As long as you have people complaining very vocally about quality and people asking for more rounds/extras in the same thread, nothing will change :)
Hell even asking for updates in this thread will get you hate from fanboys/sheep consumers.

Also flippers don't care about warped space bars, and they are an ever growing part of this community. I expect none of these issues to be fixed any time soon.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #525 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 16:57:54 »
From Dixie mech update:

"We have been told that GMK is working on a spec sheet for us. Finally some progress."

What that suppose to mean. That doesn't sound like fixing spacebars... More like an excuse in progress

As long as you have people complaining very vocally about quality and people asking for more rounds/extras in the same thread, nothing will change :)
Hell even asking for updates in this thread will get you hate from fanboys/sheep consumers.

Also flippers don't care about warped space bars, and they are an ever growing part of this community. I expect none of these issues to be fixed any time soon.

Those who wait for extras and say that doesn't have keycaps, so they doesn't count because they can't check the quality right now
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:01:34 by Domantas »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:00:10 »
From Dixie mech update:

"We have been told that GMK is working on a spec sheet for us. Finally some progress."

What that suppose to mean. That doesn't sound like fixing spacebars... More like an excuse in progress

How about we wait and see what the spec sheet entails instead of immediately dismissing it with negativity?

Sounds like progress to me.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #527 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 17:04:25 »
From Dixie mech update:

How about we wait and see what the spec sheet entails instead of immediately dismissing it with negativity?

Sounds like progress to me.

but doesn't it sound like an excuse already: gmk - "here are the specs we wrote this mumbo jumbo which means we are up to quality, so people stop complaining." I also hope it won't be like that, but who knows, who knows. Unless they will show range of quality which is acceptable and not and will give a site where people could sent support ticket, then it would be great

First wanna comment this is greatly designed set. Also greatly and fastly delivered. But can't say same thing about production quality.

My 7u spacebar is noticabily warped and 6.25 a bit too. Is it possible to get a replacement of that key or at least 7u? I don't have board to test my 7u spacebar, because it didn't arrive, but it looks concerning - it is like 2mm tilt. Comparing to 8008 it is noticably warped: 8008 was last set with good spacebars. Stop misleading about gmk making keycaps like that, because a month ago they didn't.
Show Image
LINK TO PHOTOS/COMPARANCE: https://imgur.com/a/oZukCuE . I know that GMK replaced noticably warped, shifted legend as it was with oblivion r2. Please do the same GMK, we still hope you can do better, because 8008 was not bad talking about spacebars.

Can you post pics with the lights on please, I can't tell the difference because they are too dark.

Check again I updated it with comments. On yt there are some unboxing videos too of olivia++
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 08:07:53 by Domantas »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 10:03:10 »
Sets have been received. Shipping out sets for Olivia to check over today. Packaging and shipping will begin the first week of September.

Regarding spacebars - still talking to GMK. But from what I am gathering so far, the take away is that these will be within their tolerances. Again, the issue of spacebars having a slight warp to them has been around since at least Olivia R1 in our testing (that was the first GMK set we sold). From hiney's research, it has been there even before then. With testing some of the kits we have, there are some kits with very minor warping, and it has not impacted use or looks once mounted.

We are giving GMK feedback on this from what the customers are saying to hopefully push them to improve.

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 11:41:25 »
Sets have been received. Shipping out sets for Olivia to check over today. Packaging and shipping will begin the first week of September.

Regarding spacebars - still talking to GMK. But from what I am gathering so far, the take away is that these will be within their tolerances. Again, the issue of spacebars having a slight warp to them has been around since at least Olivia R1 in our testing (that was the first GMK set we sold). From hiney's research, it has been there even before then. With testing some of the kits we have, there are some kits with very minor warping, and it has not impacted use or looks once mounted.

We are giving GMK feedback on this from what the customers are saying to hopefully push them to improve.

Hi Mike, first of all I want to say thank you for what you do for the keyboard scene. We should be grateful to have you as one of the vendors.

I think people for the most part understand that warping is part of the injection molding process. That being said, at what point is something considered a defect? After looking over hineybush's pictures, I would be happy to have the minimal amount of warping that most of his 7u spacebars have. My concern is when it is worse than that(like when the degree of warping is comparable to epbt). If GMK releases a spec sheet that says 20 degrees of warp is within their tolerances, are we the consumers **** out of luck?

It definitely sucks for the new members who flooded the scene by watching TaehaTypes try to build their own custom and tune their mods, only to find that the spacebar rattles due to a warped spacebar that is within spec. I've already voted with my wallet by not joining GBs until GMK improves. But what about the ones I've already joined such as 9009, olvia++, bingsu? Do you believe the vendors have any responsibility in fixing the spacebars that warrant replacements? Or did we just join at a bad time and are the sacrificial lamb to GMK's scaling?

Also please take pictures of the sets you sent out to check.
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #530 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 11:57:10 »
Hi Mike, first of all I want to say thank you for what you do for the keyboard scene. We should be grateful to have you as one of the vendors.

I think people for the most part understand that warping is part of the injection molding process. That being said, at what point is something considered a defect? After looking over hineybush's pictures, I would be happy to have the minimal amount of warping that most of his 7u spacebars have. My concern is when it is worse than that(like when the degree of warping is comparable to epbt). If GMK releases a spec sheet that says 20 degrees of warp is within their tolerances, are we the consumers **** out of luck?

It definitely sucks for the new members who flooded the scene by watching TaehaTypes try to build their own custom and tune their mods, only to find that the spacebar rattles due to a warped spacebar that is within spec. I've already voted with my wallet by not joining GBs until GMK improves. But what about the ones I've already joined such as 9009, olvia++, bingsu? Do you believe the vendors have any responsibility in fixing the spacebars that warrant replacements? Or did we just join at a bad time and are the sacrificial lamb to GMK's scaling?

We have to wait on GMK to release official specs. I can't really say anything past that.

Regarding replacements - if there are keycaps that end up being out of spec from GMK's sheet, that would warrant a replacement.

Quick edit: pictures - They are already in route to Olivia. I can ask her to take some pictures. We also have pictures from GMK. Here are two that they sent me.

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:00:57 by mgsickler »

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #531 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:03:28 »
Thank you for the quick reponse. If those are the spacebars i'll receive, you will not hear another peep from me. Fingers crossed

edit: I would still like to see pictures of olivia's set to confirm.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:11:55 by 3ambutter »
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:11:01 »
oops
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2020, 15:06:24 by Kokaloo »

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:41:19 »

We have to wait on GMK to release official specs. I can't really say anything past that.

Regarding replacements - if there are keycaps that end up being out of spec from GMK's sheet, that would warrant a replacement.

Quick edit: pictures - They are already in route to Olivia. I can ask her to take some pictures. We also have pictures from GMK. Here are two that they sent me.

Show Image

Show Image

It is time that customers, vendors and designers have a talk with GMK and finalize the specs. Without specs, you cannot say its acceptable or not acceptable and community is left fighting with eachother. How much warp is acceptable and what is the solution when spacebar is out of spec needs to be agreed upon

Offline Cujo96

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 19:18:02 »
Instead of complaining about how a spacebar looks on a flat surface, mount the damn thing and see if it effects your typing experience, it's really that simple.

Offline are2dcrz

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 22:52:27 »
Instead of complaining about how a spacebar looks on a flat surface, mount the damn thing and see if it effects your typing experience, it's really that simple.

facts.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #536 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 13:50:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for moving things up.

Nice angle gmk chose chacha. I would suggest them to make flat surface, side profile photo. The best test so far is to make side photo of spacebar and emit light from back - then you can obviously see if it warped - if light comes through it is warped if not - it is not.

The main thing is that for example I have three gmk sets: wob (from 2019), 8008 and olivia++. Comparing those threes the newer it is the more warped it is. Gmk wob is perfect - not even a half mm of warp. 8008 has slight warp but it is not that noticable. Olivia++ ones though are bare eye visible. So now we can agree gmk quality changed. I have 7u which is really warped and I can't even test that because I still don't have 7u board and just now join 7u gbs (an answer for those suggesting to test on board). I see it obviously warped. Even showed to other folks irl asking "everything right with this spacebar?" and they said "i think it is warped".
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 August 2020, 22:37:05 by Domantas »

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 03:40:04 »

facts.

GMKs whole thing was premium price for a premium product. That doesn't really add up when the product starts having defects and imperfections. Whether or not it mounts fine is kind of irrelevant.

That being said, the bars Mike posted look fine imo, well within what I think most would consider acceptable standards. That seems to be a bit different from some of the others ones we've seen though.

All we can do now is wait for the rest of the sets to go out, and hope it's relatively isolated. Also wait for a spec sheet from GMK.

Offline Cujo96

« Reply #538 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 03:47:04 »

facts.

GMKs whole thing was premium price for a premium product. That doesn't really add up when the product starts having defects and imperfections. Whether or not it mounts fine is kind of irrelevant.

That being said, the bars Mike posted look fine imo, well within what I think most would consider acceptable standards. That seems to be a bit different from some of the others ones we've seen though.

All we can do now is wait for the rest of the sets to go out, and hope it's relatively isolated. Also wait for a spec sheet from GMK.
if you think you're not getting a premium product because there's a few out of the hundreds of orders that are bowed more than 2mm, you're not the type of customer I'd want to deal with at work. That's how injection molding is, and it's something that everyone is going to have to get over.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 05:26:21 »

facts.

if you think you're not getting a premium product because there's a few out of the hundreds of orders that are bowed more than 2mm, you're not the type of customer I'd want to deal with at work. That's how injection molding is, and it's something that everyone is going to have to get over.
I guess the point is whether it is really only ''a few out of hundreds'' or not. You see more and more people coming out claiming the fact that they got gmk keycaps with defect. Reasonable enough for one to assume the quality control is declining, isn't it?
By the way, either you are the kind of customer that keen on putting yourself in businessman's shoes(but not the customers) or none of my business since I am not the victim, I will be very happy to deal with at work since I don't need to improve anything.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 06:24:23 »
Orders are starting to ship out today. They are not going to be shipped in order that they were received, but in groups of what was ordered. For instance, today, most Olivia++ Light Base only, will be shipping.

Please bear with us, as there are a lot of orders.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #541 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 06:55:54 »
Does anyone know when DailyClack would ship this? Seems like they always ship products late...
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline 002_GT

• KR Boards OP
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 07:09:52 »
Does anyone know when DailyClack would ship this? Seems like they always ship products late...

Daily clack just went through a warehouse move so try to be a little more patient
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2020, 07:14:48 by 002_GT »

Offline phabulous

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 07:16:27 »

Received mine from Daily Clack last Wednesday and the banner on the front page of their website says they are shipping it now.

Offline stevenT

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 08:55:09 »

I guess the point is whether it is really only ''a few out of hundreds'' or not. You see more and more people coming out claiming the fact that they got gmk keycaps with defect. Reasonable enough for one to assume the quality control is declining, isn't it?
By the way, either you are the kind of customer that keen on putting yourself in businessman's shoes(but not the customers) or none of my business since I am not the victim, I will be very happy to deal with at work since I don't need to improve anything.

+1

Offline Domantas

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 10:22:23 »

facts.

I like you. Lately there are people who are so into businessman's shoes in a way that it is getting strange. Vendors don't even defend anything, they just try to talk, but some random people literally searching for excuses to gmk be lazy
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2020, 10:27:40 by Domantas »

Offline tngpq

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 11:25:16 »

facts.

2mm is out of the specification limit for most if not all customers. Obviously, GMK has set their control limit way outside of the specification limit for these to slip. That's by definition terrible QC. Do you work for GMK? I can't think of any other rational of you coming to their defense.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:38:15 »
So reading through all this my takeaway is that if our spacebars are badly warped it's within spec and we're SoL?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:40:18 »
So reading through all this my takeaway is that if our spacebars are badly warped it's within spec and we're SoL?

Yup, better get ready to sell me your set at retail.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #549 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 09:42:31 »

Yup, better get ready to sell me your set at retail.

That's fine. If mine are warped and you want to take it off my hands for GB price + shipping Im cool with it.