Author Topic: Nostalgia theme  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Nostalgia theme
« on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 00:59:22 »
I like the nostalgia theme the best...out of what's offered. Overall, I like dark screens, so that's why it works for me. I guess I would like the orange to be somewhat muted, it certainly screams off the black a bit harshly though.

It seems the sub forum pages with the threads listed is a bit hard to read.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Re: Nostalgia theme
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 23:24:31 »
Yeah... any way we can make this the default? Its much better than the current default. I always wonder whether my posts are readable on it both due to the difference in color and SMF being a bit more difficult to work with when we have text being copied as formatted rather than unformatted.

Just some input. :P

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 01:01:54 »
I much prefer the new theme :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 10:30:33 »
Nostalgia for me too, almost immediately after GH came back up, since I don't frequent DT, I like the dark colors.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 11:05:55 »
The Oranje and Thoriated themes are all closely based on the default SMF theme and were meant to be temporary.  I made the Nostalgia theme to make the site feel more like home after all of the turmoil of break-in and drama that preceded it.  A brand new theme was in the works, but was set aside when we realized the amount of work that SMF needed just to stabilize it and get the features that were being requested.  We'll probably get back to it at some point.  The current stats:

Thoriated: 18245 users (well, it's the default)
Oranje: 17 users (really?!?!)
Nostalgia: 199 users
Russ