Author Topic: Clear Kailh Box Swithes... Where Can I find Keycaps that fit those switches?  (Read 24644 times)

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
Hello guys!

I will order Kailh Clear Box Switches and I wonder if someone knows if normal Cherry MX PBT keycaps will with those or do I need some special keycaps?

Thanks for the help in advance!
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 14:44:10 by FLawLesS »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Nope, regular mx stem key caps will fit - they just go inside the box.
-Dana

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】

Will those https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-ice-cap-keyset/ keycaps fit the switches you say? :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

Will those https://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-ice-cap-keyset/ keycaps fit the switches you say? :)

ANY standard caps will fit. The only stuff that doesn’t fit the box stem is like odd rectangle stem artisans and such.

So yes, that should work fine.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild

Any keycap that has the normal round post and + design - (*caveat would be some vintage typewriter maybe) - will fit inside the box switches. That would include all modern 'mx' caps from SP(signature plastics), GMK, Tai hao, Ducky, etc etc.

This might make more sense:

-Dana

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
This switch kind of exaggerates what they did... this would be kind of dumb because the caps could be slightly thicker and then they wouldn't work in this style post... but the Kailh is a wide open square around the normal "cherry mx stem"

-Dana

Offline sHOTTA

• <3
This switch kind of exaggerates what they did... this would be kind of dumb because the caps could be slightly thicker and then they wouldn't work in this style post... but the Kailh is a wide open square around the normal "cherry mx stem"

Show Image

I dont understand either.. They said it was suppose to protect your board from spills etc..
Looking for : Jelly Key USA Flag. Shoot me  PM<3

Offline Kevadu

I dont understand either.. They said it was suppose to protect your board from spills etc..

That has nothing to do with the slider.  That's referring to the internals of the switch.  The way the contacts work is different from a standard MX switch.

I feel like the box on the slider is mostly to make them look more distinctive, though it can at a little bit of stability to your keys as well.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Hmmmm I'm pretty sure it's partially to help stopping dust or liquid from getting in.  But yes as a by product it also help to reduce wobble.

As for keycaps, so far I've tried OEM, Cherry profile, and I heard DSA and SA all works on box switches.

So for the most part you'll most likely be ok.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Hmmmm I'm pretty sure it's partially to help stopping dust or liquid from getting in.  But yes as a by product it also help to reduce wobble.

As for keycaps, so far I've tried OEM, Cherry profile, and I heard DSA and SA all works on box switches.

So for the most part you'll most likely be ok.

correct on all counts
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90