Author Topic: Gameboy Polycarb  (Read 1010 times)

Offline fuzewall

Gameboy Polycarb
« on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 22:20:40 »
So, one of the keebs that got me into custom keebs was the NK65 in polycarb purple. I really like the aesthetic in that it reminds me of my first console, the Gameboy Color, and the general feel of the 90's / early 2000s when a lot of products came in that polycarbonate purple and you could see the guts of what you were using.
But for the life of me i can't find any cases in polycarbonate purple or even prebuilts with it, that i could salvage it from.

Has anyone come across one not in a group buy?

Much appreciated.

Re: Gameboy Polycarb
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 23:30:23 »
Keep your eyes open on r/mechmarket. They come around every so often but are much more rare then the newly released colorways atm unfortunately. Just make sure you don't pay too much or pay only what you're willing (a good price is about 140-160 right now for the purple), the scalpers love NK65s. Also NovelKeys is supposed to have another NK65 Entry edition drop in November if their delays get resolved but again the purple has not been confirmed yet for this drop. I too LOVE that aethetic, really anything transparent lol it's the ultimate nostalgia for me and I also love NK65 and have every transparent colorway of the entry edition. They really are great keyboard for the price!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Gameboy Polycarb
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 07:36:36 »
I was going to say that as well ^
NovelKeys_ has said that would be one of the primary versions that would be held in stock, of course once stocking the Entry's can be leveled off to where it would be in continuous stock.  I want one as well, and loving the RandonFrankP edition as well (hoping I can order one, if budget allows).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D