Author Topic: HHKB Professional Hybrid review  (Read 3486 times)

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
HHKB Professional Hybrid review
« on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 21:56:50 »
Here is my comprehensive review of the HHKB Professional Hybrid - including a brief history of the HHKB, comparisons between the Pro 2 and Pro 3, recommendations on Topre modifications, and more!

As always, please feel free to let me know if this was helpful or if I missed anything!

Review Link - https://materialjournal.com/blog/hhkb-hybrid-review

Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.

Offline Sniping

Re: HHKB Professional Hybrid review
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 01:07:27 »
nice site! what'd you build it with? to me, this new hhkb is great. i have the hhkb bt and the bt functionality is just subpar compared to this. the effortless device switching and small feature improvements are definitely what give the board the refined experience that you'd expect for the $300 price tag.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 08:07:16 »
nice site! what'd you build it with? to me, this new hhkb is great. i have the hhkb bt and the bt functionality is just subpar compared to this. the effortless device switching and small feature improvements are definitely what give the board the refined experience that you'd expect for the $300 price tag.
According to the Head of the HTML code it seems to be made with squarespace. All new members can use code Signature2021 for...  :))
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 03:31:04 »

Thank you! It is hosted on Squarespace, as Signature mentioned above.

I was actually about to pull the trigger on an HHKB BT right before I went for the Hybrid. The main thing that stopped me was the lack of a wired mode if I needed it. That said, the HHKB BT and Pro 2 both do seem to be pretty good deals secondhand at the moment!
Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.