Author Topic: Kinda newish to Mechs, Brand new to GH!  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
Kinda newish to Mechs, Brand new to GH!
« on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:57:11 »
Hey there, my name is Emilie :D I'm newly obsessed with mechs. My first mech was a year and a half ago, a CM Storm QF Rapid. Before that I was using a Saitek Eclipse II... mainly got that because it had pink LED's haha. Prior to that, I went through about 3 Logitech G15's that would die after just a year. And before that, some crappy cheap multimedia keyboards and stuff. I finally decided to acsend to the mech level when my Saitek died.. so glad I did.

I went with blue switches, because I love the sound of keys. So I've been happy with my QFR since then, until two months ago. I've been doing some stuff that really requires a numpad.. so I decided to look into getting a new board that wasn't a TKL. I guess I could have just got a separate numpad.. but a new board sounded more fun ;) I ended up going with a Ducky Shine 4 with blues. I know some people don't like the look of LEDs, or think it looks "cheap", but I still like them! Depending on my mood, I'll have them on or off, I like being able to do that. The responsive LED modes are my favorite :)

As soon as I got my Ducky, and saw all the pictures of people's custom boards and mods.. I knew I had to get some new keycaps. For the Ducky, I went with the Vortex white PBT+POM caps, and for my QFR I went with the GK blank rainbow PBT's. I also ended up getting a set of WASD and arrow zinc keys for the Ducky too, and I love how it looks!

I really really REALLY am dying for some Artisans... I was able to grab a bunch from Hot Key's in the August sale.. although I now regret not getting the red and white gasmasks.. I can't wait to get the Ravens and Warmasters :D Also waiting on some custom USB cables from Mimic.

On my wishlist now... a nice 60% board, although I actually really like the 84-key layouts A LOT. I originally wanted to get a nopoo choc mini that was wireless. I'm disabled and am constantly moving from my desk to my bed to elevate my bad leg, and I HATE wires when I'm laying in the bed. Have a wireless mouse and headset for when I'm laying down, but really want a wireless mech... someday :)

It's nice to meet you all! I'm hoping eventually I can learn to solder and stuff myself, to make me a custom build or something :D Here's some random pictures of my boards... The quality is awful because all I have is my iPad to take pictures with.

This is my whole setup right now, I still need to get rid of this 1970's wallpaper though.. really bad.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline raymogi

Re: Kinda newish to Mechs, Brand new to GH!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:01:09 »
Welcome!

Oh, nice setup you got there. I wanted to do that but I ran out of table space. Instead of buying a 2nd ROG Swift, I bought a 34" curved screen and there's already a 24" next to it for my PS4.

I'm gonna show the wife the beauty of multi monitor setup so she agrees with me and let me spend more :D
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:04:54 »
Welcome!

Oh, nice setup you got there. I wanted to do that but I ran out of table space. Instead of buying a 2nd ROG Swift, I bought a 34" curved screen and there's already a 24" next to it for my PS4.

I'm gonna show the wife the beauty of multi monitor setup so she agrees with me and let me spend more :D

Bahaha, I could never go back to a single monitor setup again. Not even with an ultrawide! Gotta have at least one more on the side ;) I'm jealous of your Swift. I have one 144hz monitor, and then one 1440p monitor.. but really want one single 1440p 144hz one, and g-sync.. God I wan't g-sync! I also am planning to replace my 1080p 50" TV with a  4k 40" as soon as I can save up all that money for it! I never understood the 4k hype until I house-sat for my sister last month and fell in love with her new 4k Samsung.. it was just beautiful. Now I need one!

But then I also want to set aside as much money as possible to try and get me some more Artisans... I want a pink Bro SO BAD haha. One day :)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:10:18 »
Yeah I was an avid gamer as early as the beginning of this year. Then marriage happened, wifey got pregnant, and I stumbled upon this forum. All my gaming gears are pretty much useless now. I put my Swift back in its box again. Threw away all those "gaming" keyboard and got myself a lot of HHKBs. ALl I do these days is refreshing Reddit and GH.

And yeah, while 4K is nice, prioritize on artisan first. I spent so much already on keyboards and artisans it's not funny. Once you get one, you'll want another one and it will never stop.

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:18:09 »
I feel like you should post this on r/battlestations, the LEDs look dope!

Offline Syribo

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:20:28 »
Ya know, I did back a while ago. Didn't actually get many comments or anything haha. I figured it's the wallpaper that kills it. Our house is about 90 years old, and this bedroom REALLY needs to be renovated. But I physically can't do it alone, and tearing down wallpaper and fixing the walls would be a good amount of work I think. I love the LED's, just like on the keyboard ;) They may be "gaudy" to some people who really like a minimal look, but they're awesome at night. I love being able to have the overhead light off, and just have the nice glow from the LED's. Plus, I apparently like gaudy things. The headboard on my bed has gemstones and rhinestones on it haha :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:33:05 »
Welcome!  I personally love your setup, wallpaper, and LED's!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:48:39 »
your wallpaper is cool (on your walls, not your pc)

all those screens are over whelming tho.

also, +1 on mimic cables.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:53:15 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:00:53 »
your wallpaper is cool (on your walls, not your pc)

all those screens are over whelming tho.

also, +1 on mimic cables.
It was a bit overwhelming for me too at first haha. A year ago today, I had a single 27" monitor with a little 15" as a secondary, and my 8 year old 32" TV. Then over the next few months I was able to upgrade to the triple 27"s and a new 50" TV. The sad thing is that I use all of them! Generally I'll have a stream or my friends screen share on the TV, the portrait monitor is for reading chats, messenger programs, etc. The 1440p one is my main gaming monitor, and the other 1080p one is for general web browsing. Although I also use the TV to play games from my bed a lot, I have my bed directly behind my chair :D

I'm excited for my Mimic cables! I got a black and white one for the Ducky, and one in Birthday Cake to go with the rainbow caps on my QFR. I think I ordered back on August 13th... haven't heard anything yet, I hope I get them soon :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:17:05 »
i tried having a tv over my desk (though not as big, i think it was 32") and it didn't work out. it was either too high or im too short :(. the idea was cool, sadly it didn't work for me. i've actually learned to love just a single monitor. i like the simplicity of it, that and i dont really need more tbh. though i would like to have something better than this 7 year old 22".

all my cables are from mimic! from audio to regular usb. guy does a great job, choice of colors is wonderful the red being my favorite. but i usually let him pick w.e he wants. sometimes he does get backed up a bit. but he's on here if you want to talk to him. he's tjcaustin, shoot him a pm.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:43:20 »
Welcome to geekhack now your down the rabbit hole make sure not to lose all your money

Hope you enjoy your stay also it might be worth having a quick look into Hasu's Bluetooth controller for HHKB's not sure on other wireless mech keyboards :x

As for artisans just keep a eye out as they usually go on sale every few months but they are hard to get so don't be upset if you get nothing your first try or even sixth try :x

Anyway have enjoy your stay.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Syribo

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 02:59:47 »
i tried having a tv over my desk (though not as big, i think it was 32") and it didn't work out. it was either too high or im too short :(. the idea was cool, sadly it didn't work for me. i've actually learned to love just a single monitor. i like the simplicity of it, that and i dont really need more tbh. though i would like to have something better than this 7 year old 22".

all my cables are from mimic! from audio to regular usb. guy does a great job, choice of colors is wonderful the red being my favorite. but i usually let him pick w.e he wants. sometimes he does get backed up a bit. but he's on here if you want to talk to him. he's tjcaustin, shoot him a pm.

Oh I can totally see how a single monitor is completely perfect for many people :) I just keep SO much crap open at the same time, it's ridiculous.  The TV can be kinda annoying when I'm sitting at my desk and looking up.. but I'm 6'1" so I'm pretty tall, especially as far as females go. I do still need to mount my TV on the wall, I have the mount but never did it yet. Being able to tilt it down will help a ton.

I really can't wait to get the cables! I thought I sent him a message before but don't see it in my sent box now.. I don't know if it definitely went through or not haha. I knew the TAT would be a bit long since so many people seem to have ordered lately :) And I'm patient! Oh but I can't wait to see how pretty they look with my boards ;)

Offline Syribo

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 03:04:10 »
Welcome to geekhack now your down the rabbit hole make sure not to lose all your money

Hope you enjoy your stay also it might be worth having a quick look into Hasu's Bluetooth controller for HHKB's not sure on other wireless mech keyboards :x

As for artisans just keep a eye out as they usually go on sale every few months but they are hard to get so don't be upset if you get nothing your first try or even sixth try :x

Haha I know, my money is going to be completely gone! I already fell into the rabbit hole of the coffee world, thanks to Reddit and the coffee sub... and I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on coffee and gear since getting into that. I see this is going to empty my wallet as well :P Especially with artisans!

I am sooo excited for my Hot Keys ahh, I am so glad I saw that August sale and was able to grab a bunch of them :D Now if I could only get lucky enough for some Bro's..... God I want a pink Bro SO BAD THAT I CAN'T TAKE IT!! One day... one day! I will get lucky enough haha, or win the lottery ;)

Also, I am really in love with people's custom keyboards. I think my favorite ones I've seen so far are the b.face's. Oh man.. I want a pink b.face with pink LED's... so pretty :) I need to learn how to solder and stuff eventually. It looks... scary.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 03:46:00 »

Haha I know, my money is going to be completely gone! I already fell into the rabbit hole of the coffee world, thanks to Reddit and the coffee sub... and I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on coffee and gear since getting into that. I see this is going to empty my wallet as well :P Especially with artisans!

I am sooo excited for my Hot Keys ahh, I am so glad I saw that August sale and was able to grab a bunch of them :D Now if I could only get lucky enough for some Bro's..... God I want a pink Bro SO BAD THAT I CAN'T TAKE IT!! One day... one day! I will get lucky enough haha, or win the lottery ;)

Also, I am really in love with people's custom keyboards. I think my favorite ones I've seen so far are the b.face's. Oh man.. I want a pink b.face with pink LED's... so pretty :) I need to learn how to solder and stuff eventually. It looks... scary.
Best not look in the post your Korean keyboard thread as lots of those are "Woah"
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 04:28:00 »
Best not look in the post your Korean keyboard thread as lots of those are "Woah"

Yeah, that thread is rather dangerous to your bank account. 

Bro has a sale coming up soon, I believe.  Make sure to keep checking his official sale thread here.  Oh, and welcome to the site. :)

Offline Syribo

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:19:45 »

Oh I've seen a few custom keyboards that were about $400+ and.. I want them :'( I seriously just REALLY want a pink keyboard, and some pink Artisans of some kind. That one limited edition pink Ducky Shine that they had, I wish I had somehow gotten one. That thing is so pretty. But man.. these pink b.face's I keep seeing...... I need one. I need it so bad.

Bro has a sale coming up soon, I believe.  Make sure to keep checking his official sale thread here.  Oh, and welcome to the site. :)

I keep checking the Bro threads every single day. If I miss a chance at grabbing some, I would hate myself haha. I have notoriously bad luck, so in any kind of lottery style sale... I'm probably SOL. But hey, ya never know! (And here's to hoping all the Artisan's out there make a bunch of pink ones soon ;) )

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:35:26 »
I love the lighting. I did something similar before my desk moved to a fully windowed corner, but you did it much better!

Welcome to GH  :D

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Syribo

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:54:00 »
I love the lighting. I did something similar before my desk moved to a fully windowed corner, but you did it much better!

Welcome to GH  :D
It really is neat! I got the idea originally from seeing all the battlestations on that subreddit, and wanted to try it. Actually, my setup has come a LONG way in the last year. This was my setup a year ago:

I wrote in my intro post that I'm disabled, so for the last ~9 years, I had my computer setup next to my bed so I can lay down and have my bad leg elevated. But I completely screwed up my back from the constant laying down. I have a ridiculous amount of messed up discs now, and have had three spinal cord stimulator implants/removals, so I really needed to try and get myself a real desk and a decent chair. I went with a DXRacer because they actually did seem to get pretty good reviews. I was afraid I was getting a "ricer" chair that would suck, but it's a pretty damn good chair, I must say!

It's much better having a real workstation now :) I have some cushions I put on my subwoofer under the desk, and elevate my leg on that now instead :D

Offline raymogi

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:03:59 »
Yeah I give that chair a try at the store and I'm really impressed of how it feels. Sure it looks rice but the body hugging aspect of it is really nice. Makes you seat in the proper position.

Can't imagine how your setup is going to look like next year at this rate :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:49:23 »

Oh I've seen a few custom keyboards that were about $400+ and.. I want them :'( I seriously just REALLY want a pink keyboard, and some pink Artisans of some kind. That one limited edition pink Ducky Shine that they had, I wish I had somehow gotten one. That thing is so pretty. But man.. these pink b.face's I keep seeing...... I need one. I need it so bad.

I keep checking the Bro threads every single day. If I miss a chance at grabbing some, I would hate myself haha. I have notoriously bad luck, so in any kind of lottery style sale... I'm probably SOL. But hey, ya never know! (And here's to hoping all the Artisan's out there make a bunch of pink ones soon ;) )
Pink brocaps you say, Korean customs you say well you best not find out about a lovely man named bunnylake and his pink brocaps and Kustoms =p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline seville57

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 12:43:53 »

Welcome to GH.

I have a ISO White Ducky Shine 2 k-board with pink keycaps and you can get a pink ANSI keycaps set here: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1163
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 12:49:15 by seville57 »

Offline Syribo

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 20:42:37 »

Welcome to GH.

I have a ISO White Ducky Shine 2 k-board with pink keycaps and you can get a pink ANSI keycaps set here: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1163
I totally want to get those pink keycaps at some point, but I REALLY want that Shine that had the pink casing on it, it was such a pretty pink :) Maybe one day I can get the hang of the whole modding thing, and mod my QFR or something, and paint it pink!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 18:56:50 »
Nice setup, I like the pink colors and stuff.

Welcome to GH

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 19:50:41 »
welcome

holy **** your battlestation is nuts. all i can say is nice things, but i don't know where to start
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 06:01:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thread here to post pictures of your awesome setup - the pink and purple is going to excite a lot of people around here!

Rainbow PBT?  Haven't heard of those before, only rainbow POM.  Anything new ... :D

Ducky Shine pink keycaps here.

Nothing wrong with LEDs in keyboards, five of mine had LEDs - two with red LEDs, one with green, one with yellow (although they look orange to me) and this CODE with white.

OH, and coffee thread here.

Enjoy your stay ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Syribo

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 23:57:12 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thread here to post pictures of your awesome setup - the pink and purple is going to excite a lot of people around here!

Rainbow PBT?  Haven't heard of those before, only rainbow POM.  Anything new ... :D

Ducky Shine pink keycaps here.

Nothing wrong with LEDs in keyboards, five of mine had LEDs - two with red LEDs, one with green, one with yellow (although they look orange to me) and this CODE with white.

OH, and coffee thread here.

Enjoy your stay ;)
The rainbow PBT ones are from Geek Keys :) They are SO pretty and feel great too!
http://www.geekkeys.com/geekkeys-rainbow-blank-thick-pbt-full-keyset/

Oh and I never noticed that thread before for desk setups! Totally posted in it :D

I'm glad there are other people that like LEDs haha. It seems there's some that love them, and some that think they look awful. We're all different, of course, so it's expected :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 00:03:19 »
I see a Logitech Z-5500 speaker setup.  Amazing bang for the buck on those.  I have had mine going on 6 years or so.  Spent some time hooked up to my pc.  When we moved into a previous house our office was little more than a large walk in closet off our sons bedroom.  We moved into that house when he was only a few months old so it wasn't woerd or anything.  But I never really got to let them stretch, so I moved them to the living room. 

Our current house doesn't have enough room for where I would put the sub, so they are one of 3 systems I have hooked up in the garage right now.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Syribo

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 00:07:19 »
I see a Logitech Z-5500 speaker setup.  Amazing bang for the buck on those.  I have had mine going on 6 years or so.  Spent some time hooked up to my pc.  When we moved into a previous house our office was little more than a large walk in closet off our sons bedroom.  We moved into that house when he was only a few months old so it wasn't woerd or anything.  But I never really got to let them stretch, so I moved them to the living room. 

Our current house doesn't have enough room for where I would put the sub, so they are one of 3 systems I have hooked up in the garage right now.

Yes! I LOVE these speakers, honestly. I think I got them for about $250 back in ~2008 or so. They were so worth the money, and aged really well. They're great for video games, good for movies and I think they're pretty decent even for music. The sub is pretty powerful too. I have never felt the need to upgrade yet :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 05:56:59 »
The rainbow PBT ones are from Geek Keys :) They are SO pretty and feel great too!
http://www.geekkeys.com/geekkeys-rainbow-blank-thick-pbt-full-keyset/

Oh and I never noticed that thread before for desk setups! Totally posted in it :D

I'm glad there are other people that like LEDs haha. It seems there's some that love them, and some that think they look awful. We're all different, of course, so it's expected :)

Thanks for the link :)  First I've heard of PBT rainbow keycaps.  Most PBT feels great, nice texture, plus they'll last you for years!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 13:26:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is my whole setup right now, I still need to get rid of this 1970's wallpaper though.. really bad.
Show Image

Used to have the Logitech Z5500 speakers. Really good all in one set. You should look into getting a receiver and some nice passive speakers.

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 14:45:35 »
Welcome!

Cool to see your setup and your custom keyboards with all the pretty colors. I'm definitely looking into splashing some more colors onto my boards just to spruce it up. Your QFR reminds me of the Keycool Rainbow Keyboard over at MD right now but I have maxed out my Fun Stuff Spending Money for the month so I'll just have to get around to getting something else or waiting for it again next go round. Oh well!  :'(

I agree about the multiple screens. I only have two and they're different from each other but I can't go back to a single monitor if I can help it. It's just easier to have one as like the streaming/youtube/netflix one and the other to do the work in. It's very cramped on my desk so when I move in with my girlfriend next summer, I'm definitely upgrading my desk space so I have a place to showcase all the boards.

Do you switch off between the keyboards often? What do you do with your keyboards?
So fancy!

Offline Syribo

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 19:21:36 »
Welcome!

Cool to see your setup and your custom keyboards with all the pretty colors. I'm definitely looking into splashing some more colors onto my boards just to spruce it up. Your QFR reminds me of the Keycool Rainbow Keyboard over at MD right now but I have maxed out my Fun Stuff Spending Money for the month so I'll just have to get around to getting something else or waiting for it again next go round. Oh well!  :'(

I agree about the multiple screens. I only have two and they're different from each other but I can't go back to a single monitor if I can help it. It's just easier to have one as like the streaming/youtube/netflix one and the other to do the work in. It's very cramped on my desk so when I move in with my girlfriend next summer, I'm definitely upgrading my desk space so I have a place to showcase all the boards.

Do you switch off between the keyboards often? What do you do with your keyboards?
I was looking at that Keycool rainbow keyboard for a while.. but figured hey, why not just get rainbow keycaps? It's cheaper and I can use them on any keyboard anyway :)

I use the boards in two different spots. I have my Ducky Shine 4 for when I'm actually sitting here at my desk. The QFR I have on my bed, which is right behind the PC, to use when I'm laying in bed watching stuff or playing a game. No more having to carry keyboards across the room when I wanna lay down haha. And I got the wireless Logitech G602 for the same reason. No wires to deal with when switching places :) For me, I had to set up everything this way. I'm a cripple, and I constantly have to switch from sitting to laying down and elevating my gimp leg. So my setup is perfect for that :D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 06:10:29 »
Welcome to GH! :) that monitor display must be amazing for gaming! I'm jealous hehe

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 09:39:45 »

I was just about to say this, makes my desk look pretty crappy in comparison  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)