Author Topic: [IC] DSA Baby  (Read 4614 times)

Offline jeperstone

[IC] DSA Baby
« on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:04:28 »
Hey everyone, this is my first time designing a keyset. I got the idea from the commonly used color themes in baby showers.

Color codes used (from SP ABS swatches) are:
Blue - BFN
Pink - RCS

172933-0

Let me know if you have comments or suggestions! Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:06:16 by jeperstone »

Offline Tiramisuu

Re: [IC] DSA Baby
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:22:20 »
Except for the lettering you could probably get those effects with rit dye and white pbt dsa.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:49:43 »
Hey everyone, this is my first time designing a keyset. I got the idea from the commonly used color themes in baby showers.

Color codes used (from SP ABS swatches) are:
Blue - BFN
Pink - RCS

(Attachment Link)

Let me know if you have comments or suggestions! Thanks!

I feel like the blue is too dark / saturated for the baby theme, something more pastel would match better... that said, I don't think it looks bad. Just more makes me think cotton candy than baby :D

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:58:13 »
I think the blue/pink colourway has been pretty well covered by Miami and the many variants on it. I recall a blue alpha/pink mods version on Massdrop which might have been Tai Hao or NPKC (can't find it anymore for reference) being run recently. The colour combo is okay, but it would be nice to see something in distinctly different colours to what has been run recently with other vendors/profiles.
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline minimeanie

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 11:55:10 »
I feel like the blue is too dark / saturated for the baby theme, something more pastel would match better... that said, I don't think it looks bad. Just more makes me think cotton candy than baby :D

I agree, the blue is a bit too dark, would be nicer if it could be lighter/more pastel. but otherwise it's a really cute set and I would totally love to get my hands on it if it becomes a reality! Maybe you might want to see how it looks with BFQ ABS swatch? :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:05:50 by minimeanie »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:24:34 »
I think the blue/pink colourway has been pretty well covered by Miami and the many variants on it. I recall a blue alpha/pink mods version on Massdrop which might have been Tai Hao or NPKC (can't find it anymore for reference) being run recently. The colour combo is okay, but it would be nice to see something in distinctly different colours to what has been run recently with other vendors/profiles.

I get what you are saying. But magenta and cyan ARE NOT the same colors as Blue and Pink.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 18:10:47 »

I get what you are saying. But magenta and cyan ARE NOT the same colors as Blue and Pink.

I didn't say anything about cyan and magenta though? If you're referring to Laser GMK, that is a distinctly different set with a really strong theme.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 20:42:32 »

I didn't say anything about cyan and magenta though? If you're referring to Laser GMK, that is a distinctly different set with a really strong theme.

You literally mentioned the cyan and magenta set. IE Miami:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 22:16:41 »

Show Image

Ohhhh you mean blue and pink? Yeah ;)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
[IC] DSA Baby
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 23:23:05 »

Show Image

Ohhhh you mean blue and pink? Yeah ;)

You poor color blind typist. 🤡