Author Topic: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [GB approved]  (Read 65586 times)

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [Awaiting GB approval]
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 18:51:43 »
Key thing for orders is getting the rest of the community to buy. Us lunatics valued members in this thread have our orders in. We just need another hundred.

100% it won't be a problem nowadays - everything has been hitting MOQ for the past like 6 months, including unintentionally bad sets. An intentionally terrible set with a little bit of history behind it, I'd be surprised it MOQ hasn't already been met a day in.

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [re-open interesting check to find good timing]
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 21:55:37 »
Please kill this. There’s no way this set should take up a spot in any vendors lineup with it as competitive as it’s gotten this year.

What the **** kind of attitude is that? You are not in a position to decide which sets are "worthy" of being ran. No one is. If it's not meant to be, then it won't hit moq, just like last time, but you don't get to dictate it's very existence. Should we all go to threads we're not interested in and state "lol kill this"? Get off it, yikes.

I'm in, let's make this puppy a reality 😍

Obviously I don't have any power over anything. But I have an opinion worthy of posting just like everyone else. And it is kind of a big deal of a set doesn't reach MOQ. Vendors lose money and a lot of time. Its not just an "Oh well, we tried". And the fact that it did fail the first time shows that it most likely wasn't meant to be, by your words.

I believe that secondary factors influenced the success of the first round. Additionally, improvements to the kit structure have been made.

Are there any other impact we're missing other than wasted time/money by a vendor? Because if that's the case then the only people who are in a position to say this should be cancelled are the vendors offering up their time and money.

I do agree with that. Funny that Krelbit literally agreed with me and he's the one of the vendors running it lol

I also, had no idea this was actually going to GB when I posted the comment I posted. I just replied from the front page thinking it was just another meme IC. I would have never said that if I had known it was actually scheduled. I will never root for something to fail. Oversight on my part for not reading all the comments before posting.

Key thing for orders is getting the rest of the community to buy. Us lunatics valued members in this thread have our orders in. We just need another hundred.

First of all, hey, hi. I don't think any vendors wish for any group buys to fail. It's a bad sign for the community's growth, tbh.
Going on,
I picked up this set as a last second emergency tap-in, and while I still don't like it, now that I'm directly involved in it I'm going to try my damndest to get this thing into the air. I thought it was a meme as well, especially since r1 failed. Now that I'm part of this GB on the interior I can say that if it fails, I tried my best.

But, if I were not part of this group buy, it would have crashed and burned day one. I'm going to be honest here, no one knows what this set is. It was already in a very poor state during the IC process. The lackluster publicity of this set and poor utilization of any social media at all really put the nail in the coffin with this group buy. To be honest, this buy should have been delayed to have any chance at all of succeeding due to it's generally poor public management. There's a couple of problems with this set but that's probably the big glaring one to me. I hope this buy does well but I do have a very pessimistic outlook on the whole situation still, honestly. With a good amount of public shoving I've been able to garner a good handful of sales through prior sponsorships I've had, a rather large public discord channel, and a modest social media push. TX Keyboards, who initially was supposed to be in my position before this buy, does not have any of these things, and day 1 of R2 handarbeit would just look like day 1 of R1 handarbeit. A small pocket of zealots and everyone else looking at them weird.

So in the end, we'll see, we'll see. I know when to call it quits and if the order quantity is too low by a certain date-milestone in the buy I know that I will pull the plug to save my time and my customers' dollars. I don't have any capital to "save" this buy with. That money has been tied up for the last few months in other projects, and as mentioned before this was pretty much an emergency tap-in.

If this set barely makes i bet its gonna be the next Serika. Out of no where everyone wants this after the pictures are out driving the price up to 500$. Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No.

100% it won't be a problem nowadays - everything has been hitting MOQ for the past like 6 months, including unintentionally bad sets. An intentionally terrible set with a little bit of history behind it, I'd be surprised it MOQ hasn't already been met a day in.

It's still a problem. People will pay upwards of 40-50 dollars to be intentionally terrible. This is three times that. I'm 1/5 MOQ alone and that's far from enough.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 June 2019, 22:05:11 by Krelbit »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 23:20:06 »

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 23:35:28 »
oooo that looks pretty nice i might join.

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [re-open interesting check to find good timing]
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 08:56:10 »
It's still a problem. People will pay upwards of 40-50 dollars to be intentionally terrible. This is three times that. I'm 1/5 MOQ alone and that's far from enough.

Last bit was hyperbolic but I'm still super confident there's no chance this is a miss this go around again; 1/5th the way by yourself before the GB post had been approved is solid, I wonder what it'll take for a set to not make MOQ now and am curious to see which one will be the "winner".