Author Topic: WS x Jaekeyed (赤灰色) Aka Haiiro  (Read 10346 times)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
WS x Jaekeyed (赤灰色) Aka Haiiro
« on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 10:25:35 »

Dear MKB community,

When I was young, I was able to visit a beautiful Asian country, Japan. I won’t forget the trucker hat I got from our vacation which says “MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR.” Coincidentally, the hat’s main color is hot red, with LOVE in white and WAR in black. I loved that hat, but I lost it after a few years and I couldn’t find that very same design again. But that’s okay, life moves forward. Still, that statement will resonate with me until the day I die. In this world of uncertainty, it is better to promote love and kindness.

Fast forward to now, I am dedicating this new gomoku-inspired keycapset design called (赤灰色) Aka Haiiro, literally translated to "Red Grey", for a community that shares the same love for mechanical keyboards from a country other than my own.

I incorporated that same short but profound statement about love and war using tategaki, the traditional Japanese way of writing vertically. I think I might as well help that very same hat designer to propagate what he wanted to tell the world - it is better to make love, not war.

Love,
Jae

Now, I'm partnering with Wuque Studio, to make my design and vision for Aka Haiiro a reality.

Group Buy Period: May 31, 2023 to June 21, 2023

VENDORS

US: Cannonkeys
CA: Ashkeebs
VN: Soi Gear
MY: Rebult
SG: iLumkb
TH: NTCH Keys
PH: Jaekeyed
JP: Yushakobo
Indonesia: Mechaland
TW: Inpad
UK: Prototypist
DE: Keygem
AU: KeebsNCables
CN & rest of the world: Wuque Studio

SPECS

Profile: Cherry Profile Row 1-1-2-3-4-4
Material: PBT
Technology: All-Side Dye Sublimation

KITS

完全 Kanzen | Base kit

Features: 3-color legends (white, red, grey), vertical modifier legends, 4-bit binary numerical system, Latin + Katakana + Romaji alphas
Support: JIS, ISO, Alice, 40s, 60s up to Full Size

奇麗 Kirei | Alphas kit

Features: 3-color legends (white, red, grey), Katakana-only alphas
Support: JIS, ISO, Alice extra keys; keyboard kit with 1.50u R2 Tab key

RENDERS

CMM.Studio Fuji75

KBDfans x Vulcan Maja

Wuque Studio Zoom65

DESKMAT

Breathe

This is a functional deskmat. You can play go/gomoku games simultaneously on this deskmat. ;)

METAL ARTISAN

KEYBOARD COLLABORATION

Freya Aka Haiiro Edition by Wuque Studio and Jaekeyed

A limited edition version of Freya, a 65% keyboard with left macro column by Wuque Studio, that matches the overall theme of Aka Haiiro.

SAMPLES

Disclaimer: This set of keycaps is the first sample I've gotten from Wuque Studio's team. Since then, I have corrected certain design errors and we are in constant communication to make the actual product as close to the kit renders presented.

Here are the concerns I had with the first samples:

• white legends look thinner than intended
  • alignment - some of the legends are very close to the edge of a keycap's top surface

Moving forward, we are making sure these concerns are addressed and the products coming to buyers who'd be supporting the Group Buy will be in top-quality.

on Neson Design N6

More

on Matrix Lab Vita Nebula

More

on Gray Studio Space80 Apollo

More

You can discuss this project among fellow MKB enthusiasts within these Discord channels:

You can check my links to follow this project or my other keycapset designs, by clicking my logo. Thank you very much!

If you want to support this project, consider including the banner below to your profile:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120446.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/KFnUWtF.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 May 2023, 11:15:42 by jaekid »

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: WS x Jaekeyed (赤灰色) Aka Haiiro
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 10:26:26 »
*reserved

Offline ScarletStar

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 11:29:38 »
What do all the red and white dots mean?

Offline Siak

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 11:37:32 »
Any European vendors?

Offline Sierry

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 11:45:50 »
I’ve been following this since you first posted it on Instagram and I couldn’t be more excited that it’s finally happening! I hope the group buy goes well and I’m all in on it as soon as it’s released  :thumb:

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 13:02:51 »
Guessing these are dyesub unless otherwise stated.

Offline Sierry

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 14:31:16 »
Guessing these are dyesub unless otherwise stated.

Yeah it was stated in the post:

legends look thinner - it's a usual effect of having the legends printed in reverse dye sublimation process
    alignment - some of the legends are very close to the edge of a keycap's top surface

Moving forward, we are making sure these concerns are addressed and the products coming to buyers who'd be supporting the Group Buy will be in top-quality.

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 14:46:09 »

legends look thinner - it's a usual effect of having the legends printed in reverse dye sublimation process
    alignment - some of the legends are very close to the edge of a keycap's top surface

Yeah just realized that once I scrolled to the bottom. Would have liked to have seen that up on the top of the IC with keycap specifications instead of seeing that on the bottom.

Offline baobaozi

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 23:13:30 »
Love the katakana only, hoping the reverse dye sub can keep up with your ideal look!

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 May 2023, 16:18:46 »
I love anime
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline PopoHappy

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 04:53:53 »
This is a really nice set! Will be keeping an eye on it!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 05:05:41 »
Any European vendors?

I’ve just updated with a vendor list and GB dates. Thank you!

I’ve been following this since you first posted it on Instagram and I couldn’t be more excited that it’s finally happening! I hope the group buy goes well and I’m all in on it as soon as it’s released  :thumb:

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

Love the katakana only, hoping the reverse dye sub can keep up with your ideal look!

We are in close communication (WS) to have a top quality output

What do all the red and white dots mean?

Because of the set’s inspiration from the board game gomoku, though in red and white (circular pins) instead of the original black and white because of the choice for the black base color of the set.

This is a really nice set! Will be keeping an eye on it!

Thank you! :D

Offline Boyten8

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 19:07:51 »
Estimated pricing?

Offline andree23

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 04:26:25 »

Yeah just realized that once I scrolled to the bottom. Would have liked to have seen that up on the top of the IC with keycap specifications instead of seeing that on the bottom.
I've been following this since you initially shared it on Instagram, and now that it's actually happening, I couldn't be happier! I hope the group buy goes well, and as soon as it becomes available, I'm all in. 

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 12:30:01 »
These caps look amazing. glwic!

Offline Siak

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 12:48:21 »

I've been following this since you initially shared it on Instagram, and now that it's actually happening, I couldn't be happier! I hope the group buy goes well, and as soon as it becomes available, I'm all in. 

Guys these keycaps already run, it's at the top of the post:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 16:08:36 »

Guys these keycaps already run, it's at the top of the post:

[/quote]

sad. hope to cop extras