Author Topic: an introduction  (Read 201987 times)

Offline whentheclouds

Re: an introduction
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 08:00:11 »
asking something i'm sure many are dying to know: traditional GB procedures or are they premade and ready for purchase?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 08:06:17 »
asking something i'm sure many are dying to know: traditional GB procedures or are they premade and ready for purchase?

there will be keysets available over time in both formats

however production time as mentioned before is extremely fast
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 08:11:12 »
The production engineer in me really wants to know what you've come up with to shorten lead times and lower costs but it goes without saying you could never tell. Anyway, it's all really exciting.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 08:34:49 »
Couple of quick questions now that I think about it.

* Spacebars - can the community fund molds for unusual space bar sizes and stem positions? Would love a FC660 compatible set, always wanted one of those boards but the spacebar is a deal breaker.
* Are the pictured legends Cherry? They look pretty damned close from what I can tell.
* Will the colors be a limited pool like GMK or is there a possibility for custom colors?

Super excited guys, these look like they could really shake things up.
The FC660 has a 6U spacebar, right? That's what the Infinity Hacker uses as well. These two groups need to team up for add-on kits in group buys to come.

A single add-on kit with a 6U spacebar, both oddball rshift sizes, and all the spare 1U keys for the Leo's top right corner and the Infinity's bottom right modifiers. We can call it the Underdog 60% Adapter Kit.

or the "people who make poor and uninformed purchases kit"
Ouch. Now I just have to figure out if you're joking or not.

im about 80% joking
I've always thought the same but if I could get a full set for them I'd buy one in a heartbeat, I like the built in nav keys and clack/bro holders
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 08:48:24 »

* Spacebars - can the community fund molds for unusual space bar sizes and stem positions? Would love a FC660 compatible set, always wanted one of those boards but the spacebar is a deal breaker.
* Are the pictured legends Cherry? They look pretty damned close from what I can tell.
* Will the colors be a limited pool like GMK or is there a possibility for custom colors?

The FC660 has a 6U spacebar, right? That's what the Infinity Hacker uses as well. These two groups need to team up for add-on kits in group buys to come.

A single add-on kit with a 6U spacebar, both oddball rshift sizes, and all the spare 1U keys for the Leo's top right corner and the Infinity's bottom right modifiers. We can call it the Underdog 60% Adapter Kit.

Ouch. Now I just have to figure out if you're joking or not.

im about 80% joking
I've always thought the same but if I could get a full set for them I'd buy one in a heartbeat, I like the built in nav keys and clack/bro holders

+1    "clack /bro holders"   :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 09:10:00 »
OMG, how did I miss out on this? Ö_Ö

Very Impressive and potentially a big game changer!
Truly amazing Bunny to see how much you keep on giving!

Much Love! Very Thankies! <3

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 09:20:55 »
OMG, how did I miss out on this? Ö_Ö

Very Impressive and potentially a big game changer!
Truly amazing Bunny to see how much you keep on giving!

Much Love! Very Thankies! <3

the real work has been done by my friend now known as JT Keycaps, i have really just been advising along the way and helping more with the latter stages of the project

i have caps on hand and they truly are fantastic, and a huge amount of work has gone in to the development of them, and they will only continue to get better

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:44:03 »

So in case anyone's interested, I looked into this. The Leopold has a 6.25U spacebar, not a 6U. It's just got oddball mount and stab spacing.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 14:02:56 »
It's a very exciting time.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 14:08:42 »

So in case anyone's interested, I looked into this. The Leopold has a 6.25U spacebar, not a 6U. It's just got oddball mount and stab spacing.

The FC660M has an standard size 6.25u space bar, but its stems / stabs are oddly spaced. The best way to go with it is to desolder the switches, and take the plate to shop to get  notches for the stabilizers at the standard positions being laser cutted. The, you will have a pretty much standard layout, but the 2.25u right shift, and the 1u fourth row windows key; that, could use any standard size space bar. I think, the problem is this design decision Leopold made.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 14:40:33 »

The FC660M has an standard size 6.25u space bar, but its stems / stabs are oddly spaced. The best way to go with it is to desolder the switches, and take the plate to shop to get  notches for the stabilizers at the standard positions being laser cutted. The, you will have a pretty much standard layout, but the 2.25u right shift, and the 1u fourth row windows key; that, could use any standard size space bar. I think, the problem is this design decision Leopold made.
It seems like it would be an easy mistake to correct, though. Just change the design for future boards. That is, if Leopold pays enough attention to the modding community to notice it's a common issue.

My boards:
More

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 16:35:36 »

pardon my interruption Bunny but the fc660c is the best topre keyboard ever made
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 16:48:03 »

Show Image

pardon my interruption Bunny but the fc660c is the best topre keyboard ever made

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 17:04:10 »
Any chance for stepped center stemmed caps lock?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 19:33:55 »

It seems like it would be an easy mistake to correct, though. Just change the design for future boards. That is, if Leopold pays enough attention to the modding community to notice it's a common issue.

I think it was a conscious decision, it is not the only board with a strange spaced stems at the space bar.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 19:38:02 »

The board has been out for around 2 years, so I doubt it will be getting changed. Leopold seems to like it the way it is now.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:10:35 »
SO HYPED FOR THIS DAMMIT! Very interested to see if they can get me off GMK sets, the old wallet has been punished lately :P
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:11:38 »
SO HYPED FOR THIS DAMMIT! Very interested to see if they can get me off GMK sets, the old wallet has been punished lately :P

we are looking at these being on sale tentatively in about a month, but ill have more details soon

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:18:26 »

we are looking at these being on sale tentatively in about a month, but ill have more details soon

Awesome, just awesome.

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:27:03 »
All the suspense... Is that a Marketing Strategy ?!

It's working...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:35:17 »
Hype masters.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:03:03 »
We will release more details on the first coming keycaps sets soon.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:04:53 »

**** just got real.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 11:12:54 »

Welcome JT.  We are all very excited to see what is to come.   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 15:18:23 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

We are all looking forward with great anticipation to see what you can do :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 17:13:56 »
JT...could it be John Travolta? Justin Timberlake? James Taylor?

My boards:
More

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 18:33:26 »

Welcome JT.  We are all very excited to see what is to come.   :thumb:
thanks~

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 18:41:33 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

We are all looking forward with great anticipation to see what you can do :)

Thanks~We will strive to do our best

Offline Corey

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 19:12:41 »

Commence penny saving.

Offline VanGhost

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 19:17:51 »
I realize that this is still a ways off, and topre caps are just a dream at this point, but it made me think about how a topre keycap GB would work. Would there be 3 different variants for RF, HHKB, and FC600C? The Leopold with 55g domes and doubleshots would be my dream come true.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 19:53:13 »
I realize that this is still a ways off, and topre caps are just a dream at this point, but it made me think about how a topre keycap GB would work. Would there be 3 different variants for RF, HHKB, and FC600C? The Leopold with 55g domes and doubleshots would be my dream come true.
Do rf,hhkb,fc600c use the same keycaps?

Offline VanGhost

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:03:38 »
Do rf,hhkb,fc600c use the same keycaps?
AFAIK they all use the same alphas,  I'm not sure about the mods. The FC600C does have a unique bottom row though.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:06:34 »

Pretty sure it'd just be a mega pack including the necessary mods for all those keyboards. It's like 3 extra keys for HHKB and 7 for the FC660C. Unlike MX, there are few enough Topre layouts that it's reasonable to include everything.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:30:51 »
Some updates:
1, Purple-white keycaps set samples will come soon and we will start our first group buy with this set.
2, We will do IC to decide whether will other color options join the first group buy.
3, We hope we can find out a reasonable price for everyone who is interested in our new set.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:33:25 »
Purple-white, white caps purple legends, or?

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:43:16 »
Both.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:48:02 »
Both.

ooooo, finally something to match the purple mod set that GMK first put out with us!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 06:50:21 »
Some updates:
1, Purple-white keycaps set samples will come soon and we will start our first group buy with this set.
2, We will do IC to decide whether will other color options join the first group buy.
3, We hope we can find out a reasonable price for everyone who is interested in our new set.

This is exciting news.  I can't wait to see the mockups.  I will be sitting it out, only because I have more MX sets than boards, but look forward to seeing the set finalized.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:14:08 »
Both.
Nice! Looking forward to it.

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:22:35 »
Some updates:

This is exciting news.  I can't wait to see the mockups.  I will be sitting it out, only because I have more MX sets than boards, but look forward to seeing the set finalized.
We will release the mockups and keycaps samples pictures soon in the groupbuy.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:33:06 »
Some updates:

I hope the mockups don't differ as much as the GMK renders (colour-wise from the final product). :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:48:28 by wlhlm »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:21:19 »
Some updates:

I hope the mockups don't differ as much as the GMK renders (colour-wise from the final product). :rolleyes:

we only use our own mockups on ctrl alt

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:25:14 »
Some updates:

Can't wait to see what they look like.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:27:11 »
Some updates:

Much excite for white on purple!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:31:33 »
I am not the biggest fan of White on Purple, but I'll buy a set no matter what.

This is hoping something like CCnG will be done in the future  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:35:39 »
I'd rather do something new than another round of white on purple.  It would be nice to start off with a color GMK doesn't have and that we haven't already done recently.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:49:14 »
I'd rather do something new than another round of white on purple.  It would be nice to start off with a color GMK doesn't have and that we haven't already done recently.

Toxic!!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 02:13:52 »

Toxic!!!!

Handarbeit! :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:07:45 »
Sorry if these have been answered before: Are these exactly like GMK?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:49:58 »
Sorry if these have been answered before: Are these exactly like GMK?

As I understand it they are not exactly like GMK, but share many of the same characteristics.  Thick.  Doubleshot.  Squared corners.  Cherry profile.