Author Topic: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 238694 times)

Offline heartbreak

Re: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (preparing for shipment)
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 04:03:59 »
Finally got tracking on my ocean blue

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 09:14:56 »
And as if by magic I just got my tracking number through, DHL to UK.
Now to wait a couple months for it to make it's way here and through customs!

a couple months? DHL to UK really like that?

I just don't want to get my hopes up!

I'm in the UK too.
Theses guys use DHL Express not normal DHL. My GS packaged was picked up on late Sunday and Delivered to my door on Tuesday
Really fast

Offline jan.coppens

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:37:57 »
Hi al!

Yesterday i soldered my first mechanical keyboard. Everything worked fine and i was very exited to use it as my main keyboard.

Unfortunately this morning my "m" key stopped working. :( First i tought that it was badly soldered, but after checking the solder everything seems fine. (if i test the resistance of the switch pins at the back of the PCB with a multimeter i get correct readings when pushing the switch)

I also reflashed the keyboard multiple times without success.

Are there any other things I can try to fix my brandnew keyboard? Or is my PCB broken?

Kind Regards!

Offline x1angel

« Reply #453 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 08:11:21 »
Hi al!

Yesterday i soldered my first mechanical keyboard. Everything worked fine and i was very exited to use it as my main keyboard.

Unfortunately this morning my "m" key stopped working. :( First i tought that it was badly soldered, but after checking the solder everything seems fine. (if i test the resistance of the switch pins at the back of the PCB with a multimeter i get correct readings when pushing the switch)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Are there any other things I can try to fix my brandnew keyboard? Or is my PCB broken?

Kind Regards!
I think you should try to replace with another switch first, then if it doesn't work, then it could be the pcb problems

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline jan.coppens

« Reply #454 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 13:33:18 »
Hi al!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Kind Regards!
I think you should try to replace with another switch first, then if it doesn't work, then it could be the pcb problems

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Hi x1angel,

Thanks for your reply!
I just tried resoldering the switch and it started working. I din't even had to replace it. Maybe there was not enough solder in the hole?

PS: I think this keyboard matches perfectly with my desktop. ;D

Offline freespam

« Reply #455 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 18:08:54 »
I'm in the US and got mine today!  It looks amazing and I can't wait to build.

One question though, does anyone know what the 3 electronic things are in 1 of the little baggies?  I think one of them is LED's, but I'm not sure what the others are....are these just spare parts?

Offline kvswim

« Reply #456 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 15:05:24 »
Got my EVA unit today. PCB tested out fine and exterior of case looks good. Need to wait for those Unit-01 switch and keycap GBs to come though before actually building though...   ;D

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 02:58:05 »
Anyone got shipping info on schroedinger? Specifically to EU.

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 02:59:27 »

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 18:34:09 »

Not EU (US) but I’m still waiting on receiving shipping information as well.  The discord info only goes so far because the gray studio team isn’t directly involved with it...was hoping to see some more info here! Lots of think v2 hype from em tho lol

Offline MagicMicky

Re: [GB] Space65:CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (GB ends Friday 4/17)
« Reply #460 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 17:02:20 »
As many people have been asking about the material and the surface treatment for the L-shaped badge.
My intention is to make it brass, and PVD black all across, as black PVD has proven to look great in prior GBs.
With that being said, I will consider open-sourcing the L-shaped part model after GB, so you will be able to make your own with other materials.

Hello! Back in April, you were considering open sourcing the L shaped part model. Is it still something you are thinking about? I'd love to be able to find a way to make mine with a similar looking color to my accent (A-pink/A-gold). The open sourced part model, would help :)

Offline sohju

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 17:14:49 »
No shipping yet for me. I'm from Cali.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 20:42:46 »
Tracking info received for my Schrödingers, but not picked up by DHL yet after a week and a half

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #463 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:40:52 »
Since this GB runner seems to drop most communication after the GB starts shipping and they start making a new board, you can see an update regarding the remaining schrodingers shipping here.

This is from their recent IC here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110033.0. I am still waiting for mine but hopefully, it is in the queue.

Show Image

Our Space80-APOLLO Logo

Hello keyboard friends, it has been several busy months producing and shipping Space65 CyberVoyager as well as producing Think6.5v2. Now that the shipping for Space65 CyberVoyager is completed (some Schrodinger orders still with DHL queue, please email me if you don't receive within 2 weeks), and the Think6.5 V2 production is progressing along very well (still projecting shipping around CNY 2021), it is time for me to start the Interest Check for the second keyboard of the Gray Studio Space series keyboard: Space80:APOLLO, the first 80% TKL layout customized keyboard from Gray Studio....

Offline pcire

« Reply #464 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:20:28 »
Since this GB runner seems to drop most communication after the GB starts shipping and they start making a new board, you can see an update regarding the remaining schrodingers shipping here.

This is from their recent IC here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110033.0. I am still waiting for mine but hopefully, it is in the queue.

For reals! Hate how good communication is, and then it’s dead silent as soon as the orders are closed.

Thanks for the update though!

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #465 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 20:59:35 »
The schrodingers for mainland china have shipped in batches, and I have recieved mine in mid nov.. For us and eu it shld most likely be shipping after all china sets are shipped. I think latest you shld recieve some shipping codes in q1 2021.. If not way earlier

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline stein3

« Reply #466 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 21:41:15 »
I bought two kits, but only one of them came with a piece of foam for the battery compartment.

Is this a piece I should worry about?

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 17:10:51 »
I bought two kits, but only one of them came with a piece of foam for the battery compartment.

I don’t think it’s worth worrying about in the sense that your board will still function without it but if it was me, I’d still reach out to Gray Studio for a replacement for it. I’ve seen a few people with things missing from their order and they’ve gotten replies saying a replacement is on the way. It’s a $300+ keyboard. Get what you paid for!

Quick question for you: is battery spelled correctly in the slot or does it say BATTER? I thought I saw a photo of the misspelling but I could’ve been hallucinating.

Offline prognostics

« Reply #468 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 06:28:28 »

Your second one likely has it inside the metal case, not in the top foam.
My schrodinger had it in the case itself but my white gold had it in the top of the case. Please check there.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:58:39 »
So we’re supposed to give it one more week before we assume our Schrodinger boards are MIA?

Offline guy0naBuffal0

« Reply #470 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 21:38:06 »
One question though, does anyone know what the 3 electronic things are in 1 of the little baggies?  I think one of them is LED's, but I'm not sure what the others are....are these just spare parts?

Yes I believe those are extra LED diodes in case the ones already soldered on the board malfunction.

Offline olazy

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 23:19:55 »

Yes I believe those are extra LED diodes in case the ones already soldered on the board malfunction.

all 3 side leds just stopped working on mine :(

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 23:23:17 »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 23:02:45 by mrpetrov »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 17:26:31 »
Mine arrived a day earlier than the shipping notification and I am super happy.
The EVA-01 is my favorite purple ano I've seen, really nice and saturated.  Same goes for the green and red tag bits.
Canoe Gen2 EVA-01's purple has a similar hue but is more faded.
And those Schrödingers!!
Rose-oCop is begging for Olivia, and SoyaGold is gonna go great with so many things.
To top it off all the packaging and instructions are nice and tidy and I totally forgot about the tweezers and screwdrivers, works with heads from my other kit.
These are really cute little boards and I can't wait to tinker with them this weekend. 
Thanks for doing this group buy!

Offline Fisher

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 03:22:56 »
Nice design, really like it!

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:30:43 »
I got my Schrodinger's yesterday...pretty wild?!

258094-0

Offline _lost_

« Reply #476 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:37:32 »
nice work

Offline Shadowgraft

« Reply #477 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 11:25:40 »

All 3 side LEDs stopped working for me last night as well. Anyone know the best way to test what parts I should try replacing first? Is it just trial and error? The spare parts kit only seems to have 2 of the side LEDs in there... hopefully all 3 aren't broken.

Second question - does anyone know the specs on these LEDs in case we have to source some new ones?

Offline olazy

« Reply #478 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 20:15:28 »

All 3 side LEDs stopped working for me last night as well. Anyone know the best way to test what parts I should try replacing first? Is it just trial and error? The spare parts kit only seems to have 2 of the side LEDs in there... hopefully all 3 aren't broken.

Second question - does anyone know the specs on these LEDs in case we have to source some new ones?

i reached out to potter and sent over some pics which they will send to demo. we'll see what he/she says.

Offline yuejia

« Reply #479 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:23:15 »
It’s really Nice!! That is so beautiful!!

Offline dstaar

« Reply #480 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 02:26:17 »
all shipping seems finished, can we buy extra PCB sometime soon?
thanks.

Offline yuejia

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 20:21:36 »
That’s what I want!!! Amazing stuff!!!

Offline littlesmall

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 09:09:02 »
Wow that's so cool

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #483 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:15:04 »
Here’s mine

258505-0

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:23:20 »
Nice colour combo pixelpusher.  Like that a lot.  I have not got around to building either of mine yet.  You have put me in the mood to get started.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline qq6681585

« Reply #485 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 12:26:27 »
That‘ssocool!Ilikeit!!! :)) :cool:

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #486 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 16:01:32 »
Got a chance to solder these this morning with everyone asleep. VIA works right out of the box, no LED problems so far.
Used recolored gateron blacks in the EVA-01 case and cherry red mx zilents in the Schrödinger with C³Equalz stabs.

258602-0258604-1
258606-2258608-3

Until I get GMK Mecha-01 Berserk base in Laser will have to do.  I wonder if Berserk alphas and Laser mods would work, hmm.
Swapped in red badges for GMK Darling instead of doing another Olivia build.
Hard to get with my terrible lights but the Schrödinger is less rosegold and more pink.
They're great! Thanks again for the buy, if you run a round 3 I'll probably try to grab a Bumblebee, the yellow looks great in pictures.

Offline notiq

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 18:01:47 »
Someone who only bought a PCB (and/or the pads) for their R1 Space65 with a shipping notification? My order has still the status 'unfulfilled'.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2021, 15:48:09 by notiq »

Offline Mighty_Zero

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 09:51:21 »
I am missing a vibration pad. And I can't reach the gray studio through emails.
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:01:32 »
Yes, i have experience the same problem. No Vibration pad in the box. Already contact GrayStudio, takes around a week for them to respond. Said they will ship the vibration pad. But, no shipping advice yet.

Offline miamii

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 23:40:20 »
WIll there be another round for this kb?
I am late joiner guys, please have a mercy.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #491 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:27:01 »
WIll there be another round for this kb?
I am late joiner guys, please have a mercy.

Some limited extras will be listed on Graystudio.club after GB fulfillment at $399 for a kit.

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 00:59:58 »
Someone who only bought a PCB (and/or the pads) for their R1 Space65 with a shipping notification? My order has still the status 'unfulfilled'.

Also waiting for my PCB. Any updates on this? I thought they would start shipping after all the boards went out but before the extras sale?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 13:02:49 »
This is a really nice board to build.  Super easy and satisfying.  So happy with it  I came back in here just to comment. :thumb: :thumb:

The only thing that would make this a 110% would be continuing to stock some additional badges/accents/weights for swapping out down the road.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2021, 13:18:27 by pixelpusher »

Offline I5 20VT

« Reply #494 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 08:52:01 »
Any chance of R2 of this keyboard? The extras went so fast :(

Offline prognostics

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 12:35:39 »
Any chance of R2 of this keyboard? The extras went so fast :(

This was R2 and the extras actually went pretty slow (for this hobby).
Gray is running the Apollo 80 after this. If there is another round, it will not be for many months.

Offline Pach

« Reply #496 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 12:46:30 »
Yes, i have experience the same problem. No Vibration pad in the box. Already contact GrayStudio, takes around a week for them to respond. Said they will ship the vibration pad. But, no shipping advice yet.
I wouldn't worry. I contacted them for an order mistake, and they said they would ship it. I didn't get any sort of tracking but a few weeks later it arrived at my door. If you're concerned, maybe try to push them and ask if they shipped it out or for a tracking number if they have one.

Offline metreo

« Reply #497 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 14:34:56 »
realistically I want this board very badly

Offline Shadowgraft

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:43:37 »
Did anyone get any information back about the side LEDs failing and replacement/troubleshooting steps? I contacted them a month ago and sent photos but haven't gotten anything back yet.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:32:39 »
The plate file for Space65 CyberVoyager has been released in Gray discord, thank you.

https://discord.gg/AsrkstEzdx