Author Topic: [IC] GMK Trays (Updated 8/18/15) Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods put on hold  (Read 66891 times)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
More
NOT an official order form, just to gauge interest:
Google form IC sign up
Shameless reddit thread plug
Hello GeekHack! The team at KappaKapps wants to gauge interest in a keyset to be run in combination with Photekq's Classic Beige, but you do not have to be in that group buy to join in on this one.

UPDATE

We will go ahead with Cyrillic Alphas and the WASD Pack in one week, to coordinate with Classic Beige.

These are the final mockups:

If there are any more questions regarding Cyrillic, feel free to post in the thread.

The set will consist of two parts:

Cyrillic Alphas

103525-0

This set can be used in conjunction with the Classic Beige set to create an original Cherry Cyrillic layout. The colors are accurate to original Cyrillic keyboards.

The black alphas are doubleshot injection molded by GMK and then the red Cyrillic sub legends are pad printed and specially coated over.
Here's what the Cyrillic set looks like, image credit to litster: The picture is just image sample actual sets may look slightly different, however the legend is accurate

Red Modifiers [TKL Kit]

103523-1

This set is desgined to be used with Cyrillic alphas if you don't want to buy Classic Beige and with existing alphas. The kit will cover all keys needed for most TKL layouts.

The entire keyset is double shot injection molded by GMK using original Cherry molds.

Here is the color of the keys: (The sample color is V1)

More

This is what the GMK red color looks like: (also credits to litster) The picture is just image sample actual sets may look slightly different, however the legend is accurate

Here is a full list of keys:

More
The number before the x denotes the width of the keycap relative to the height of a standard keycap. Unless otherwise noted, the height of each keycap is 1x.

Row 1 (Esc, Function, and Number Row)
1x Esc, 2x Backspace, 1x F5, 1x F6, 1x F7, 1x F8, 1x Prt Sc/SysRq, 1x Scroll Lock, 1x Pause/Break, 1x Insert, 1x Home, 1x Pg Up, 1x Tilde (~`)
Row 2 (Tab row)
1.5x Tab, 1.5x |\ with HHKB Delete layout legend, 1x Delete, 1x End, 1x Pg Dn
Row 2 and 3 (Middle Row)
1.5x ISO Layout Enter Key (Please note the height is 2x and please refer to the picture for the shape)
Row 3 (Middle Row)
1.75x Full Touch Caps Lock, 1.75x Stepped Caps Lock, 1.75x Full Touch Control, 1.75x Stepped Ctrl, 2.25x Enter
Row 4 (Bottom Two Rows)
1.25x Shift, 1.75x Shift, 2.25x Shift, 2.75x Shift, 1.5x Control, 1.5x Control, 1.25x Control, 1.25x Control, 1.5x Alt, 1.5x Alt, 1.25x Alt, 1.25x Alt, 1.25x Menu, 1.25x Windows, 1.25x Windows, 1x Windows, 1x Windows, 1x Fn, 1.25x Blank Key, 1.25x Blank Key, 1x Up Arrow, 1x Left Arrow, 1x Down Arrow, 1x Right Arrow

Another component of this Interest Check is to have extra keys included in this set. GMK will also add a bonus key to each of these keysets for free. Let us know what you want to see! I have a White on Red "Code" key in mind for the Red Modifiers, but I would like to hear what people want for Cyrillic Alphas.

Keycap Trays

In addition, GMK has some nice keycap trays. This picture is the current tray. The new retail trays will be available soon and have a similar look to the one on the picture.

The team at KappaKapps is excited to do our next GMK keyset. If you don't know what we do, we're an up and coming artisan keycap and keyset vendor. The sets will be priced with minimal overhead for any unexpected occurrences. Our goal is to help the keyboard community and those in need, so all of our profits go to charity. Our June profits will go to Extra Life. If you want to support our cause, you can check out our keycap UnDead Clackin. We have more artisan keycaps in the works in various materials. We also have another color version of the red mods (Electric BlueGaloo) available on our site for preorder in case you missed out on the GB!

The way we plan to run this group buy is to collect orders beforehand. If we are close to the MOQ (250 orders) we will pay for the sets needed to tip the MOQ ourselves. Once the money is sent to GMK and they manufacture our sets, we will package and ship each set ASAP.

We're also working on some matching artisan keycaps to go with these sets, so keep your eyes peeled!

Credits: GMK Triumph Alder

We plan to have a tray GB first then we will launch the Cyrillic and Red mods GB.

Trays come with a lid and will be able to hold a 104 keyset and more.

We will price trays at $7 USD each.
Feel free to ask questions about shipping. In general: $15 for CONUS shipping. $25 for intl' shipping difference will be refunded. The more trays that are ordered, the higher the shipping cost.

GB thread will be posted tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2015, 23:29:34 by KappaKapps »

Offline fknraiden

Re: [IC] GMK Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:33:06 »
very much wanting red mods and many trays =p

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:39:56 »
Much interested in both all of them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:41:23 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:42:00 »
Definitely down for Red mods and a bunch of trays depending on what they hold/design.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:44:13 »
Interested in the Cyrillic alphas.

Contrary to your description, you wouldn't be able to make a full set out of the red mods and the alphas, because it misses F1-F4 and F8-F12.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:52:27 »
Definitely interested in the cyrilic alphas. Would you guys consider adding the missing ISO alphas for maximum compatibility? I'm thinking about the "\|" row 2 and "|\" or "~#" row 3 keys.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:56:21 »
Definitely down for Red mods and a bunch of trays depending on what they hold/design.
We sent GMK an email to give us more specifications on what the tray is capable of holding. We will update the thread ASAP when they reply.

Contrary to your description, you wouldn't be able to make a full set out of the red mods and the alphas, because it misses F1-F4 and F8-F12.
This was based off of Photek's idea and those keys were menat to be used with his set, we can look to make changes to expand to that.

Definitely interested in the cyrilic alphas. Would you guys consider adding the missing ISO alphas for maximum compatibility? I'm thinking about the "\|" row 2 and "|\" or "~#" row 3 keys.
Because the original Cyrillic sets are only ANSI, we are unable to add ISO alphas without messing up the layout. We want to keep things as simple as possible to streamline ordering.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:01:15 »

This was based off of Photek's idea and those keys were menat to be used with his set, we can look to make changes to expand to that.
Personally I don't care if you can cover a TKL from those two sets, I was just noting, so that people aren't mislead. If you think you can get the remaining keys in the sets, then of course that's a nice touch.

Also, 60% would be possible no matter what.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:03:00 »
Because the original Cyrillic sets are only ANSI, we are unable to add ISO alphas without messing up the layout. We want to keep things as simple as possible to streamline ordering.

Fair enough. Seeing as Photekq's Classic Beige groupbuy will include an ISO addon anyway, this is probably the best decision.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:04:45 »

Personally I don't care if you can cover a TKL from those two sets, I was just noting, so that people aren't mislead. If you think you can get the remaining keys in the sets, then of course that's a nice touch.

Also, 60% would be possible no matter what.

Of course. Logistically, depending on interest in this group buy, we may do a set with or without the F1-F4 and F8-F12 keys. Depending on GMK's response, we will conduct a poll if there is a significant price increase.

Offline joey

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:11:58 »
I'm down!

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:22:58 »
Yes. Yes. Yes. Thats 300%!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:24:15 »
: /

Have a set of Cyrillic from originative and the pad print on my W, A, S, D keys wore off rather fast.
I'm assuming that the there isn't a way to make it more durable?

In for mods and tray though.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:30:09 »

Have a set of Cyrillic from originative and the pad print on my W, A, S, D keys wore off rather fast.

I also have this set, and havent had this issue yet, but the clear coat is rather annoying. It has a slight sticky feeling to it, and is noticeably different than the non coated caps. I doubt many people will be bothered by it, but wanted to bring it up so people are aware.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:30:48 »

GMK should have better tooling and durability. German manufacturing FTW. I know a few people that used the original cherry keycaps (that are made with a similar process) for 15+ years without the legend fading. It is possible we could ask for a special coating, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:32:45 »

GMK should have better tooling and durability. German manufacturing FTW. I know a few people that used the original cherry keycaps (that are made with a similar process) for 15+ years without the legend fading. It is possible we could ask for a special coating, but it shouldn't be a problem.

the set from sherry is GMK

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:35:09 »

the set from sherry is GMK

In that case, we can ask for coating and other improvements. We will keep updating this IC thread.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:37:08 »
Hmm, then pending interest on alphas :p

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:46:46 »
interested in red mods and many trays  :))

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:30:13 »
This guy Hwood...

"u know"

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 00:40:57 »
Maybe or not. Depend on price...

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 00:57:00 »

you should be able to guess what it will cost based on pervious buys. cyrillic should be 60ish, and mods should be around 50 at most.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 05:31:28 »

you should be able to guess what it will cost based on pervious buys. cyrillic should be 60ish, and mods should be around 50 at most.
Hope that price. I'm in Cyrillic Alpha.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 06:41:44 »
any chance for adding number kit into the RED mod?

Offline hj-s

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 06:47:06 »
Does anybody here who in for cyrillic alphas know Russian?
I'm in if cyrillic letters will not fade.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:21:12 »
Interested for Cyrillic

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:55:04 »
My poor wallet....
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:40:07 »

I'll ask GMK about the durability of the legend and special coating.

The pricing looks to be from $50-57, depending on the amount that is ordered. If we are close to the next price bracket, we(at KappaKapps) may tip the GB. The typical "Groupbuy Fee" is included in each set for streamlined invoicing. Any overhead on the sets will be donated to charity.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 08:56:21 »
My poor wallet....
Useless, bro. That is your problem. You shouldn't groan here.
This is IC. We only discuss about keyset & price....

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 09:14:50 »
It's pad printed so yes it will fade eventually

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
[IC] GMK Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 09:17:05 »
My poor wallet....
Useless, bro. That is your problem. You shouldn't groan here.
This is IC. We only discuss about keyset & price....

Doesnt mean I didnt fill the IC form
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2015, 09:21:23 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline DVH

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:22:35 »
I'm in Cyrillic Alpha. It good for beige set !

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:38:18 »
Very much interested in the alphas! I always wanted to get a Cyrillic set but a full set was always too expensive for me so this is perfect.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:44:30 »
I'm in Cyrillic Alpha. It good for beige set !

Very much interested in the alphas! I always wanted to get a Cyrillic set but a full set was always too expensive for me so this is perfect.
Be sure to fill out the interest check form. It's not an official order form, just so we can get a pricing estimate.

any chance for adding number kit into the RED mod?
We'll ask GMK, but the group buy would run much more streamlined without one. If there's more demand for a number kit, I will edit the google form.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:01:44 »
must must must have.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:47:40 »
Remember, this is only an interest check, you are NOT signing up for invoicing on the google form.

Speaking of which, if you haven't, please fill out our google form (it's fast) so we can get accurate pricing information:
https://docs.google.com/a/kappakapps.com/forms/d/1yOxNLaS42-kdzPalqPDrlwitmVauhoUE999lGSXMsTo/viewform

I will continue updating you guys when I hear back from GMK.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 14:35:04 »
interested in mods and like 10x trays
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 21:48:30 »
Remember, this is only an interest check, you are NOT signing up for invoicing on the google form.

Speaking of which, if you haven't, please fill out our google form (it's fast) so we can get accurate pricing information:
https://docs.google.com/a/kappakapps.com/forms/d/1yOxNLaS42-kdzPalqPDrlwitmVauhoUE999lGSXMsTo/viewform

Would you like me to fill the form even if i most likely won't have the money to buy it?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 22:20:16 »
Didn't see this one:
It's pad printed so yes it will fade eventually

I wouldn't be too worried about it fading. It SHOULD last for a decent amount of time. We will make sure GMK manufactures it with good quality. There have been previous concerns with GMK's quality, however we will ask them to make improvements.

Would you like me to fill the form even if i most likely won't have the money to buy it?
We use the google doc to help us provide the most accurate pricing information, so if you think that there is a 50% or greater chance that you will be able to purchase it: fill it out. Otherwise, it's up to your best judgement.

The staff at Kappakapps will also be including artisan caps to be given away. Each set will have a chance(>10%) at winning an artisan cap. Exact details will be released on the official GB thread. :D

If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2015, 22:49:17 by KappaKapps »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
A WoB colour pack for escape and enter would look awesome imo

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
The shipping on the trays is going to be obscene unless they stack well - but I need them! I'd be interested in 10+

Totally think that the f1-f4 and f5-f8 keys are worth it - there are first time group buyers joining every day and many potentials might not buy into this because they don't have keycaps to fill the f row

+ once you added the cyrillic it informally became a full set and really should be paired with a full set of function keys

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Remember boys that this is supposed to be an addon to the GMK classic beige or OG cherry sets.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Remember boys that this is supposed to be an addon to the GMK classic beige or OG cherry sets.

I'm just wondering if there are gonna be people out there that won't be able to afford both and would opt for cyrillic/red mods only

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

I'm just wondering if there are gonna be people out there that won't be able to afford both and would opt for cyrillic/red mods only
This is only a modpack and separate alpha pack

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
My wallet is boring :-s

Offline Acerk

• I pay attention to details!
Are you willing to mark a package $20?

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor

Just to clarify, we probably will have the F keys to include more people into the group buy. Also, this group buy is not exclusive to only the people in the GMK classic beige group buy. All are welcome to join.

Could you please clarify what you mean by mark?

Offline Blackhawk

Could you please clarify what you mean by mark?

I think he is talking about marking the package with a value of $20 for customs. At least in European countries, you have to pay VAT on imported goods above a certain value. So by marking it with a lower value, there is a chance you might not have to pay VAT
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:10:51 by Blackhawk »

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk

More than willing to pick up a GMK classic beige.  :thumb: