Author Topic: [IC]TGR-Jane CE  (Read 55838 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: [IC]TGR-Jane CE
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:06:05 »
400usd is still 559.19aud. Well out of my price range unfortunately

not sure what you where expecting...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:07:45 »
Will this be numbered like first run ?
If so from 1 to 25?

Since olive green color is hard to capture, can we have an idea of how it really looks like ? pick here

Hyped.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Are these the items we can choose for r1 buyers?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:27:25 »
Does Yong do switch modding as well?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:20:20 »
Blue/grey looks really nice. I am tempted

I have my blue gray Jane shipping out Monday, I'll try to get some pics up. It shouldn't be long to build since I got all the switches prepped. It's a shame nobody has posted their blue gray boards yet.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:22:12 »
Blue/grey looks really nice. I am tempted

Yeah after I saw your post I went back and looked at the OP.  I'm loving the blue/grey myself!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:24:40 »
That blue/gray is really nice, but that pink..... hnnnnngggggg. I am going to have to do some soul searching on this one. $600+ is a lot to spend on a keyboard.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:32:48 »
That blue/gray is really nice, but that pink..... hnnnnngggggg. I am going to have to do some soul searching on this one. $600+ is a lot to spend on a keyboard.
~600$ is you get someone like Yong to build, he is really good.
~550$ if you build it by yourself
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:33:01 »

Offline techmattr

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:33:24 »
So how do we reserve a slot? First come first serve once the official GB launches?

That green is amazing......  :eek:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:36:36 »
So how do we reserve a slot? First come first serve once the official GB launches?

If it's like last time then it's first come first serve, round 1 sold out within a couple of hours. I suspect that round 2 will go much quicker.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:42:49 »

If it's like last time then it's first come first serve, round 1 sold out within a couple of hours. I suspect that round 2 will go much quicker.

Yeah, this. I signed up within the first fourteen minutes. It was dumb luck as I happened to be checking GH while on break. I had almost forgotten about the Jane GB at the time!  :))

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:43:21 »

I've started to refresh the GB box every 30' since yesterday :))

Offline techmattr

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:09:53 »
Seems like it might be a tough one to get in on! Fingers crossed and F5 activated!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:12:34 »
Seems like it might be a tough one to get in on! Fingers crossed and F5 activated!

There definitely seems like there is a lot more interest compared to last time. I still don't believe that all the people sharing there interest recognize the cost of the board so once the GB starts there probably won't be as many people but still sell out rather fast.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:19:24 »

There definitely seems like there is a lot more interest compared to last time. I still don't believe that all the people sharing there interest recognize the cost of the board so once the GB starts there probably won't be as many people but still sell out rather fast.

My Wallet is ready. (Quietly weeping in the corner, but ready)
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:07:19 »
I noticed that a lot of TGR on the first run had a bit of anodizing differences between the top and bottom pieces.

Show Image

Would there be any changes to the anodizing process to minimize these effects?
I think that's normal with 2 pieces board. I have some OTD board such as 360c , 356mini  , and i see that the top and bottom pieces always different , some have a huge difference , some just a little bit. However , There are still some colors which very hard to see the difference between 2 pieces i.e silver color.

BTW, anyone who have the Blue Grey r1 please post your keyboard T_T
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:13:41 by nguyenkimtam »

Offline chim_nhon

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:48:26 »
I noticed that a lot of TGR on the first run had a bit of anodizing differences between the top and bottom pieces.

Show Image

Would there be any changes to the anodizing process to minimize these effects?
I think that's normal with 2 pieces board. I have some OTD board such as 360c , 356mini  , and i see that the top and bottom pieces always different , some have a huge difference , some just a little bit. However , There are still some colors which very hard to see the difference between 2 pieces i.e silver color.

BTW, anyone who have the Blue Grey r1 please post your keyboard T_T

If I'm lucky I will receive a blue grey next week :D.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:50:11 by chim_nhon »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 13:32:57 »

Will we have any idea of when the groupbuy is going up? I'm usually busy during the day and I don't want to miss this.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 13:35:27 »

Will we have any idea of when the groupbuy is going up? I'm usually busy during the day and I don't want to miss this.

Yuktsi said he wanted to start the group buy next week unless if there was complications.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:01:24 »
the only complication I have now is with the anodizing, I am approaching another factory.
but the procurement of the material has already been started, the fabrication for the bottom case will start mid next week.
hmmmmm

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:07:46 »
the only complication I have now is with the anodizing, I am approaching another factory.
but the procurement of the material has already been started, the fabrication for the bottom case will start mid next week.
hmmmmm
What's happened with the old one ?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:09:46 »
Deciding on either this or the kishsaver. How much did the r1 cost fully built?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:11:24 »
Deciding on either this or the kishsaver. How much did the r1 cost fully built?

$550-$600 depending on who did the work.

~600$ is you get someone like Yong to build, he is really good.
~550$ if you build it by yourself

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 01:40:29 »
have a nice weekend guys  ;D

My collection

More

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 02:03:02 »

Show Image

I'm in love with this design, especially the nickel plate on the back. I think $550+ is WAY out of my budget for a keyboard though.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 02:26:37 »

Show Image

For anyone interested in joining the group buy:
Yuktsi has kept up wth communication well.  When it came to meeting his deadlines it was among the top guns on geekhack and he responded well to criticisms regarding packaging(Joey Quinn, 2015).  It seems like there will be more group buys to come and provided that his enthusiasm and dedication to a quality product remains I'll be up to support him with my cash any day.

It looks like this latest pic has a sandblasted finish. I'm going to assume this is a step toward a better anodized finish? 

There is one thing I'd like to suggest to yuktsi for those bothered by differing halves from anodizing like my own Jane(tbh the pics make it look harsh). How about selecting a different color for the top and bottom halves?  I think it would have liked weird on the R1 but the CE looks like it would look great with a silver bottom. The recent lz-cp and orion v2 buys indicate that this is a viable and popular option.  My very own orion v2 is blue-gray/silver.

Offline Doobalicious

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 05:33:32 »
How about selecting a different color for the top and bottom halves?  I think it would have liked weird on the R1 but the CE looks like it would look great with a silver bottom. The recent lz-cp and orion v2 buys indicate that this is a viable and popular option.  My very own orion v2 is blue-gray/silver.

I'm assuming this wouldn't add any extra cost as the two parts are manufactured separately anyway. It sounds like a good option - esp what you said about the silver bottoms.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 07:29:26 »

Show Image

It looks like this latest pic has a sandblasted finish. I'm going to assume this is a step toward a better anodized finish? 

I think that surface is the result of hard anodizing, my titanium Jane has the same kind of finish, not sure about the other colors tho.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 08:18:55 »

Show Image

I was starting to wonder what this would look like with a Dolch set since all of the colors look amazing with the OG Cherry set in the demo renders from r1. Might have to try to jump in on r2 this time around. Just have to decide between blue/grey or black for a Dolch set.

TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 08:46:33 »

Show Image

For anyone interested in joining the group buy:
Yuktsi has kept up wth communication well.  When it came to meeting his deadlines it was among the top guns on geekhack and he responded well to criticisms regarding packaging(Joey Quinn, 2015).  It seems like there will be more group buys to come and provided that his enthusiasm and dedication to a quality product remains I'll be up to support him with my cash any day.

There is one thing I'd like to suggest to yuktsi for those bothered by differing halves from anodizing like my own Jane(tbh the pics make it look harsh). How about selecting a different color for the top and bottom halves?  I think it would have liked weird on the R1 but the CE looks like it would look great with a silver bottom. The recent lz-cp and orion v2 buys indicate that this is a viable and popular option.  My very own orion v2 is blue-gray/silver.

I was thinking if I joined this of starting a tops/bottoms trade spreadsheet. But that would be over complicated compared to just taking separate orders for tops/bottom colors. If Yuktsi is willing to do it I think it could look really cool.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:22:09 »
Edit: Sorry I misunderstood filphil's reply
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:28:45 by ntitco1 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:24:14 »
The silver color are removed so I think maybe the top & bottom parts getting different color wont be possible.

Why wouldn't it be possible just because silver isn't a color option? You cold mix and match any of them if you wanted, plus black is also a good bottom color as well.

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:59:56 »
Only one question,the color blue grey will look like blue or grey in reality?U know in Duck's pics,the board looks blue,but in reality,it's entirely grey in my opinion. :)
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:19:47 »
cray would of been perfect, Pink would of been a bit to much, maybe ill stick with Black.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:23:30 »
Yuktsi, great prototype!

Would love to see the black hard anodizing TGR, got any pics of that? :thumb:

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:03:44 »
What components will come presoldered with the PCB? Or will no parts be presoldered?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 15:14:50 »
What components will come presoldered with the PCB? Or will no parts be presoldered?

If yuktsi is going to use the same PCB then nothing comes pre-soldered unless you pay for Yong to do it.

Offline justnits

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 00:49:46 »

I suppose the controllers will be pre-soldered.
The rest, meaning the diodes, switches, leds, resistors, and rgb leds will require soldering either by yourself, or pay an assembly fee for YongJK or other people with the tools and time to do it for you.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 01:45:26 »
Guys, I should have some sample for diffuse and iso plate ready later.
will finalized the thread and the costing tonight, the groupbuy will probably start on Wednesday.
materials are purchased and the fabrication for the bottom case has started in order to meet the delivery before christmas.

oh yeah, I will reply to all PMs. Kinda busy with work these days
Cheers.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 05:33:06 »

My collection

More

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 05:36:56 »
Show Image

OMG my body was not ready for this!!!!!

Thank you yuktsi for all the hardwork  :-*

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 06:12:41 »
Can we get the one without the diffuser?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 07:22:14 »
Show Image

Argh! The one thing I wish we had for r1!

Eh, I still love my titanium gray.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 08:18:08 by romevi »

Offline Data

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 10:10:06 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 10:13:34 »
Guys, I should have some sample for diffuse and iso plate ready later.
will finalized the thread and the costing tonight, the groupbuy will probably start on Wednesday.
materials are purchased and the fabrication for the bottom case has started in order to meet the delivery before christmas.

oh yeah, I will reply to all PMs. Kinda busy with work these days
Cheers.

Thanks for the update yuktsi, can't wait for Wednesday now. :D

First thing I did when I woke up this morning was to check the GB pages to see if it had started already. :p

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 12:18:21 »
Show Image

oh boy. This pic...I'm lovin' it!

IPatiently waiting for this GB to start. Fantastic job yuktsi! :)
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:28:38 »
Is the plan for this still tomorrow?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline ryptide11

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:03:26 »
When is the GB going live?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:04:13 »
Apparently yuktsi is going through a bit of a personal rough patch this week. It sounded like the GB may be delayed a bit, if it's not happening today.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:55:56 »
Apparently yuktsi is going through a bit of a personal rough patch this week. It sounded like the GB may be delayed a bit, if it's not happening today.

Yeap, a few of us have been in contact a little with him. We'll just have to give him a little bit of time to deal with some problems he may be going through.