Author Topic: [SPRiT] PCB +Case +Parts (NEW Full Alu Case Buy)  (Read 212167 times)

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plates + Parts (50 sets - Finalizing Shipping)
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 09:18:51 »
(X-post from "Post your Sprit keyboards /cases / PCBs")

Full album with details.

Offline VentureG

« Reply #501 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 16:21:10 »
@VentureG: This means that the board can take any normal LEDs that fit the switches, i.e. either 3mm round lipless or 2x3x4mm rectangular.

Thanks a ton! I have a set of dsa keys and an ALU case for this baby, and the confidence behind it too.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #502 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 03:53:14 »
I received the black SPRiT editions today and I have to say it's the sexiest PCB I've seen, only tested some basic stuff with a led and some jumper wires, no issues, my only regret is just buying 2 of these, I need 2, but my greed regretted not buying 4 while I'm at it as I seem to have many non-utilised 60% cases

For those of you who are using faceW (or any other board using bootloadHID bootloader, e.g. the winkeyless PCBs) on Mac OS X - here's a compiled binary executable for flashing these on OS X (Yosemite). Just one file in the zip, bootloadHID, compiled straight from the original Objective Development sources. It does exactly the same thing as bootloadHID.exe from SPRiT.

Usage: put your faceW into the bootloader mode (hold 'Q' while plugging in; all LEDs should flash), and then run './bootloadHID <something.hex>' in a terminal.

Maybe someone finds this useful.

I think I might find this useful, thanks a lot for sharing this, I checked the ps2avrU source code a bit to see if it's easily configurable, it wasn't, I might PM you soon to learn about your experiences

I'm probably going to leave the ps2avrU, native firmware at a very basic but useful state and do the remapping with a tmk_keyboard PS2_to_USB or USB_to_USB remapper, as the project is active
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
Re: <SPRiT Edition> 60% PCB + Plates + Parts (Extras Ordering)
« Reply #503 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:18:33 »
Hey sorry for the stupid question, but is it still possible to buy the PCB?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #504 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:33:20 »

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1351

Only 2 black ones left in stock, I was really really really tempted to get one more as a spare, the PCB is also a joy to look at, so I probably should just buy another one just to keep around

Edit: Done :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:36:19 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Freetail

« Reply #505 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 14:31:45 »
I sent a form for extras though I'm not too sure as to what's leftover, I realized I made a mistake and I pm'd you about it. Would I also be able to get a quick shipping quote before anything goes through?
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2015, 20:31:10 by Freetail »

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #506 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 18:45:10 »

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1351

Only 2 black ones left in stock, I was really really really tempted to get one more as a spare, the PCB is also a joy to look at, so I probably should just buy another one just to keep around

Edit: Done :)

Ooh man $38 shipping to my place :(

Offline micr0n

Re: &lt;SPRiT Edition&gt; 60% PCB + Plates + Parts (Extras Ordering)
« Reply #507 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 20:33:11 »
Has any one heard from sprit lately?  Has everyone gotten there boards from the first or second group?

Offline jlor

« Reply #508 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 03:47:32 »
Has any one heard from sprit lately?  Has everyone gotten there boards from the first or second group?

He's not responding to any threads lately. I see him online now and again (he was on 2 days ago). At the same time he's falling behind on a LOT of his group buys and provide PCBs for LeandreNs group buy and MK.com .. Take from that what you wish - to me it looks like preferential  treatment and pissing on his previous customers back.

Offline micr0n

« Reply #509 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:09:22 »

He's not responding to any threads lately. I see him online now and again (he was on 2 days ago). At the same time he's falling behind on a LOT of his group buys and provide PCBs for LeandreNs group buy and MK.com .. Take from that what you wish - to me it looks like preferential  treatment and pissing on his previous customers back.
That's pretty sad given the reason I joined was this was suppose to be a quick short run with a fast turn around.  I guess I'll have to start warning people of this if this is how its going to be going forward.

Offline Kipz

« Reply #510 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:20:57 »
I take it that there is no chance of getting a PCB at this time then?

I would buy from the above link but $35 for postage is insane to the uk.

Offline micr0n

« Reply #511 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:26:52 »
I take it that there is no chance of getting a PCB at this time then?

I would buy from the above link but $35 for postage is insane to the uk.
My thoughts on this is that you would have a better chance getting the board from MK than directly from sprit at this point.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #512 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 14:30:59 »
Sad to hear about the issues, I've previously read that sprit always delivers yet the timing is ... :)

The PCB's I got are FaceW v0.1's by the way, is it the first and last version?

Also looking for ps2avrU compiling experiences, if anyone has any

(Off topic, I stack things at Shipito to be shipped in batches, with costs, 5-6 packages usually cost $50-60, otherwise a lot of stuff don't ship outside US and many other restrictions, Shipito was a life changer for me - yet the cost is still a bit luxurious)

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
  • I specialize in bird law.
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:56:54 »

That's pretty sad given the reason I joined was this was suppose to be a quick short run with a fast turn around.  I guess I'll have to start warning people of this if this is how its going to be going forward.

Mind if I ask when you joined? I'm still waiting for my stuff, joined in May. Told me in July that my order would be shipped in a few days, haven't heard a word since.

I'm not worried about receiving my order, I don't doubt that I'll get it eventually. I just want to know when.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:59:44 by Dodgy »
Hi, what's your favorite color?
I'm making keycaps, take a look if you give a damn.
Sale Thread

Offline micr0n

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 13:47:55 »

Mind if I ask when you joined? I'm still waiting for my stuff, joined in May. Told me in July that my order would be shipped in a few days, haven't heard a word since.

I'm not worried about receiving my order, I don't doubt that I'll get it eventually. I just want to know when.
Yep.  Joined the same time as you as well.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 13:56:04 »

Yep.  Joined the same time as you as well.

Honestly, at this point I'm over it. Is it too late to get the charges reversed on paypal?
Sale Thread

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 14:21:25 »
It's too late to reverse the charges.
I would say all you can do now is wait, as I know SPRiT you can have a nice suprise :)
I have also an order pending, for me is my second or even third order with SPRiT. So far for it has been a nice experience and always a pleasure to talk with SPRiT. I can say I miss our chats, haven't heard anything from him for almost 2 months :(
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline skaloola

« Reply #517 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 11:03:50 »
sooo, maybe the OP should be edited w/ some warning or something?

I was about to place an order before I figured I'd read through the thread to answer some questions I had.. and even then, I'm lucky I saw the last couple pages.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #518 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 12:48:58 »
Last time I spike to SPRiT it was August. Now it's October and no update, I hope he is OK because I really wish to get my order. Have caps and switches waiting for this PCB :(

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #519 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 12:56:50 »
Seeing the PCB's and products from another GB shipped while other orders remain undelivered makes me sad. I've always considered SPRiT a good friend and if something is wrong he can tell me, but this silence :( Anyway I hope he is OK and in good health.

Offline twk

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:21:53 »
I ordered a PCB and some LEDs from the extras. I recieved and paid the invoice two months ago. A month ago I emailed and asked for a tracking number or status update and I haven't gotten any reply. I now know that other buyers have waited longer but I thought that it would be quicker considering I bought extras that was already produced. I don't really mind waiting but it would be nice with an update from SPRiT.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:33:12 »
I don't know what to say. The last time SPRiT visited GH was September 24 . Until a month or two I used to speak with him over e-mail at least a couple of times a week and at some point total silence. I wrote him a couple of e-mails but he never answered any of them.
There are a lot of people that had orders and never got anything delivered. Really don't know what to say about this situation. I had plans with the PCB and plate and some other stuff.
I really hope he is ok and not in some trouble. I still don't think he is a hustler, only he has started something he is not able to finish :(   

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:56:33 »
So Sorry for the long silence!     ;)

I have been hectic with my job in September ~ October since assigned to a new department.

I will do the lest of remaining shipping - less than 6 packages.

Apology for everything!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:30:46 by sprit »

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:00:38 »
woa  :D

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:05:09 »
So Sorry for the long silence! 

I have been hectic with my job in September ~ October since assigned to a new department.

I will focus on the lest of remaining shipping.

Apology for everything!
good to see you back Sprit
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:08:05 »
Whoa... He returns.

Finally. Been aching to order some stabs.
Good to see you back, SPRiT!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:36:02 »
So Sorry for the long silence!     ;)

I will do the lest of remaining shipping - less than 6 packages.

Apology for everything!
Hi man! Glad to see you are OK  :thumb:

Offline Dansor

« Reply #527 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:10:39 »
Sprit, I am very glad you are around and doing well.
But is there any chance you could post to one of your other group buys where people have been waiting literally 2+ years for their orders?

Thanks, and really, I'm glad you're ok and back around.

Offline jlor

« Reply #528 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 01:44:56 »
Sprit, I am very glad you are around and doing well.
But is there any chance you could post to one of your other group buys where people have been waiting literally 2+ years for their orders?

Thanks, and really, I'm glad you're ok and back around.

Seconded. The Model 1,2,3 thread needs some Sprit-love.

Offline gimpster

« Reply #529 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:41:20 »
Here's the link since you apparently forgot how to find the thread.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.0

Paid: Dec 18th, 2013

I would strongly urge anyone reading this thread to not order anything else from Sprit until he fulfills all outstanding orders.
-Ryan

Offline Digitize

« Reply #530 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:41:47 »

I would strongly urge anyone reading this thread to not order anything else from Sprit until he fulfills all outstanding orders.
Thanks for the heads up. I was curious if i should pay my invoice on something i ordered back around August on his google form. Was quite hesitant seeing he was gone for so long to only come back now. I am even more surprised you guys waited for over 2+ years on that particular group buy.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #531 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:59:14 »

Thanks for the heads up. I was curious if i should pay my invoice on something i ordered back around August on his google form. Was quite hesitant seeing he was gone for so long to only come back now. I am even more surprised you guys waited for over 2+ years on that particular group buy.

Sadly, there is little option other than to wait and hope. The nature of these group buys is such that they frequently take longer than expected, and usually last beyond PayPal's dispute period. A large amount of trust is placed in these organizers, and a lot of leeway is given with delays, as these are generally run by fellow enthusiasts. In almost every case, that trust and leeway are deserved, and they come through, even if it takes longer than is first planned.

In this situation, for the first 18 months, Sprit would post with relative frequency and reply to personal messages. Many of these turned out to be misleading, such as promises that orders were packaged and ready to ship the next day and then neve received or updated.  But, some orders were still shipped, so people just hoped and trusted Sprit would come through. However, for the past 6+ months, he has not responded to personal messages about old orders, replied to emails, or posted in their threads.

In my opinion, intentions aside, Sprit has abused the trust built by the hard work and sweat of other organizers. That is, to me, inexcusable and an abuse of the community, and worse than simply stealing hundreds of dollars or more from members.

In any case, as it has been for two years, all we can do now is wait. What is the alternative?
It is possible he will come around and ship or refund these orders. Even now he appears to be shipping some orders, and that gives people just enough hope to keep waiting, I suppose.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #532 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:49:06 »
have no idea why the mods have not edited the OP with a warning not to order.  sometime back i was close to submitting an order, but started reading through the 11 pages to find my answer

same deal with some other threads

edit: i think it was one of his other threads actually, but it would be nice if there were some kind of sticky on the top of the GB forum, post title modified with a warning of some sort, and/or OP has a prominent warning displayed at the very top of the post.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:51:54 by skaloola »

Offline mesteris

« Reply #533 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 23:34:06 »
have no idea why the mods have not edited the OP with a warning not to order.  sometime back i was close to submitting an order, but started reading through the 11 pages to find my answer

same deal with some other threads

edit: i think it was one of his other threads actually, but it would be nice if there were some kind of sticky on the top of the GB forum, post title modified with a warning of some sort, and/or OP has a prominent warning displayed at the very top of the post.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36773.0

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #534 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 13:01:53 »
Dear SPRiT, I want my stuff please.

Offline rddm

« Reply #535 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 08:41:49 »

sprit send me an invoice today and reply all my emails. Try to talk with him
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 09:05:03 by rddm »

Offline lol

« Reply #536 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:29:25 »

Try to talk with him

:))

I am greatly curious as to what you ordered and how you obtained his email.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #537 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:33:33 »
I have wrote him tons of e-mails he just doesn't answer. In the mean time he talks with other users and takes orders. I can't describe how I feel right now!!! It's ****ed up that's what it is. There is no excuse for this, and I the IDIOT stood up for him and called him a friend.... serves me right, I was an imbecile that's what I was

Offline rddm

« Reply #538 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:38:06 »
In paypal invoice, there was an email. I'm taking a pcb, plate, stabs and springs.

Offline lol

« Reply #539 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:40:32 »
In paypal invoice, there was an email. I'm taking a pcb, plate, stabs and springs.

Pretty much what I assumed then. Sprit is for sure still taking new orders and will respond to messages only if it means securing a new payment. Have you bothered to go through the history of these buys?

Offline rddm

« Reply #540 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:43:22 »
Well I know the history, I don't let pass more than 30 days till I get a shipping tracking.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #541 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:44:04 »

I've emailed him at that address, and gotten no response.
He is very "particular" as to whom and when he responds.
I'd ask you to ask him directly for us what is going on, but that's not your responsibility.
I would, however, recommend that you not order anything from him.  He has proven unreliable, and he should not be rewarded with further orders.
Even if you get yours, you are supporting him.  But I know it's hard to find some parts everywhere so it can feel worth the gamble.

I almost forgot, I hit my 2-year Sprit order anniversary, and probably a year or so since any direct contact.  Yay?

I know the mods want to, and generally should, stay out of these issues, but I really think Sprit should be shut down.
He's making money and yet refusing to even refund or acknowledge old orders.   It's absurd.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #542 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:48:02 »
I have wrote him tons of e-mails he just doesn't answer. In the mean time he talks with other users and takes orders. I can't describe how I feel right now!!! It's ****ed up that's what it is. There is no excuse for this, and I the IDIOT stood up for him and called him a friend.... serves me right, I was an imbecile that's what I was

I just have to respond separately to thins.
DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT ABOUT YOURSELF.
I know you feel taken, but everything Sprit has done is on him.  If he took advantage of your friendship, you should still be proud knowing that you tried to be a good friend.
You should never be ashamed of that.

The community here at GeekHack has been amazing in the time I've been here, and you are part of that.  Don't let one person's poor behavior sour your outlook on yourself or the community.

EDIT: I have to make one further point on this, whether or not anyone really reads it :P
The sort of thing that DanielT said is exactly why I'm so angry about what's going on with Sprit and why I cannot let it go.  Frankly, my ~$300 is almost certainly gone, and I'm actually "OK" with that.
What really makes me angry is that by doing this, and selectively responding to people that he feels inclined to fulfill order for, Sprit is taking advantage of the good will built up by the community and other group buy organizers and basically <redacted> on it.

Melodramatic?  Me?  Nooooooooo :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 10:52:53 by Dansor »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #543 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 11:27:05 »
You are right... but sometimes all the **** just piles up...
For the ones thinking about joining this GB I will repeat what others said, don't order and if you still want to if you don't get your stuff within the PayPal safety period issue a refund don't do like us :(

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:38:55 »
Hi!  Guys!   ;)

It was an order form sent during last two months.  I felt I need to response to several. 

I got extras from this GB to meet the factory MOQs.   

But No new GB will open, until the the remaining shippings from the previous GB have shipped out, as I posted.

I am talking and emailing to people.

Really Sorry for bad things! 
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 20:23:47 by sprit »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:46:02 »
Hi!  Guys!   ;)

It was an order form sent during last two months.  I felt I need to response. 

I got extras from this GB to meet the factory MOQs.   

But No new GB will happen until the the remaining shippings from the previous GB have shipped out, as I posted.

I am talking and emailing to people.

Really Sorry for bad things!

Glad the final orders are going out, and looking forward to being able to order more gold springs and stabs.

Offline jlor

« Reply #546 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 00:57:41 »

You acted on the information you had. That's all people can do, don't beat yourself up for being a good person.
Back then you defended him in a levelheaded way. You didn't jump down anyone's throat and acknowledged others opinion.

We knew you were wrong, but no one blamed you man.. Sprit played you just as much as he played us.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 03:12:04 »

You acted on the information you had. That's all people can do, don't beat yourself up for being a good person.
Back then you defended him in a levelheaded way. You didn't jump down anyone's throat and acknowledged others opinion.

We knew you were wrong, but no one blamed you man.. Sprit played you just as much as he played us.
It seems that after my comments I got some reaction, received an e-mail that my order is being packed.. to be honest at this moment I will believe only when I see the stuff on my door step... I am a patient man, with understanding for real life problems. I've too changed jobs and moved to another country, but still I could find the time for other things. We'll see how it goes.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #548 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 08:06:57 »
It seems that after my comments I got some reaction, received an e-mail that my order is being packed.. to be honest at this moment I will believe only when I see the stuff on my door step... I am a patient man, with understanding for real life problems. I've too changed jobs and moved to another country, but still I could find the time for other things. We'll see how it goes.

I hope you get your order.  Sadly, this seems to be the MO.  Enough stink gets made, and he does just enough to quiet things down.
Still no response here, but maybe I've been critical enough that in another year or two I'll get a package from sprit, open it up, and it'll be one of those confetti bombs.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #549 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 20:12:40 »
Sprit told me via pm my order was being packed and would be shipping in a few days in July. I don't mind waiting, I do mind bull****.
Sale Thread