Author Topic: RAMA WAVE ANODIZED SPACE GREY CNC KEYCAP (SHIPPING)  (Read 76534 times)

Offline Data

Re: RAMA WAVE ANODIZED SPACE GREY CNC KEYCAP (12 Hours left!)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 11:34:32 »
I just wanted to stop by and say that your renders are spectacular :o

Oh thanks heaps mate!
Rendering is super important in my career to portray/present my designs before they're manufactured, so I appreciate the kind words!!  ;D 

Also, the QAZ30 Enclosure has been machined! Still needs to be bead-blasted and anodized :D

Show Image

That is some fine machining.  Don't media-blast it!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 11:59:54 »
Haha, all good guys. Regardless this is a pretty cool keycap. Just wanted to make a request for our people. :)

My favourite keyboard layouts are 75%, 1800, and I would love to have something for it. :thumb:

Rama seems really good with requests and has made changes pretty often it seems, so I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

And speaking of 1800 layout, what is a good board to give it a try?  I think I would really like one at work but don't know which one would be good to start with.

I'd rather not chat on someone's thread and derail it too much, but check out Cherry 1800 cases with Leeku 1800 PCB. It looks original but with the added benefits of all the custom keyboard customization (layouts, keymapping), as well as backlight support.

Cool thanks for the tip, I'll check it out :)

Back on track, when does this actually close today Rama?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:20:41 »
Haha, all good guys. Regardless this is a pretty cool keycap. Just wanted to make a request for our people. :)

My favourite keyboard layouts are 75%, 1800, and I would love to have something for it. :thumb:

Rama seems really good with requests and has made changes pretty often it seems, so I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

And speaking of 1800 layout, what is a good board to give it a try?  I think I would really like one at work but don't know which one would be good to start with.

I'd rather not chat on someone's thread and derail it too much, but check out Cherry 1800 cases with Leeku 1800 PCB. It looks original but with the added benefits of all the custom keyboard customization (layouts, keymapping), as well as backlight support.

Cool thanks for the tip, I'll check it out :)

Back on track, when does this actually close today Rama?
Haha no worries mate :)

Woops! Fell asleep last night, it is now closed :) Have sent the order to the manufacturer with a few extras so I don't make a mistake of leaving someone out like last time! :'(
 I can now also do a giveaway which I've been wanting to do as well with some of the extra stock and give back to the community :D

Show Image

That is some fine machining.  Don't media-blast it!

HAHA I love that gif so much.
Yeah I REALLY love seeing the machine lines, they look so beautiful to me. If anything I'd beadblast the outer surfaces and leave the inside with all the machine lines  :o

I would probably buy one if it was in Cherry profile, but I haven't used OEM profile and don't have a set of keycaps or keyboard that uses it.

Maybe consider making a Cherry profile and a lot more serious enthusiasts will be on board.
Maybe consider making a Cherry profile and a lot more serious enthusiasts will be on board.
I have pestered Rama on several occasions about this. He doesn't even have a cherry profile set yet, but is getting one soon!

Haha yes! Cherry is definitely in the pipeline, as soon as I get myself a set I will get measuring!

I will make it my duty that my next sale will be... wait for it... CHERRY PROFILE.

I've done it to myself now, now I have to deliver  :))

Def want one as well. I think it might be in the works, as well as the TMX version.
OH man, I'd really love to put TMX into this, and I would. But I'm going to have to think about it a bit :(
It's really difficult to machine TMX due to its undercuts (with the walls shielding most tools from entering) and the metal itself won't readily flex to allow for it to push over the snap point  :-\

The only way I can see it being possible is to:
1) have the stem as a sort of insert
2) Make it a friction fit instead of a snapfit. Which of course, will definitely work, but it could fall out easily :/

But yeah, it would be DOPE  :p Cherry first, lets see how it goes :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline qazeqaz

Re: RAMA WAVE ANODIZED SPACE GREY CNC KEYCAP (ORDER THROUGH TO MANUFACTURER)
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:23:23 »
Could leave the lines on the inside. They don't bother me at all! And yeah bro TMX dem caps yo!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:30:05 »
Could leave the lines on the inside. They don't bother me at all! And yeah bro TMX dem caps yo!

Hahaha whatever you want Qaz! I will look into tmxerizing :P

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:30:42 »
Stop being so wonderfully nice, Rama. >:(

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:37:28 »
Stop being so wonderfully nice, Rama. >:(

haha ><" the people have spoken, they want Cherry!

I need to get myself an MX board for testing now :P

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:49:19 »
You like them Blues bro use them. I have given in to the Z switches... And circle innards looks cool IMO.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:53:09 »
You like them Blues bro use them. I have given in to the Z switches... And circle innards looks cool IMO.

Oh **** what am I talking about. MFW I have an M10 I can use for testing  :)) :)
Zeals definitely look sweet, no doubt! Gotta give them a proper test soon  ;)

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:34:31 »
what about the M10-A dude! it looks dope! I went to the page and clicked preorder but the link just took me to the keycap site.
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:09:23 »
what about the M10-A dude! it looks dope! I went to the page and clicked preorder but the link just took me to the keycap site.

plz Rama
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 18:30:27 »

Hey what! There shouldn't be a preorder page anywhere :o (unless you sneakily went to Machine Industries website?  :)) )

Thanks though man! Really hate keeping people waiting for it, I mean the enclosure has been ready to go for MONTHS now, just held up on the software side - had to change the way we're doing some things but I think it's coming close to completion now.
When I say "we" I really mean Machine Industries (I believe he goes by 27percent on the forums), he's been putting a lot of hard work to make sure that it's a painless process to program this thing and make it a smooth experience! Would love to release it as soon as possible, but, unfortunately, we're all going to have to wait until everything is ironed out and working as expected. Would never want to release a half-done product :S

I mean as it stands now, we could use existing software/programming platforms and be done with it (and it would work perfectly)- but we want to put something new in which I think people will like (and it's going to be opensource too so other members of the community can utilise it for their own purposes/projects!)

plz Rama

hehe on it bro!  ;)

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 10:54:32 »

Hey what! There shouldn't be a preorder page anywhere :o (unless you sneakily went to Machine Industries website?  :)) )

Thanks though man! Really hate keeping people waiting for it, I mean the enclosure has been ready to go for MONTHS now, just held up on the software side - had to change the way we're doing some things but I think it's coming close to completion now.
When I say "we" I really mean Machine Industries (I believe he goes by 27percent on the forums), he's been putting a lot of hard work to make sure that it's a painless process to program this thing and make it a smooth experience! Would love to release it as soon as possible, but, unfortunately, we're all going to have to wait until everything is ironed out and working as expected. Would never want to release a half-done product :S

I mean as it stands now, we could use existing software/programming platforms and be done with it (and it would work perfectly)- but we want to put something new in which I think people will like (and it's going to be opensource too so other members of the community can utilise it for their own purposes/projects!)

plz Rama

hehe on it bro!  ;)

wow this is an attitude i will support wholeheartedly. will you be opening the whole thing (case cad files, pcb files, software) or just a part of it?

Open source really brings a lot to this community, thanks for the hard work!

p.s. im happy to beta test anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline mteinum

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:38:18 »
Look what the cat dragged in!  ;D

RAMA KEYCAP 01 by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

RAMA-PCB-4%-KB by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Let me fire up that solder iron.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:41:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Rama's presentation might be just as good as the cap itself.  :eek:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 18:51:33 »
wow this is an attitude i will support wholeheartedly. will you be opening the whole thing (case cad files, pcb files, software) or just a part of it?

Open source really brings a lot to this community, thanks for the hard work!

p.s. im happy to beta test anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aww thanks heaps mate! Yes absolutely, the board eagle files, a 3d printable case (in a few different variations, including a laser cut version) and the software :D

Machine Industries has done a fantastic job with the software side of things, and I cannot wait to show it off and start to let other people incorporate it with their own projects, would be great to see  :D

Show Image

Show Image

Wow mteinum your photos never seize to amaze me. In fact it always makes me want to buy whatever is in it. For example this photo (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mortenteinum/27059135623/) I bought those two items  :)) :))
You have an amazing eye for photography, very impressed!

Rama's presentation might be just as good as the cap itself.  :o

Wow I think it's more mteinum's eye for photography, it makes it look great! I need to step up my photography game  :o

Offline boo

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 02:45:25 »
Rama, any plans to release more key caps in different colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 02:49:39 »

Hey boo, definitely! I won't be revisiting old colours from before though. May look into doing more anodised colors :)

For those interested, here are photos I got of the QAZ30 prototype, the currently released space grey cap will be the same finish and color!

Offline boo

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 09:57:04 »
Holy... That's amazing.

Offline Data

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 16:29:27 »
OK, I take everything back.  That's some damn fine anodizing.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 23:04:10 »

Hey boo, definitely! I won't be revisiting old colours from before though. May look into doing more anodised colors :)

For those interested, here are photos I got of the QAZ30 prototype, the currently released space grey cap will be the same finish and color!
Show Image

Show Image

breh...

:eek:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 08:55:01 »
Holy... That's amazing.
Heh, thanks heaps dude! Really happy with how it came out, I think the same level of beadblasting is going to look great on the caps :D

OK, I take everything back.  That's some damn fine anodizing.

Haha oh yeah man! I agree with you before though, mediablasting can look pretty terrible if done incorrectly, cheap even! It's such a shame hiding the beautiful machine patterns sometimes :P I think it turned out nicely though :)
breh...

:eek:

hehe oh man, I'm so excited to get it in my hands, probably this week. I will take some much much nicer photos.. oh... and install the window O_O Cannot wait to see it all together! :D

Offline mteinum

Re: RAMA WAVE ANODIZED SPACE GREY CNC KEYCAP
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 11:26:08 »
Not missing this round.

Love your design!
Cheers mate and thanks for all the orders, I will ship the poster this week :D

... and boom! It's here! Very cool  :thumb:

RAMA PRINT-SE-RAG-SSKL-M-WY-01 by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

RAMA SSK POSTER SE LEGEND 01 by Morten Teinum, on Flickr
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:19:43 by mteinum »

Offline Data

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:20:48 »
Now I want a framed print of a keyboard.  :confused:

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:48:47 »
Need a framed QAZ30 print me thinks.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 19:33:41 »
Not missing this round.

Love your design!

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.. again... AMAZING photos as usual mate, thanks so much for these! Looks so much better framed! Love it!

Now I want a framed print of a keyboard.  ???
Yeah I usually have them on and off on my website, kind of just want to wait until I have a proper shipping carrier in place before I start reselling it :(

Ohhh, I didn't even think of that! I'll draw it up mate :)

Offline Data

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 20:08:55 »
Not missing this round.

Love your design!

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.. again... AMAZING photos as usual mate, thanks so much for these! Looks so much better framed! Love it!

Now I want a framed print of a keyboard.  ???
Yeah I usually have them on and off on my website, kind of just want to wait until I have a proper shipping carrier in place before I start reselling it :(

Ohhh, I didn't even think of that! I'll draw it up mate :)
The SSK is great. Have you thought about doing other vintage boards?  The Symbolics board might look good in that format.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 20:42:04 »
The SSK is great. Have you thought about doing other vintage boards?  The Symbolics board might look good in that format.

Show Image

WOW, god damn that board is amazing, that border holy****. I'll draw that up when I have some time, I love it! Now I really want that board, more so than an SSK now O_O

Thanks Data, new goals  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 21:42:09 »
Damn. Someone should make a case like that. Instabuy, no regrets.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 21:48:23 »

I'd honestly do it, something of that proportion with a HHKB layout board in the center. Would be so outrageous and amazing at the same time  :p

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 21:53:23 »

It's bezelicious.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 21:56:02 »
Not missing this round.

Love your design!

Show Image

Show Image

this listening room makes me happy.

dat wallpaper tho. so nice
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 21:58:14 »
I love me some thick bezels. If something like that could be made for 60%/HHKB, I'd buy it. Add in an optional RGB diffuser and you can call me Shirley.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 23:20:00 »

It's bezelicious.
Bezels are such a turn on  :-X

this listening room makes me happy.

dat wallpaper tho. so nice

Goddamn, yeah that listening room looks so dope  :o :o

I love me some thick bezels. If something like that could be made for 60%/HHKB, I'd buy it. Add in an optional RGB diffuser and you can call me Shirley.

It does sound like a really fun project - I'll look into it :D wouldn't be hard to do - I think the HHKB layout is the next one I'm going to do anyways :D

Offline Data

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 06:45:15 »

Show Image

WOW, god damn that board is amazing, that border holy****. I'll draw that up when I have some time, I love it! Now I really want that board, more so than an SSK now O_O

Thanks Data, new goals  :))

:thumb:

^ No idea why the thumb smilie randomly stops working.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 06:52:26 »
You guys and your exceptionally large bezels :confused:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 01:42:21 »
Hi all!!

Okay so a majority of the caps have been completed through manufacturing, but 10 or so failed quality check with the anodising - so those are going to be completely redone (will take about 2-3 days).
Then they will all be shipped to me and I will be shipping them out! Expect them to be shipped in the following 2 weeks :) The quality on these key caps is at a much higher level than R1 and I can't wait for people to get their hands on them and use it :D

Thanks,

RAMA
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 01:49:34 by KingRama »

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 01:44:09 »
Hi all!!

Okay so a majority of the caps have been completed through manufacturing, but 10 or so failed quality check with the anodising - so those are going to be completely redone (will take about 2-3 days).
Then they will all be shipped to me and I will be shipping them out! Expect them to be shipped in the following 2 weeks :)[/size]The quality on these key caps is at a much higher level than R1 and I can't wait for people to get their hands on them and use it :D

Thanks,

RAMA

Good stuff worth waiting  ;D
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 01:50:14 »
Good stuff worth waiting  ;D

Cheers mate, apologies for the wait - you will love them I hope! :D

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 09:36:00 »
Thanks for the update and good work as always RAMA, I've got a place ready for them when they get here :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 19:37:59 »
Thanks for the update and good work as always RAMA, I've got a place ready for them when they get here :)

Thanks heaps mate! Can't wait to see what you have planned for it :D

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 08:43:43 »
Beautiful Rama !!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 19:10:31 »
Beautiful Rama !!

Cheers mate! Thanks heaps :)

Offline boo

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 22:44:58 »
hype is real! can't wait!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 19:26:48 »
hype is real! can't wait!

Thanks boo :3 Yeah I'm super excited to get these in and ship them out. Looks like they'll be in this week :D

Offline boo

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 15:21:05 »
Hey Rama,

Are we getting shipping notices this week?  :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 19:23:55 »
Hey Rama,

Hey again boo :3 I should be receiving them this week, there was a problem with customs - but I just checked the tracking then and it looks like it's on board for delivery today!!
So during this week I'll package them all then promptly have them shipped out :D

Apologies all for the wait, I really don't like to keep people waiting, but it will be worth it!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 19:45:24 »
Hey Rama,

Hey again boo :3 I should be receiving them this week, there was a problem with customs - but I just checked the tracking then and it looks like it's on board for delivery today!!
So during this week I'll package them all then promptly have them shipped out :D

Apologies all for the wait, I really don't like to keep people waiting, but it will be worth it!

Goddamn bevo causing hold ups in customs

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 20:16:50 »
Hey Rama,

Goddamn bevo causing hold ups in customs

Lmao exactly what I was thinking  :)) :))

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 21:37:59 »
Hey Rama,

Thanks for the update, can't wait for them to come!