Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2774312 times)

Offline bananasplit_00

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #6400 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:19:52 »
I am finally back to using my Budget96 with its cheapo china caps and gat silent browns ;D Love this thing so much, its much improved after its deep clean!

Offline Rich Carpenter

« Reply #6401 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 02:14:25 »
Home: Leopold 750R
Work: My custom mechkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #6402 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 15:18:02 »
Preonic. Was using my first mechanical keyboard, KBD75, and got a Preonic because really I just thought it looked cool with the Red Samurai caps. But holy hell is this thing rad. Haven't touched my KBD75 since I put the preonic together and I'm not looking back. Ortho for life. Next is a Boardwalk, a Boardrun.

Offline abhixec

« Reply #6403 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 00:09:20 »
Mini niu and gh 60 satan

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6404 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 04:00:51 »
Keycult no. 1, poly half plate with 63.5g clears
I love Elzy

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6405 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 07:09:37 »
Logitech Rugged Education combo with membrane B)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6406 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 08:04:14 »

Dude, please get a mechanical board. Or don't write every keyboard you use in your classes... It's getting a bit annoying.  :p
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline zslane

« Reply #6407 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 12:30:53 »
(At work) AoPo 108 with Box Browns and SA Dasher caps:

231718-0

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: What Keyboard You Using?
« Reply #6408 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 13:56:34 »
Hello, i guess this makes my first post on GH

I alternate between these three boards I own, some specs:
Top:
  • Ortholinear 50% Alps board I designed, it's open source
  • Handwired, stainless plate, printed ABS sandwich-mount case
  • Alps Cream Dampened switches
  • Apple AEK-II keycaps
Middle:
  • Columnar stagger 40% board I designed, it's also open source
  • Handwired, aluminum plate, stacked acrylic case, LED underglow
  • Kailh Box Navy switches
  • AliExpress dyesub PBT keycaps
Bottom:
  • YMDK40 Case, PCB, Plate
  • Kailh Box Burnt Orange switches
  • SP SA Lime keycaps
Show Image

Looks clean .

Damn looks real good, kinda want one 😎

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6409 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 11:11:25 »
Macbook air keyboard :P :P :P
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #6410 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 00:15:57 »
Modecom Volcano Blade (https://modecom.com/en/volcano-blade/) — blue slim Kailhs.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #6411 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 02:24:45 »
For a first time I'm typing on Realforce R2.
I bought it lately and using it for a first time - R2 TKL 55g.
...and I gotta say - Sweet mother of all that is pure (or something like that ;)) R2 is AMAZING !!!
R2 feels a LOT different/better than R1! I thought I won't feel the difference, that it would be the same, but jeeeeeeeez...

Not only it looks amazing, but it feels so nice.
Its not the silenced version, its regular, but I bet they lubed all the stabs, as mods and space bar makes so nice sound and no rattle.
Oh man, this thock thock... Seriously, I think I just felt a teeny-tiny orgasm.... :eek:
Yes, I'm a topre lover ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2019, 02:26:58 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline getmekd

« Reply #6412 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 05:33:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Did you have any qc issues that people are reporting about that keyboard?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6413 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 11:18:30 »

Dude, please get a mechanical board. Or don't write every keyboard you use in your classes... It's getting a bit annoying.  :p

Do you know how i'm supposed to pair my Corsair K63 wireless along with the reciever for my ipad? I might have to get an adapter.

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #6414 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 12:02:16 »
...and I gotta say - Sweet mother of all that is pure (or something like that ;)) R2 is AMAZING !!!
R2 feels a LOT different/better than R1! I thought I won't feel the difference, that it would be the same, but jeeeeeeeez...

Show Image

Its not the silenced version, its regular, but I bet they lubed all the stabs, as mods and space bar makes so nice sound and no rattle.
Oh man, this thock thock... Seriously, I think I just felt a teeny-tiny orgasm.... :eek:

Show Image

So tempted now. I still have my R1s and bought them when they were still under $300. Now I'm having second thoughts, and this is on the 55g version. Mine smoothed out overtime, but I'm excited to see that there is a quality difference and it would still be worth a try in the future for me.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline zslane

« Reply #6415 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 12:07:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Did you have any qc issues that people are reporting about that keyboard?

I haven't had any issues with it so far. It's been my daily driver at work for about a month now. The only thing I did to it programming-wise (using their software) was turn off the RGB LEDs.

Installing the Box Brown switches was easy and drama-less. Trying to install Zilents was another matter. All I can say is that I don't recommend trying to install the kind fo switches that have the long contact pins and two plastic stand-off legs (which, even after you snip them off, make them a poor fit for the PCB).

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #6416 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 05:47:38 »

(Modecom is a company from Central Europe — either Poland or Slovakia, I don't even know, and their website doesn't seem to provide the information. They've mostly been making power supplies for centuries now, the best of nonames with a name. They've made keyboards too but only lately mechanical ones, along with the full gamut of gaming gear just like anybody else. The Volcano Blade is a low-profile series that's also light — half a kilogram — and looks and feels a bit plasticky, though it's classy without closer inspection. Basically value segment with occasional appeal to either the enthusiast or the budget sector when they come up with something interesting and comfortably priced. This board cost me $25 shipped NIB.)

So, guys, after a day or two of using it, I must say the feel is quite extraordinary.

With blue 'chocs' (low-profile 'slim' Kailhs) it's great for relatively lazy typing, as if you don't go much above 60 wpm, you can have a relatively crispy but fluid experience with few errors and much finger fatigue.

It's not comparable to many things in life except for the feel of a new Cherry MX blue keyboard with a little of the browns feel added.

Subjectively, I feel I get faster results when I just forget about the board and lose myself in the typing.

However, the speed subjectively feels like a limiting factor. Hence browns would be better and reds probably ideal.

Will probably be able to tell more after a couple of weeks, as my fingers are still adjusting — which is an easier process than with e.g. full-sized browns or even full-sized blues.

What I do like is that while you occasionally bottom out on this, it's more forgiving than most other tactile switches in existence.

Typing without bottoming out on this, however, is extra tricky. And so far it's slower than on a tall blue board.

Another plus: while not silent, it's far more bearable than full-sized blues, or full-sized anything, can be. The sound is very similar to the Ornata Chroma from Razer but quieter and less intrusive.

I often use ear plugs at work, and with ear plugs any high-pitched sound from this board is completely insulated, while only a quiet machine-gun sort of feel, typing of blues, remains. The sound of bottoming out repeatedly on something like an arrow key is comparable to a quiet but springy rubber dome.

I wonder why Cherry won't make low-profile blues.

But, the biggest effect this board has had on me so far is the one of making me wonder how it would feel with reds or browns, both of which they also make. However, I'm not really a big fan of Kailh browns, having owned them in full-sized version. Still, I think the problems I didn't like should probably be nonexistent on the 'slim' version — though could be wrong.

Well, I guess I'll have to test.

Offline mizer357

« Reply #6417 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 07:26:38 »

DZ60RGB + 67g Zealios v2 + Grid 600

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6418 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 07:51:24 »
Using a Corsair K63 with MX Reds, and DSA caps

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #6419 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:45:03 »
Show Image

DZ60RGB + 67g Zealios v2 + Grid 600

Looks deliciously 1990s.

Offline AJM

« Reply #6420 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 11:59:24 »
Just put my Vortex ViBE I use at work in an Apple M0110A case, like I've done for my home keyboard some time ago.

231954-0
231956-1
231958-2

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6421 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:54:39 »
Just put my Vortex ViBE I use at work in an Apple M0110A case, like I've done for my home keyboard some time ago.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

WOW I love the sculpting of those keycaps! Reminds me of the m0110a... oh that's what it's supposed to look like  :p

Offline ScarletSwordfish

« Reply #6422 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:35:04 »
At work: Microsoft Natural 4000
At home: Apple Extended Keyboard with Griffin iMate at my desk, MacBook Pro's built-in scissor switches everywhere else in the house (which is most of the time)

Offline dennis97519

« Reply #6423 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 00:36:59 »
WASD v2 full size with Cherry MX clear

love the keyfeel

planning to build a KBD75-like layout keyboard with Kailh choc and bluetooth low energy, since my laptop uses a similar layout and it makes a lot of sense in the placement of the navigation keys
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 00:40:13 by dennis97519 »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6424 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 12:55:01 »
At work: Microsoft Natural 4000
At home: Apple Extended Keyboard with Griffin iMate at my desk, MacBook Pro's built-in scissor switches everywhere else in the house (which is most of the time)

Scissor switches :eek:  :eek:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6425 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 13:50:36 »
Work setup rn.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6426 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 14:11:51 »
Work setup rn.

Show Image

Very nice! I haven't seen another Tris out in the wild for quite some time. That Fn being the wrong profile would annoy the living hell out of me.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6427 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 14:24:12 »
Work setup rn.

Show Image

Very nice! I haven't seen another Tris out in the wild for quite some time. That Fn being the wrong profile would annoy the living hell out of me.

I did it on purpose. This way I could feel for the Backspace (Delete) without having to look.
Thinking about it, I wonder if I should've swapped Backspace and Fn. I put the Backspace there because that's where the Realforce 23u has it, but maybe I should've put it at the far right so I could hit it without looking down.

But so far I'm doing fine with it there, so I probably needn't worry. The wrong-profile Fn definitely helps, though.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6428 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 14:38:22 »
Work setup rn.

Show Image

I did it on purpose. This way I could feel for the Backspace (Delete) without having to look.
Thinking about it, I wonder if I should've swapped Backspace and Fn. I put the Backspace there because that's where the Realforce 23u has it, but maybe I should've put it at the far right so I could hit it without looking down.

But so far I'm doing fine with it there, so I probably needn't worry. The wrong-profile Fn definitely helps, though.

That makes sense. From left to right, the top row on my Tris is Esc, (, ), and then a toggle Fn to switch to a secondary layer. I love having the macros to make the parenthesis. I still need to need to practice using the Numpad with my left hand. I really enjoy the ability to use the Numpad and my mouse at the same time.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6429 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 18:37:48 »
Work setup rn.

Show Image

That makes sense. From left to right, the top row on my Tris is Esc, (, ), and then a toggle Fn to switch to a secondary layer. I love having the macros to make the parenthesis. I still need to need to practice using the Numpad with my left hand. I really enjoy the ability to use the Numpad and my mouse at the same time.

It's definitely a learning curve on the left side, but after two days I'm already noticing improvement. I remember learning to use the num pad on the right for the first time years ago and it took almost a week to perfect it, but ever since I just couldn't type numbers any other way. It's so much faster and more efficient to use a num pad.

One thing I may look into is somehow incorporating a space bar, but not sure how. Otherwise, I like the layout as is.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6430 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 17:41:53 »
Cooler Master Devestator II with Rubber Domes.

The only thing this devstates is my hands.. the tactile bump is so strong that it hurts.. D:

Offline Aelon

« Reply #6431 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 10:05:31 »
Merry Christmas Everybody :)

My Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition keyboard finally just arrived now and it seems I will be using this keyboard nowadays :)

It has super smooth Linear optical switches with Doubleshot PBT keycaps.
I am impressed by the build quality of this keyboard and I think it's not as loud as people say... At least I was expecting it to be much more louder.

My only complaint is, since it's a gaming keyboard, it's switches have very high 1mm actuation point therefore I make lots of typos :) I hope I get used to it soon.

Before that, since March 2019,  my previous keyboard was also Razer Huntsman with this time clicky optical switches. It is full size tough. This one is tenkeyless. My very first tenkeyless keyboard since like 20~30 years maybe :)

Oh by the way: I got the US ISO layout one.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6432 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 09:06:01 »
My current setup I use daily and am typing on right now is this F122 and Unicomp M122 on top of each other for different ergonomics throughout a day. It's a ton of keyboard, but the range of different inputs really helps my arms which are almost certainly developing RSI. I plan on going to a doctor about it when my new good insurance kicks in. (American)
232601-0

But in terms of feel, the F122 is king for me, the M122 is really good, and my poor Ducky Yellow edition is now in the closet until a time that it is needed again.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 December 2019, 00:11:56 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6433 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 11:19:14 »
232635-0

Kilppe-T case (set up as 4 point mount)
Instant60 Tsangan edition PCB
Brass universal plate
Gateron Yellows lubed with GPL107
C3Equalz screw in stabilizers lubed with GPL205G0
MKultra 4mm case foam
GMK SkIIdata keycaps
Getting drawn over to the light linear life it seems. Finally decided to give some Gat yellows a try in this build & I am falling in love with them lubed with GPL107. Got some Gat blacks & a bunch of packs of TX's springs (50g, 55g, 60g, & 65g) to do some experimenting with so I can sus out what weighting is right for me with linears & eventually rebuild my E6.5 with them.

Offline melgeek

• MelGeek-Keyboards and Peripherals Manufacture
    • MelGeek
« Reply #6434 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 19:48:46 »
MelGeek- aim to bring the joy of using a mechanical keyboard to everyone.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #6435 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 19:51:09 »
(Attachment Link)

Brass universal plate
MKultra 4mm case foam
GMK SkIIdata keycaps
Getting drawn over to the light linear life it seems. Finally decided to give some Gat yellows a try in this build & I am falling in love with them lubed with GPL107. Got some Gat blacks & a bunch of packs of TX's springs (50g, 55g, 60g, & 65g) to do some experimenting with so I can sus out what weighting is right for me with linears & eventually rebuild my E6.5 with them.

I will follow and support your descent into linear life on all platforms. Also SkIIdata is one of those sets I don't really know why I sat out after begging for a rerun from missing the first round.

JTK Charred orange made me really skeptical of orange sets because it came out kinda ugly (IMO). SkIIdata sets always manage to look stunning though.

Offline Jaki1122

« Reply #6436 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 21:34:53 »
I am using one of the bests keyboards ever... An IBM MODEL F XT!!
I restored this beauty not long ago and now I'm enjoying one of the bests switches ever made

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #6437 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 23:14:04 »
I restored this beauty not long ago and now I'm enjoying one of the bests switches ever made

Once you do an F it's hard to go back, but I'm very biased.

You look like you've taken excellent care of it, I hope to have an F like yours someday. :)

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #6438 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 23:30:47 »
LZ SE MP
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6439 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 06:50:47 »

I always think that XT layout rocks.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6440 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 06:58:22 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You should share a typing video. It should sound quite nice.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #6441 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 08:59:56 »
(Attachment Link)

Brass universal plate
MKultra 4mm case foam
GMK SkIIdata keycaps

I was excited to see this for a second because the set looks green and yellow in this picture. Im dissapointed that it's just the lighting now :(

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6442 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 09:59:55 »
(Attachment Link)

Brass universal plate
MKultra 4mm case foam
GMK SkIIdata keycaps

I will follow and support your descent into linear life on all platforms. Also SkIIdata is one of those sets I don't really know why I sat out after begging for a rerun from missing the first round.

JTK Charred orange made me really skeptical of orange sets because it came out kinda ugly (IMO). SkIIdata sets always manage to look stunning though.

LOL, thanks bud! Actually I kinda felt the same about Skidata too. I ended up getting my set second hand for a good deal so I figured why not at the time, even though I didn't think I end up keeping it. After I got it though I really fell in love with it, definitely a softer look than JTK Charred Orange (I don't particularly like that set either) & the little details like the @ symbol on the Q key & the µ on the M key are pretty awesome.

(Attachment Link)

Brass universal plate
MKultra 4mm case foam
GMK SkIIdata keycaps

I was excited to see this for a second because the set looks green and yellow in this picture. I'm disappointed that it's just the lighting now :(

Sorry, yeah the lighting in my room I took the pic in is kinda funky & I'm a terrible photographer.

Offline z-machine

« Reply #6443 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 12:49:52 »
My first mechanical keyboard since I last used one in the 90's (on an IBM PC XT). Coiled cable is DIY from the instructions I found on this forum.  :thumb:

Offline AJM

« Reply #6444 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 03:55:33 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You should share a typing video. It should sound quite nice.

I made a video with my first one, which has lubed Healios (which I prefer in terms of weighting - compared to the lubed Silent black inks in the second one).
The sound is nearly the same:

PS: I totally agree with your opinion about the XT layout.  :thumb:

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #6445 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 09:18:08 »
My first mechanical keyboard since I last used one in the 90's (on an IBM PC XT). Coiled cable is DIY from the instructions I found on this forum.  :thumb:

Is this the new Huntsman?

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #6446 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 10:22:06 »
Going back to my HHKB with BKE Ultra Lights again. Really appreciate this thing so much more now after not using it for a while and getting a new ThinkPad recently (still have my 2017 MacBook Air, but I needed the former as a business laptop). Once my fingers got used to using these again, it doesn't hurt to type at all on these.

In fact, I like the ThinkPad's keyboard too and can really feel a lot of similarities between it and my HHKB to be honest in terms of that light tactility, but I still like the higher travel of this board best. Makes me wanna consider the Leopold again this year too as far as Topre goes.

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 January 2020, 10:24:07 by mkkeyboardvigilante »
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,

Offline dabeshu

« Reply #6447 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 20:04:32 »
Mill-max'd duck sidewinder, alu plate, with lubed tealios (205g0), gmk minimal, neoprene filled spacebar, mkultra plate and case foam, gmk screw-ins (dielectric grease, 205, bandaid). The switches are using 68g s sprit (gpl 105) and are also filmed.

« Reply #6448 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 09:46:05 »
For a brief moment, the keyboard that came on my ThinkPad. Not bad for that modern style of key since there's still that tactility there. Not something I'd use all the time but compared to many other kinds of boards made for laptops, it's much better IMO. I'm even considering picking up the wired version of the board so I can have that experience when I'm on my MacBook Air and still use the Trackpoint. Haha!

Yesterday i was typing for hours on my Wooting One again and getting used to it once more. Very solid board still, but HHKB is still my fave.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6449 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 10:35:11 »

I always think that XT layout rocks.

I would say it rocks rather violently when it causes you to bash it repeatedly against a wall in frustration (I have not actually harmed any poor XT Boards). The AT layout is still just barely usable for me. Start using keyboards before the model M?

My current setup I use daily and am typing on right now is this F122 and Unicomp M122 on top of each other for different ergonomics throughout a day. It's a ton of keyboard, but the range of different inputs really helps my arms which are almost certainly developing RSI. I plan on going to a doctor about it when my new good insurance kicks in. (American)
(Attachment Link)

But in terms of feel, the F122 is king for me, the M122 is really good, and my poor Ducky Yellow edition is now in the closet until a time that it is needed again.

You're dual-wielding the battleship and battlecruiser? That poor desk must want to be set ablaze to be put out of its misery. Are you amassing an invasion fleet?

233292-0

I am using my Leading Edge DC-2014. It could use some more cleaning I suppose, the yellowing stays though. It gives it character. The original cable is safe at home, I just like to lug it around sometimes since it is my only blue alps board.