Author Topic: [GB] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset (BUY ON HOLD, SEE OP)  (Read 54529 times)

Offline Den441

Re: [GB] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset (BUY ON HOLD, SEE OP)
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 21:18:34 »
Look, far be it from me to criticize the moderation team here. I mean, what the hell do I know? But I do know that IC related discussion does not belong in GB threads. And now, this GB is on hold due to a “pretty large backlash?” I’m assuming that “backlash” refers to the discussion in this thread. Discussion which should have never happened or been allowed. I implore the moderation team to take a good look over what happened here. This GB had a proper IC. An IC in which issues brought up in this thread were already discussed. I would say that this very thread is a prime example of why IC discussion is not normally allowed in GB threads. It can make a perfectly fine GB regress back into IC mode for no legitimate reason.  I hope you can get this going again soon OP. I think you have done a great job so far.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 22:33:23 »
Look, far be it from me to criticize the moderation team here. I mean, what the hell do I know? But I do know that IC related discussion does not belong in GB threads. And now, this GB is on hold due to a “pretty large backlash?” I’m assuming that “backlash” refers to the discussion in this thread. Discussion which should have never happened or been allowed. I implore the moderation team to take a good look over what happened here. This GB had a proper IC. An IC in which issues brought up in this thread were already discussed. I would say that this very thread is a prime example of why IC discussion is not normally allowed in GB threads. It can make a perfectly fine GB regress back into IC mode for no legitimate reason.  I hope you can get this going again soon OP. I think you have done a great job so far.

Although there are some poor criticisms in this thread, there's almost no way to get an independently financed, first time member run group buy with no MOQ and confusing pricing off the ground. It wasn't like there were a ton of people jumping out the gate to begin with. Let him refine it and come back.

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 23:03:21 »
Although there are some poor criticisms in this thread, there's almost no way to get an independently financed, first time member run group buy with no MOQ and confusing pricing off the ground. It wasn't like there were a ton of people jumping out the gate to begin with. Let him refine it and come back.
OP said he had nearly 70 orders already. Quite a few for the amount of time it was open...
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2016, 23:19:03 by f1xedgear »

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 00:16:02 »
OP said he had nearly 70 orders already. Quite a few for the amount of time it was open...

Wasn't aware, but we'll if it can go even better next time I guess

Offline hippo008

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:36:02 »
Is there any chance the number row and mods will get traditional dual legends on them? Or will they be left as is?

In the base set they are going to be left alone and stay as is. However maybe in the tweaks Speedbump, harlw, and myself are making we might end up adding them as an additional piece .

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 16:26:58 »
Why can't I enter the Google form? Isn't this supposed to end in two days?

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 16:29:15 »

OP put the buy on hold:

Firstly Id like to say thank you to everybody who was interested in this set as it stands. Ive had quite a few orders, just about 70 kits so far, and thats awesome so many of you wanted to get involved. But I also must say sorry to all of you who put in your orders. Due to the pretty large backlash from the community im putting this buy on hold. I will be working with Harlw and LivingSpeedBump to further refine this set and the groupbuy process to hopefully have this set be better liked and accepted by the community here. All orders as of now will be canceled and the order form is being shut down. In fairness to everybody involved in this, ill be moving back to my Interest Check thread to continue developing this set.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 16:30:06 »

OP put the buy on hold:

Firstly Id like to say thank you to everybody who was interested in this set as it stands. Ive had quite a few orders, just about 70 kits so far, and thats awesome so many of you wanted to get involved. But I also must say sorry to all of you who put in your orders. Due to the pretty large backlash from the community im putting this buy on hold. I will be working with Harlw and LivingSpeedBump to further refine this set and the groupbuy process to hopefully have this set be better liked and accepted by the community here. All orders as of now will be canceled and the order form is being shut down. In fairness to everybody involved in this, ill be moving back to my Interest Check thread to continue developing this set.
Woops, only read the first sentence. Thanks!