Author Topic: [IC] "Team Spirit" - PBT Dye-Sub DSA GeekHack keycaps! (PimpMyKeyboard.com)  (Read 49260 times)

Offline GSimon

Re: [IC] "Team Spirit" - PBT Dye-Sub DSA GeekHack keycaps! (PimpMyKeyboard.com)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:09:14 »
Well, the post that caused me to stop following r/MK was when a guy was bragging about his self love being all over his keyboard before sending it in to be RMA'd. He goes into quite a bit of detail, and needless to say, I was eating. From that day forward, I was done with reddit...clearly there are no restrictions, reminds me of the old Cole Porter song, 'Anything Goes'

I guess you've never come across Elrick's comments, things can get quite sexual here as well:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68198.msg1616256#msg1616256
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51026.msg1612928#msg1612928

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:48:36 »
Well, the post that caused me to stop following r/MK was when a guy was bragging about his self love being all over his keyboard before sending it in to be RMA'd. He goes into quite a bit of detail, and needless to say, I was eating. From that day forward, I was done with reddit...clearly there are no restrictions, reminds me of the old Cole Porter song, 'Anything Goes'

I guess you've never come across Elrick's comments, things can get quite sexual here as well:

I suppose you are thinking I will click those links? Nah.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:58:45 »

I suppose you are thinking I will click those links? Nah.
Do it, they are very arousing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:56:54 »
tl:dr

another reason I never go on reddit...they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...  >:D

Way to alienate a large portion of business for your website, imo.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:05:44 »

another reason I never go on reddit...they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...  >:D

yup

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:13:10 »

yup

I certainly hope he is not the sole representative of mk.com, because that's pretty scary, if so.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:18:09 »

yup

That thread just made my brain hurt
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:32:15 »
...and 693 Guests are viewing this topic.
... ...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.

...and 693 Guests are viewing this topic.

That's most likely the whole of r/MK. They may have 60,000 "subscribers," but probably 1% actually read and post in the sub.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Data

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:45:49 »

yup
Some people are taking Zero's tongue-in-cheek White Knight post a little too seriously on Reddit?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Misunderstood, once again... :(

The point I was simply trying to make is that there is much that is said on r/MK that is not very good, a lot of mud that is slung around. And I certainly hope that those new to mechanical keboards wouldn't look at the subreddit and think it has been set up or moderated by our company. That was all I was saying.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I just read the headline blast from ripster. Now I get it...

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

It's almost like Ripster takes things out of context and molds them into clickbait.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:57:27 »
that comment was made days ago.. ripster is falling behind. strange, given how he spends half his day here. i also find it amusing how reddit is offended when someone takes a dig at them, whilst happily partaking in ripster's Geekwhack charade at the same time

it's dangerous how one such comment can potentially affect your livelihood this day and age.. i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with such scenarios on a daily basis

Offline drewba

The point I was simply trying to make is that there is much that is said on r/MK that is not very good, a lot of mud that is slung around. And I certainly hope that those new to mechanical keboards wouldn't look at the subreddit and think it has been set up or moderated by our company. That was all I was saying.

What exactly was misunderstood?

Seems you are still digging yourself a hole...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

It's almost like Ripster takes things out of context and molds them into clickbait.
No, you don't say. :facepalm:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Um, no. I believe I clarified with the last post.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
that comment was made days ago.. ripster is falling behind. strange, given how he spends half his day here. i also find it amusing how reddit is offended when someone takes a dig at them, whilst happily partaking in ripster's Geekwhack charade at the same time

it's dangerous how one such comment can potentially affect your livelihood this day and age.. i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with such scenarios on a daily basis
The irony is that my comment was meant to defend Geek Hack from the constant barrage of dissenters and disgruntled banned members. And I guess my 'attack' was twisted by those same people into an 'assault' on reddit. Hmmmm back to the OP, I ask, what Team Spirit?

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

What exactly was misunderstood?

Seems you are still digging yourself a hole...

He summed it up pretty well, because it is /mechanicalkeyboards and his stores name happens to be mechanicalkeyboards.com , he doesn't want people to think they are run by the same person.

Offline drewba

So you followed up one generalization with another. Seems you weren't misundstood at all. Edit-pwnarwhal's post cleared it up for me. I never assumed mechanicalkeyboards.com & /r/mechanicalkeyboards had any affiliation whatsoever but I suppose it's plausible that someone might.

they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.
Pretty sure you can find examples of these on GH if you look hard enough. Ripster is those things exemplified, but an entire community? Stop yourself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 15:20:23 by drewba »

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

The irony is that my comment was meant to defend Geek Hack from the constant barrage of dissenters and disgruntled banned members. And I guess my 'attack' was twisted by those same people into an 'assault' on reddit. Hmmmm back to the OP, I ask, what Team Spirit?

"back to the OP,"

Don't bring me into this, I had NOTHING to do with it!

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline drewba

"back to the OP,"

You said you weren't going to post in this thread again you big dirty liar  :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 15:23:50 by drewba »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
"back to the OP,"

You said you weren't going to post in this thread again you big dirty liar

lol, when we bicker here the enemy wins, just look how many guests are viewing this, they are getting entertainment out of our distress. Lets all just take a step back and realize this is all over a couple caps. Not worth destroying the reputation of GeekHack, mechanicalkeyboards.com, or r/mk. Just cut down this group buy and have that be the end of it.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

"back to the OP,"

Swear you only come on here to link stuff to reddit because there isn't any decent content on there.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
"back to the OP,"

"This will be the last comment I make in this thread regarding my lack of contacting admins"

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline drewba

"back to the OP,"

lol, when we bicker here the enemy wins, just look how many guests are viewing this, they are getting entertainment out of our distress. Lets all just take a step back and realize this is all over a couple caps. Not worth destroying the reputation of GeekHack, mechanicalkeyboards.com, or r/mk. Just cut down this group buy and have that be the end of it.

Sorry, that was a large dose of sarcasm. I'll add an emoticon.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
"back to the OP,"

Sorry, that was a large dose of sarcasm. I'll add an emoticon.

:-*

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

"back to the OP,"

It was a reference to the 'Team Spirit' title of gb. And OP, I meant original post, not original poster...

How can there be team spirit between two rival factions in such way?

Truth is there should be a sense of community among us all...whether GH, reddit, or any other keyboard aficionado club. I wish it would be team spirit, and maybe even see DT have a key available in this set even...

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

"back to the OP,"

Swear you only come on here to link stuff to reddit because there isn't any decent content on there.

How many times do I have to explain this I had NOTHING to do with Ripster.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

"back to the OP,"

It was a reference to the 'Team Spirit' title of gb. And OP, I meant original post, not original poster...

Truth is there should be a sense of community among us all...whether GH, reddit, or any other keyboard aficionado club. I wish it would be team spirit, and maybe even see DT have a key available in this set even...

I was going to add a Deskthority key but I didn't think there would be enough of an audience. If the groupbuy is successful there will probably be a second run, which will have DT keys.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
So you followed up one generalization with another. Seems you weren't misundstood at all. Edit-pwnarwhal's post cleared it up for me. I never assumed mechanicalkeyboards.com & /r/mechanicalkeyboards had any affiliation whatsoever but I suppose it's plausible that someone might.

they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.
Pretty sure you can find examples of these on GH if you look hard enough. Ripster is those things exemplified, but an entire community? Stop yourself.
Agreed. I should have thought out my first shovel full and not assert any generalization to begin with. I apologize for my lack of diction and/or tact. I plan to stay within the lines and play fair from now on. Again, I am sorry.

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:04:33 »

Woah, okay mate. I'd say your unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching attitude hurts your "good name" more than /r/mk ever will, but that's none of my business.

Offline drewba

Agreed. I should have thought out my first shovel full and not assert any generalization to begin with. I apologize for my lack of diction and/or tact. I plan to stay within the lines and play fair from now on. Again, I am sorry.
Fair enough

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:20:08 »

Alrighty looks like my business will going elsewhere from now on.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Oh please. You guys are killing me.

Offline FunkMasterJ

Please defend it then

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Please defend it then
There is nothing to defend. Personally I think r/Mk is proving the point he was making.

Offline peck2310

No one thinks its moderated by your damn company. And if thats a risk maybe you shouldn't name the company with the actual name of the product being the entire make up of it.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:06:44 »
gotta love these sub 30 posts account coming out of the woodwork

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

gotta love these reddit accounts coming out of the woodwork

FTFY

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:14:02 »
**** i finished all my popcorn in the fake clack thread...
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline RavenII

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:25:08 »
Nevermind, not worth posting.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:26:59 by RavenII »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Nevermind, not worth posting.
What a wonderful point this post made, by posting about not posting.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:05:42 »

"back to the OP,"

Lol, what's funny is for the most part reddit, particularly /r/mk, is good-natured, largely due to the voting system and backlash of downvotes. They're also pretty understanding due to the desire to support each other over what most 'outsiders' would consider to be a frivolous/nerdy hobby. The overindulging & overreaching might have some credence however.

If anything I initially had to tone down my angry/hateful comments because of how sensitive a lot of them are. I think one example was I stated "who cares what someone does to some old keyboard anyway" after a user painted an IBM keyboard black and the subreddit was against that on principle. I still stand by that statement, it's their property, but I tend to keep those comments to myself now. Not saying I don't ever step out of line though :P

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...

Retraction: I didn't mean to generalize, and for that I am sorry. There are foul-spirited redditors, but they comprise but a small percentage of those who submit reddits on r/MK. One of which is nothing more than a tattler, and I am sure many here knows who he is and why he is banned from GeekHack. I should have never even typed a single syllable. For that, please accept my apology: I am sorry.

I chose to retract my original statement as you will see in the first post. All subsequent posts are pasted here for reference should anyone be interested.

Offline FunkMasterJ

Please defend it then
There is nothing to defend. Personally I think r/Mk is proving the point he was making.

Wow so a vendor puts down a whole community and because someone gets upset about it, it proves the vendor right? And then members of GH go on to mock new accounts. Even if it was taken the wrong way there were enough people who obviously thought it was a tad harsh. I always took the negative things said about GH with a huge grain of salt because it was only coming from a select few. I come here recently excited to join other keyboard enthusiasts and instead get **** on and mocked within the first few days. I sorely disappointed in this community today. Im almost certain now this will be met with some form of "dude get your panties out of a twist" or "whatever go back from where you came"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:14:59 »

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:16:03 »
I appreciate it zero. I completely agree there are nasty people over at /MK, but theres a good chuck there who just want to share in a hobby.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:18:52 »
Show Image

Aww youre so sweet for going out of your way to prove my last point. You even went through the trouble of searching for the perfect GIF, youre the best.