Author Topic: [IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board - GB: Sat. 6th March 2021  (Read 54834 times)

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
Re: [IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 08:41:12 »
IC is now completed, thanks you all again for your support, it means a lot for us !

Original post has been updated with the IC results, final prices, MoQ, versions, and ETA for shipping.

GB date will be announced soon. Feel free to comment and ask any questions :-)

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
Re: [IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board - IC results are here !
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 10:10:46 »
So the 429 and 479 pricing does not include the plate?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 12:45:19 »
So the 429 and 479 pricing does not include the plate?

It includes the Aluminum plate by default, my bad, I'm correcting the message :-)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 13:36:39 »
I think elongated flat black feet would look and feel better than the generic clear bumpons.  Perhaps something like the Keycult or Mekanisk bumpons.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 13:58:43 »
I think elongated flat black feet would look and feel better than the generic clear bumpons.  Perhaps something like the Keycult or Mekanisk bumpons.

I just checked the 3M offering, and we're currently using the ref. SJ5303 for the back (11.2mm width ; 5.1mm height) and the SJ5306 (9.5mm width ; 3.8mm height) for the front. They are both Hemispherical shaped.

While the SJ5303 can be replaced by the SJ5003 in black color, there is no direct replacement for the SJ5306 in the same shape.

We'll try to go with Cylindrical shape with the SJ5076 (8mm width ; 2.8mm height) on the front, and with the SJ5001 or SJ5012 (12.7mm width ; 3,6mm height) on the back, but is it a bit low IMO.

It worth the try to test tho, if the fitting and look is better, we'll ship with black Cylindrical bumpons instead of clear Hemispherical ones.

Edit: spelling ; just ordered the 4 new references for the bumpons, so we'll test that shortly.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 14:14:58 by Typemaster »

Offline Lenux

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 16:20:27 »
If we are in France will shipping still take place in 1 months i'm curious about it.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:24:46 »
If we are in France will shipping still take place in 1 months i'm curious about it.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

There's about 2h30 (rough estimate) of QC / preparation for each keyboard, but I suppose we will ship in batches, depending of the carrier. So in France you'll get your keyboard in 2 days once it's shipped, while it should take 5 to 7 days worldwide, depending of the location.

What I can say is we'll do that as fast as we can, but with high quality standards. Considering this is our first GB, time frames are only estimations :-)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:19:56 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2021, 20:46:30 by esclab »

Offline tommyamoszhao

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 03:02:50 »
Nice!

Offline PHYLO

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:51:24 »
This board just looks so gorgeous.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:51:33 »
Are you still planning to have a streamer build one before GB?
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:53:09 by Diggidy »

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 08:03:11 »
Hi there !

Just a little update on the progress for the GB, the configuration of the shop took a lot of time but is almost finished !

About a stream review of the Typemaster 180, we haven't had time to look for it yet, but let us know if you know a streamer interested to do so.

It's unlikely it will be done before the GB, but we'll do our best to arrange that during the GB.

We'll keep you informed on the GB opening date soon !

Happy holidays everyone !

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 12:00:40 »
I find this board very interesting, and is something I am strongly considering buying, given the opportunity.

With that said, I think you guys really need to do a build stream with an independent streamer to make buyers more confident in this board. There are a lot of people that still comment about this being a KC copy based upon your past IC (even though I don't agree), and even in this thread there have been people questioning the legitimacy of your sound tests. A streamer going through your board, building it, and then sound-testing it would go a long way.

Additionally, there are also other premium 75% boards going to GB soon, such as the GHS.RAR 75%. They have like 4-5 streamers setup to show off their board. That makes a big difference in peoples' confidence to spend 600+ on a 75% board.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 13:50:54 »
I find this board very interesting, and is something I am strongly considering buying, given the opportunity.

With that said, I think you guys really need to do a build stream with an independent streamer to make buyers more confident in this board. There are a lot of people that still comment about this being a KC copy based upon your past IC (even though I don't agree), and even in this thread there have been people questioning the legitimacy of your sound tests. A streamer going through your board, building it, and then sound-testing it would go a long way.

Additionally, there are also other premium 75% boards going to GB soon, such as the GHS.RAR 75%. They have like 4-5 streamers setup to show off their board. That makes a big difference in peoples' confidence to spend 600+ on a 75% board.

Thanks for the comment :-) I indeed 100% agree with you, will start researches right now.

If you happen to know some names, I have to agree I don't have the time to follow any Twitch streamers, so I'm not fully aware of the people doing this.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 18:00:44 »
I have no idea what the process is like to have these individuals build a board, how long it takes, etc.. but some of the more common people building boards right now, aside from Taeha:

- Alexotos
- Apiary
- Minterly
- 3ildcat
- Taekeyboards

... and many others.

Offline adamjohari

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 18:02:50 »
Love the 904L steel weight. They use that steel in Rolex these days. In for the board, just name your price!
After | KBD8X Mk2 | Prophet | Ducky One 2 Mini

GMK Laser | ePBT Kon MoMo | Infinikey Port | Sanctuary Rebirth PBT | GMK Deep Navy

Offline xantiema

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 07:24:45 »
The whole idea of independent builders being the norm and barrier to entry probably needs to change. I don't see why I would feel more trusting post-community build log. These guys seem trustworthy enough to run a group buy, like many others.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 18:09:44 »
As of today, here is the current plan. We'll do another sound test as promised, before the GB. It should come by the end of this week.

This new sound test will be done with the initial switches (lubed Gat Ink Red housing + NK cream stems), and with lubed and filmed Tangerines v2. So you can know a bit better about "how does it sounds with regular switches".

Then, we'll send the prototype to a YouTuber, so you'll get an independant and unbiased review.

While I agree it should not be a norm, I feel it's a good way to have another point of view on our project, and we're pretty excited to see how it comes out!

However, we still don't know if we'll delay the start of the GB to after this review goes online, but what's sure is it will come way before the end of the GB.

Anyways, we're doing everything to do the best, and the fastest, witch is clearly a hard task for a first GB :-)

Offline xantiema

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 18:25:13 »
I vote for no delays, but I also admit I should have no say in deciding the matter  :p

Offline Engedi_

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 00:56:22 »
My OCD is telling me that the empty top right corner is bothering me.
Maybe you can add F13 to make it look more uniform...

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 06:40:55 »
My OCD is telling me that the empty top right corner is bothering me.
Maybe you can add F13 to make it look more uniform...

It is an integral and assumed part of the design. More fulfilled not equal to better, in our opinion :-)

It creates a kind of balance with the space available under the 3 right function keys.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 18:21:34 »
I look forward to the typing test video from you guys - if you could do a more detailed run through of the board, the plate mounting, etc, that would be awesome to see as well.

One thing I read on the website that I didn't see in this post - the PCB supports ALPS switches? Is that correct? Are the plate offerings going to allow for ALPS as well?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 14:06:20 »
I look forward to the typing test video from you guys - if you could do a more detailed run through of the board, the plate mounting, etc, that would be awesome to see as well.

One thing I read on the website that I didn't see in this post - the PCB supports ALPS switches? Is that correct? Are the plate offerings going to allow for ALPS as well?

We will do a more detailed video as well :-)

Yes, the PCB and plates are both supporting ALPS switches !

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 14:12:08 »
Happy new year, and best wishes from Typemaster :-)

We just have published a second sound test on YouTube, with the same switches you seen on the first video :

Another sound test with lubed Tangerines v2 will come soon, once the build is finished.

Also, as promised, here is a quick live record to show the sound of our videos is 100% raw, without any post production, here :

Sound file shown in the video :

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0453/4173/7116/files/Input_Device_Recording_20210102_1627.mp4?v=1609601386

BTW, each Shopify file URL is unique, as far as I know.

This should makes the things clear :-)

Happy watching !

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
[IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board - IC results are here !
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 14:50:07 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2021, 20:46:21 by esclab »

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 18:31:09 »
Hahaha, I love it, that 2nd video.

Great sounding board. Very excited for this.

Offline cannon-cat

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 19:21:17 »
I'm glad you guys were able to defend yourselves from the far-fetched claims against you guys. Here's hoping to a successful groupbuy  :thumb:

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 22:14:50 »
oh man i really like the curve and the sound of your board, definitely make me drool lol
but 2 things bother me are the emptiness on the top- right and the position of arrow cluster. my preference is the arrow cluster is in the same row with the spacebar (like normal tkl if i describe it wrong), and a knob or a switch on the top right.
i know it's your own choice, and above is my preference. you cant satisfy everyone ,but it's my own thought. hope you guys could consider it in r2 GB.
any GLwGB, maybe i could grab one if my finance allow lolol
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 January 2021, 00:24:40 by soloplayer »

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 23:26:46 »
Overall design is clean but the blocker spacing is a little inconsistent (around the arrow cluster) which you may want to consider revising for future versions.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 11:43:41 »
Thanks you guys for the kind words :-)

As requested many times, here is a new sound test, this time with fairly common switches : the Tangerines v2. There are a bit more highly pitched compared to the previous switches we were using.

These has been filmed and slightly lubed with Krytox 205g0. This time I've been very careful to lube them equally, so the result is quite nice and even.

I also made sure the stabilizers are lubed perfectly, so they are not rattling at all.

Feel free to let us know what you think about the board sound

Happy watching !

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 13:38:50 »
Please have content creators build this

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 14:04:05 »

Incoming :-) This keyboard should be shipped to a Youtuber / stream this coming week!

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:42:46 »
Another day, another video for you guys !

This time, you'll see better how the magnetic closing & opening works. You'll also see how the plate placement works, and how the gel pads makes the plate "floating" around the board, creating this unique typing flex experience, and great sound dampening.

We'll currently finalizing some details with the shop, and we should announce the GB date soon.

Feel free to let us know if you want to see something else before the board goes to a third party reviewer :-)

Enjoy!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board - New Videos here !
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 15:55:31 »
This is super cool and I'm excited for this despite the hiccup in the beginning

Are there any price expectations?

When would the GB happen and when could people expect to receive the board?

Thanks!

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 17:55:29 »
This is super cool and I'm excited for this despite the hiccup in the beginning

Are there any price expectations?

When would the GB happen and when could people expect to receive the board?

Thanks!

You can find the prices in the first post, or on our website :-)

We'll do our best to make the GB in mid-January, and we can expect a 4 to 6 months delay before shipping

Offline bball2

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 18:29:46 »
Man that prototype looks great and sounds awesome too!

Are you planning on a FCFS group buy or a raffle?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 18:51:30 »
Man that prototype looks great and sounds awesome too!

Are you planning on a FCFS group buy or a raffle?

Thanks you :-)

The GB will be FCFS. Considering our IC, I think anyone who will be here the first days will have the time to catch one.

If there is too much buy pressure on this sale, or a future one, we'll go with a raffle-style at this moment, but we're not here :-)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 20:33:03 »
I'm not to big on the surface aesthetics (mostly the bottom) but the layout is AWESOME. I'll never understand why more 75's don't use a 3-button cluster on the right side. 4 and 2 button clusters don't jive with my functuay.
The one thing i really don't like are the rubber feet on the bottom. They look like a cheap after thought. 

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 20:34:49 »
I'm not to big on the surface aesthetics (mostly the bottom) but the layout is AWESOME. I'll never understand why more 75's don't use a 3-button cluster on the right side. 4 and 2 button clusters don't jive with my functuay.
The one thing i really don't like are the rubber feet on the bottom. They look like a cheap after thought.

Same. I wish more designers used this layout. It's the best middle ground between 65% and TKL. For me, 65% is too sparse, while TKL is a little too much. 

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 01:22:02 »
i prefer the symmetrical 75, like the Dawn
do you guys have a plan to release a Typemaster 165, for 65% layout?

Offline Exluna

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 03:29:09 »
To tell you the truth I'm interested already due to the unique magnetic mechanism. I hope you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions.

1) I was wondering how the magnets are attached to the case? In my experience magnetically attached doors/parts are great until a magnet comes loose from the adhesive and sticks to the other side! How are the magnets held in place? Will they stay in place over time?

2) Are you considering other formats perhaps, in the future? (I'm in love with 1800 boards for work!)

I really like the idea of the magnets. The gel also sounds like a really interesting idea. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in the GB.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:23:55 »

We'll try another rubber feet very soon and post pictures accordingly, so you may have a good surprise about them :-)

do you guys have a plan to release a Typemaster 165, for 65% layout?

The next keyboard we'll working on will most certainly be a 65% layout, but it requires this GB to be a success!

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:35:14 »
To tell you the truth I'm interested already due to the unique magnetic mechanism. I hope you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions.

1) I was wondering how the magnets are attached to the case? In my experience magnetically attached doors/parts are great until a magnet comes loose from the adhesive and sticks to the other side! How are the magnets held in place? Will they stay in place over time?

2) Are you considering other formats perhaps, in the future? (I'm in love with 1800 boards for work!)

I really like the idea of the magnets. The gel also sounds like a really interesting idea. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in the GB.

No worries, I'm here to answer any questions :-)

1) The magnets are glued to the case. We're allowing a nice tolerance around the magnets to put a fair amount of glue. This gluing operation is made by ourselves in France, by hand, with special glue (UHU MAX REPAIR EXTREME). Once the glue is dried, it's very unlikely the magnet will come out by itself.

2) If this first GB is a success, we'll construct a nice line-up over the time, with this design, and other things we have in mind. The first keyboard / GB is what's taking the most time to do, so we hope the community let us work on other projects by making the Typemaster 180 a success!

> The gel also sounds like a really interesting idea.

We're trying not to oversell it, just because, you know... But if you ask me, this is probably a game changer in mech keyboards feeling and dampening. Silicone / rubber / foam pads are really bad for many reasons, compared to what we achieved with this gel. Most of keyboards internals are over-engineered these days. Magnets + gel seems to be the best way to go IMO. Time will tell :-)

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:47:46 »
Nice round shape and layout. That would certainly complement SA keysets (SA Skyriter comes to mind for the green version) very nicely. Will definitely get one :)

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 05:02:38 »
i'm certain that this GB will be a success. not sure if it's a huge success or not, but pretty sure success anyway lol  :))
very happy with the news, the magnet, the bottom curve and gel are so awesome. i will patiently waiting for a 65% version adapted with all of these features  :thumb:

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 18:50:18 »

Incoming :-) This keyboard should be shipped to a Youtuber / stream this coming week!

Any updates on who the streamer will be?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 13:26:36 »
Any updates on who the streamer will be?

Yes! The keyboard left our office today, and Hipyotech will do the review once he will receive it!

His Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hipyotech/

His YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/hipyotech

I'll keep you guys updated once I know more about the schedule

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 07:15:03 »
Hi there!

Good news! The Typemaster 180 will be on YouTube stream with @hipyotech on YouTube today!

Countdown: https://countingdownto.com/countdown-pages/1C1jgg7T

Hipyotech YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeFamily
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 07:19:58 by Typemaster »

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 14:55:26 »
*error*
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 18:10:07 by Typemaster »

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
Re: [IC] Typemaster 180 - 75% Premium Board - On Stream Today!
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 14:56:01 »
*error*
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 18:10:14 by Typemaster »