geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Kinesis Advantage/Smartfish

(1/4) > >>

cypherslock:
What do you guys think? After looking at the advantage, I can certainly its its good points. The brochure diagram helped too. Still trying to make up my mind and could use some expert opinions. Has anyone USED the Smartfish keyboard. They go out of stock quickly, so to my mind they must be good. and they're still in the realm of acceptability for price.

But, the advantage looks like it might be more comfortable. Again I've got Dragon and this is a factor as well. Help please if you can. :)

Forsaken:
The smartfish probably sells more for it's sleek looks and novelty than performance. It looks to me like a MS Natural 4000 with scissor switches (like a good laptop), and about an inch of random movement thrown in.

It's a really nice looking board, but I don't think it offers more in the ergonomics department than an MS Natural 4k. It might be better made than the 4k though.

I would go with the Advantage. I have one and really like it. A Maltron with brown switches and a trackball is my dream keyboard though, but $$$$. XD

bluecar5556:
A left hand maltron would be a nice addition to the advantage for having a tablet pen/mouse in the right hand without reaching over with the left.  If only someone would send me a mould of one, i'd duplicate it and mail it to anyone who wanted to make their own.  I'll just keep dreaming

sordna:
Hmm, old thread revival. Anyway, a keyboard doesn't get much more comfortable than this:

[video=youtube;0hE62iqWCyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hE62iqWCyw[/video]

jpc:
Love my two Kineses. They helped to heal my RSI. (Those, plus Colemak, trackballs, keyboard trays, books, lots of NSAIDs...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version