Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793112 times)

Offline repasil

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 03:51:21 »
Hi all!

I'm absolutely new to this world of mechanical keyboards.
I'm from Hungary which is the less lucky part of the world in this hobby. :'(
Practically it's impossible to find hungarian layout keycaps (even some basic types, not to mention the more beautiful quality sets) and all other parts are also a bit bigger challenge to get.
Currently I'm using a cheap Redragon Vata gaming keyboard. Redragon is almost the only manufacturer with HUN layout.
I've just finished the mods on it (case sound dampening, lubing, stab corrections and lubing) and it turn out pretty amazing compared to the original.
My next goal is to build an own TKL wood case design (I'm a hobbist woodworker), and trying to find the inner parts for it including an elegant HUN keycap set (not giving up... :D)
Hope I can find some help here.

All the best guys

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #951 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 20:32:00 »
Hi all!

I'm absolutely new to this world of mechanical keyboards.
I'm from Hungary which is the less lucky part of the world in this hobby. :'(
Practically it's impossible to find hungarian layout keycaps (even some basic types, not to mention the more beautiful quality sets) and all other parts are also a bit bigger challenge to get.
Currently I'm using a cheap Redragon Vata gaming keyboard. Redragon is almost the only manufacturer with HUN layout.
I've just finished the mods on it (case sound dampening, lubing, stab corrections and lubing) and it turn out pretty amazing compared to the original.
My next goal is to build an own TKL wood case design (I'm a hobbist woodworker), and trying to find the inner parts for it including an elegant HUN keycap set (not giving up... :D )
Hope I can find some help here.

All the best guys

Welcome to GH. Not been many Hungarian sets to buy is in part bad, but it is also a blessing because you do not have so many options to expend your hard-earned money.

Offline dr_crombel

« Reply #952 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 04:53:14 »
Hi! :D

My goal is to get at least 1 keyboard per layout and i hope i can restrain myself after that.
See you around.

Offline NasalChunk

« Reply #953 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 01:23:48 »
Still waiting on the Rama u80 to come in the wait times for gp's are definitely something to adapt to  :thumb:

Offline OptimumDrives

• Optimum Drives
« Reply #954 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 11:36:05 »
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am super exciting to explore this platform.

Offline machuupichuu

« Reply #955 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 16:30:43 »
Hello! My name is Matt and I got into mechanical keyboards last year. Started off with a Kemove Shadow 60% and I loved it. I still use it to this day and it's been fully modded to the best of my ability. I totally agree that this is a moneypit as the last industry I was into was the vape game. So, I'm familiar with how much money I'll be spending on keyboards. I'm happy to be here and I'd love to learn as much as I can and give back to the community as well.

Current keyboards

1. Kemove Shadow - Tai Hao Ocean Blue Keycaps, Drop Halo Clear switches lubed with Krytox 205g0, stabs lubed, clipped, band aid, padded, painted and dubbed "X" from Mega Man X
2. Ducky One Two Mini - Ukiyo Keycaps, Kailh Box White (desoldered MX brown), stabs lubed, clipped, band aid, padded, painted teal to match keycaps and dubbed "Ukiyo"
3. Womier K66 - G Skill White CC Keycaps, Kailh Box Red lubed with Krytox 205g0, stabs modded, padded and dubbed "Shiro"
4. Galaxy 75 - YMDK Hana ZDA profile, Durock Purple Linear 67g lubed with Krytox 205g0, stabs modded, padded, dubbed "Rose" after Goku Black's "Super Saiyan Rose"

Offline ultraking51

« Reply #956 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 09:07:37 »
Hey, new member here, and new to the keyboard community aswell.  Probably the wrong time too because i have a 9 month old baby, damn diapers are expensive lol, but the community seemed really awesome and i dove in.  I pre ordered the gmmk pro, and bought a nk65 entry.  Figuring out how many parts r needed to build one.

but anyway nice to meet everyone

Offline chromov113

« Reply #957 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 12:39:08 »
Hello from Russia!

Recently I've got my first mechanical keyboard, it's a Creative K08 Vanguard with Omron B3K switches (same as Romer G on Logitech). It is kinda unique, having the cyrillic letters engraved on the original keycaps. I got to the forum for tips on repairing it, but watching all the nice builds the members do, I started to understand why do people stick to this hobby.
Already considering building a 60 or 65% myseld, I only looking for a reason to spent a significant amount of money for this
Best regards
Andrey Studentsov

Offline Hephboard

« Reply #958 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 20:41:15 »
Thanks for the advice. I'll hold my wallet tight

Offline kaleid

• in a world of magnets and miracles...
    • Ma socials
« Reply #959 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 18:14:13 »
Hello, fellow keeb enthusiasts!!

I'm Diana from Romania and I went down this rabbit hole back in August. Absolutely love the customization possibilities, my wallet hates them, but I still have $$ left for utilities and food, I swear. Don't need any for clothes since I've been WFH since March, so I decided to hop the gaming PC + VR wagons as well ;D Luckily enough I managed to build the PC in October, before shtf.

Currently clacking away on a non-branded Rakk Lam-Ang Pro with Gateron Silent Reds and NP Crayons.

Nice to meet ya and stay safe!  :-*
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2021, 16:41:36 by kaleid »
RIP my KAM 80s After Dark set (ordered from Mechs&Co...)

Offline nurakh

« Reply #960 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 16:26:29 »
Hello everyone. I'm new to this hobby. I hope I can restrain myself from overspending.  ^-^

I've completed my first build with Keychron k6 (alu frame, zilent v2, pbt keycaps ymdk blank). Though I'm not sure if it's considered as custom keyboard in this community. :rolleyes:
Anyway I'm glad to join you guys.

Have a nice day! or nice keyboard?   :p

Offline Eric Rasputin

• Daoist
« Reply #961 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:29:21 »
My keyboard journey begins here.

I'm Eric from India. One of the worst places to have this hobby, but I'm getting by. I hope to turn this hobby into something more, but that's for the future. For now, I'm just here to learn.

Cheers :)
The Dao of Custom Keyboards is the Eternal Dao!

Offline MeatballNapkin

« Reply #962 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 22:05:11 »
Hello everyone!

I am new to this hobby (hence the post here). I bought my first mechanical keyboard off of Drop (ENTR TKL with Gateron yellows), but I am really looking at some 65% ones. I know I probably won't be able to nab a NK65 Entry Edition, but the NK65 superuser edition looks cool. Does anyone have any other recommendations? ALSO, I am dangerously close to participating in my first GMK groupbuy (GMK Tuzi) but I don't have a keyboard that I want to put it on. If I decide later on that I probably shouldn't have bought it, do keycap sets hold their value well? ALSO does anyone have the ePBT milk purple and how would the quality compare to GMK Tuzi? Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Offline mikeyahngelo

« Reply #963 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 13:49:34 »
Hello GeekHack!

Have been following r/MechanicalKeyboards for over a year before finally purchasing a pre-built KBD75 V2 for myself. I realized that a ton of group buys start here and figured I'd make an account. Looking forward to owning an Alice-type keeb down the line among many others haha.

Offline jact

« Reply #964 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 17:04:27 »
Hi friends,
I am getting into keyboard making and would love to learn more about them. If you have time send me some videos or else teach me.  ;D

Offline ozhtnk

• A little engine that could.
« Reply #965 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 18:18:22 »
Hi folks!

I'm Oleksii from Ukraine. Of course, I'm completely new to this hobby (currently building keeb.io sinc board) so I definitely need to know how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Cheers  :D

Offline etoilenight

« Reply #966 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 10:07:35 »
As someone with an already ridiculous fountain pen collection, understanding this new interest might be a money pit is no new thing 😊.

Offline frogking

« Reply #967 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 14:51:27 »
finally pulled the trigger to hop on a redox and now i'm here!

Offline Jalapenos

• 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘱 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘱
« Reply #968 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:46:06 »
Hello from the UK!
I've been eyeing custom builds for around 3 years but only just pulled the trigger and ordered some boba U4T switches! The case and keycap sets I've set my heart on are group buys on this forum so thought I might aswell join!
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:47:45 by Jalapenos »

Offline cryonic

« Reply #969 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 21:09:03 »
Clack Thock Clack Thock

Thock Thock

ISO JIS User here.

Offline kidd0h

« Reply #970 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 08:37:58 »
Hi everyone!

Andrew from Romania here! Glad a place like this exists for noobs like me in this area.

Looking forward to read a lot and make some smart and educated purchases in the future thanks to all of your help!.

C ya around!
N/A

Offline AJPlus

« Reply #971 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 09:01:13 »
Hi, I'm fairly new, been pretty enamoured with the builds I've seen online. Was thinking I'd start simple with something from kbdfans?, eager to learn haha

Offline remedybro

• Remedy Bro
« Reply #972 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 01:00:30 »
Hello Everyone

Offline Dijalo

First post, please give me feedback on the idea!
« Reply #973 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 09:35:56 »
Hey! I’m new here! (Obviously).
Don’t know to much on what people want to buy! But I am starting to make keyboards to sell, my goal is to build keyboards for people, and only charge 50 dollars to build it. Since I haven’t don’t it for anyone besides myself I will do it fir free with just you paying for shipping and obviously items of the keyboard! Please let me know if this is a good idea. I’m majoring in biology right now in college. **** THAT. I really have no clue what I want to do in life but I know that I want to do something that I love of course. I have been messing with computer parts since I was 8, building my first one. Let me know if you are interested!

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #974 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:57:12 »
hey guys, my name is Meena, I've been exploring the world of mechanical keyboards since summer 2020, and recently been growing my collection of boards and keycaps. Hope to contribute to this community any way I can!

Offline mrd_deegz

« Reply #975 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 09:14:31 »
Hi everyone!

I just joined to geekhack today! My name is Diego but I go by Deegz or Mr D :)
Had been a big fan of mechanical keyboard for many years but I just recently had an interest to build them my self - not sure if is going to be a source of income rather a new hobby for having the keyboards that I want how I want them :) 
I'm a software developer, so keyboards are an extension of my brain :)

Look forward to join this community and make new friends! I travel a lot for work, currently not much due to corona but I spent my year between Germany, Argentina and the USA.
Thanks to all the Mods and members for having such a cool community full of info and knowledgeable people!

Best, Mr D.

Offline JedSheeran

« Reply #976 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 13:00:29 »
Hello People,

I've been wanting to make my custom keyboard for a few years now but never got around to actually committing to it, but I just got my stimulus check and decided to fall into it. I have experience with AutoCAD, thanks to my college, and so I'm going to try to design my own 65% keyboard. I'm just not sure how I'll get it made after I have the design. After I make this one and have the confidence, I plan to try to design alot more.

Offline Thrallz

• Dost thou come here to whine?
« Reply #977 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 01:06:56 »
hello

Offline carl_04

« Reply #978 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 13:48:27 »
Hi, new member here. Please be kind to me  :D :D ;D ;DY

Offline muscimilieng

« Reply #979 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 08:14:11 »
Hello world !

Software developer from France,

Currently owning:
- Vortex Race 3 ISO FR w/ MX Clear
- Kyria with mixed Kailh Box (red & blue)
- Ordered a Lubmerjack !

Other than that I also own 3 typewriters from the 60's

Excited to join this forum

Offline BullRage

« Reply #980 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 16:06:31 »
How should I ever reach 25/60 posts.
G'dammit, now I have to be active to be active (no typo).

At least +1 now

Offline KermittDaFrog

• Hello there !
« Reply #981 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 17:40:16 »
Hello world !
Software developer from France,

Nice to see a froggy brother here !  :))

How should I ever reach 25/60 posts.
G'dammit, now I have to be active to be active (no typo).

At least +1 now

I'm asking myself the same. What are those famous hiden topics ? It tickles my curiosity ...

Offline suixt

« Reply #982 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 21:16:06 »
Hi all,
new member here in an effort to convince nephl0ck to add ISO expansion kit to his Metropolis R2.

To be fair, now that I've finally created an account it I might stop being just a lurker

Offline keyliber

« Reply #983 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:44:47 »
Hello everyone!

Offline TK0

« Reply #984 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 18:53:52 »
Hello everyone! New hobbyist from Brazil.

Offline Film_girl

« Reply #985 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 22:34:40 »
Hi all! I’m relatively new to the hobby and this forum has been invaluable!

« Reply #986 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 08:39:01 »
Hi all. Glad to be a new geekhacker and that I have a new reasonably steady way of burning money.  :)) Just got over the first hump of normal stock clicky keyboards and graduated to my first cherry mx blues last year. This year I got my first mx reds on a “beginner” board (KB487L) and I don’t plan (at least for now) to abandon linears for quite some time. Really excited to eventually take the next baby steps towards actually building a board sometime this year!

Offline GhostTedd

« Reply #987 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 07:20:38 »
I recently stumbled across GMK keycaps and would like to know more them, eventually got to know about this website. I hope that I can find a set of GMK keycaps which I will like and enjoy. I am not new to mechanical keyboards world but new to custom built mecahnical keyboards world, I hope to find one custom keyboard which I can customized to my liking also.

« Reply #988 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 05:31:23 »
Hey there! I'm Strider, and I joined Keyboards Anonymous because I have...a problem.

Nah, just kidding. It isn't a problem if we don't say it is, right?

Anyway, I got into keyboards by finding a weird Qtronix numpad with Aristotle switches at a garage sale. So, immediately upon looking up Qtronix, the only result on Youtube that came nearly close was from Chyrosran22. It was...a steady descent from there, to say the least XD. Either way, I'm glad to be here, with so many neat boards to look out for now. If only they made an affordable modern keyboard with as much bezel as I want, eh?

But anyway, I digress. I generally like BOX Switches, some nice, firm bezels, and having money to blow on cases I don't need. Oh, and most of my posts will probably be asking for help identifying the keyboards which are nowhere on the internet! Woo, my luck! :D

Best Regards,

Strider
Nice.

Offline hacker

« Reply #989 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 11:21:32 »
Hello all! Glad to be here. I have been thinking about joining for a while.

My first mech keeb was a CMQF Rapid. I modded it and caught the bug.
I restored an IBM Model M I found and then I built a ton of keebs for myself and my friends.

Offline Full_ed

« Reply #990 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 05:01:20 »
Hi, new member here. Still bemused at how a simple quest has become an expensive ongoing problem.

I started with a Raspberry Pi. Aren't they wonderful? And so cheap! So, of course I have bought one. And Beaglebones, Teensy (assorted versions), etc ...
Spread all around the house, and friends houses, doing assorted automated magic.
Unfortunately, every now and then, one needs a quick update. Or code needs to be edited. And I'm facing the prospect of either transplanting a functional device, or bringing several thousand dollars worth of laptop into the garden to debug a sprinkler irrigation system.
I'm currently looking at ultra-widescreen designs, around 10 - 12 inch. Screens of this size come INCREDIBLY close to matching the dimensions of a 60% keyboard.
I'm curious: has anyone else matched an ultra-widescreen LCD to a 60% keyboard, to make a small terminal?

Offline UswordM

« Reply #991 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 17:40:22 »
I've fallen into the rabbit hole of another expensive hobby xd

Offline IRLRaptor

« Reply #992 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 04:11:36 »
Perfect reads to start my journey to getting into the hobbyist group.  Thank you for this post all the way in 2021!~ Here we go.

Offline urban24

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 01:41:48 »
Hey everyone!

I'm kinda new to this hobby, and especially this website!
Can someone send me some good-looking keycaps group buys? I'm looking for something grayish teal, blue, pink, dark blue to spice up my Drop CTRL.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Offline luckysam

« Reply #994 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 17:56:15 »
Hello!

I'm a product manager for software/data companies and have fallen in love with custom keyboards. While still new to this hobby, I've joined several group buys, bought off the second-hand market, and am really diving into the realm of mk. I have CAD and product expertise and would ideally like to join a kb development from IC to delivery. I mainly lurk but to achieve that kb development goal I think I'll start contributing a bit more - reach out and say hello!

-luckysam

Offline Cowmovie4

• hollow keyboard haver
« Reply #995 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 00:06:33 »
Just made a new account after this dinosaur of a website locked me out when I tried to change the associated account email lmao, time to build this account up so I can hopefully get a new keyboard design rolling!
u/TheFourthCow - formerly TheFourthCow on geekhack... until I locked myself out.

Designer of the Funky40 - IC TBD
Working on a new board! IC inbound?
https://i.imgur.com/5GVY8I5.jpg

Offline OliCicada

• twitter :)
« Reply #996 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 21:39:01 »
Hi all!
I'm a database management student who's been down the rabbit hole of mech keebs for a minute now!
Back in high school I had a secondhand Razer gamer board that served me until some of the keys stopped working in 2019. At that point I bought a secondhand 75% board with Hako Violets that was working great...... then I realized I could build one for MYSELF. Literally this morning I finished putting together my kb75v2 with Tealiosv2 lubed & filmed switches and modded/lubed stabs. I'm over the moon- now just gotta wait to get my hands on KAT Cyberspace ;D

Offline liukinsay

« Reply #997 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 07:44:31 »
Hi all,
I'm new here from Indonesia, just got my first keyboard.
just a cheap one but I have fun making it, but it is really hard to find a kit in my country, so my target is find and make one keyboard and try to restrain myself.

Offline spiceagent11

« Reply #998 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 04:20:36 »
Is there a cure for the "spend all money on keyboards" syndrome?
My doctor couldn't diagnose the problem.

Offline Symphonixz

Re: Welcome new members! [Sup]
« Reply #999 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 11:38:24 »
Yeah I joined the Keyboard Hobby at Around the Start of this year. And Recently Due to My Graduation I am getting my 2nd Keyboard, The GMMK PRO. My Original Build Being the NK65 with Silk Yellows and Some BangGood Keycaps (enjoying it a lot right now). So idk, something just made me decide, hey let me sign up for this forum for once, so here I am. Hopefully this will be a fun happy hobby that doesn't break my wallet =D. Nice to Meet You All.
-"TKL Boards FTW"