geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Truly Ergenomic

(1/55) > >>

FunkTrooper:
So, what does geekhack think of this: http://www.trulyergonomic.com/

I think it looks rather nice. It'll have some sort of Cherry Switch, and the layout looks nice. I'd like to see more emphasis on not having to leave the home row though, like more modifier keys, and embedder arrow keys and page up/down etc. (like Happy Hacking, but with better key placement)

ch_123:
The staggering of the keys is interesting. I assume this is to accomodate the different lengths of the fingers you are meant to use the particular column of keys with... but I thought that it was good ergonomic practice to type with your fingers angled downwards, which somewhat negates the fact that your fingers are of a different length, and would probably just be confusing to use.

That said, ergonomics is not something that I read into much asides from the basics.

Oh, and get ready for the standard Webwit "It's not ergonomic unless you can adjust the angle of the keyboard" rant.

Mental Hobbit:
Keys for the longest fingers elevated, keys for the shortest fingers recessed?
I don't get that.

didjamatic:
I like the copy/cut/paste keys.  At a glance I don't like the / \ key locations, but maybe I could get used to it.  The home/end/pgup/pgdn location is interesting.

I think this layout would be pretty easy to learn

Can't do 1 handed ctrl alt del so that's a negative for me

quadibloc:
Adjusting the staggering of the keys for the lengths of the fingers has happened before. The Palantype keyboard - which is the layout normally used in Britain for syllable chord typing for court reporting and closed captioning, the way Stenotype is used in America - was laid out in that fashion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version