Author Topic: How can I unwatch locked thread?  (Read 7503 times)

Offline ChitownM2

How can I unwatch locked thread?
« on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 11:46:18 »
I'd like to be able to remove threads that have been locked from my "watched" list and it doesn't seem like that is possible at the moment. Mainly these are IC threads that I'm following that turn into GB's.

It doesn't really make sense why threadstarter's decision to lock a thread should mean that it is permanently part of my personal watch list.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: How can I unwatch locked thread?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:08:19 »
Watched Unread list only displays threads that have new posts since you last read them.  All you need to do is to click on the thread and read the last post, then go back to your watch list, and you'll see that the thread will no longer appear on the list.  Since the thread is locked, there won't be any more posts in it to make it reappear.

Do you not see "unwatch" option inside the thread at the top right?  (desktop browser)

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:12:15 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:14:21 »
I want to remove it from my watch list completely, not just the from the unread topics portion.

Since there is no subscribe feature here that can be sorted, etc, I use the watched topics like a subscribe feature. Therefore I may go back to topics that don't have any new posts so I am constantly looking at my "all watched topics" page rather than just the unread one.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:17:10 »
I edited my post above to add a screenshot.  Are you using a desktop version of the browser?  Please check inside the thread you want to unwatch, at the very top right (desktop browser or desktop view in a mobile browser).  Is there no "Unwatch" button?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:22:14 »
I can't either, PE. Seems like a permissions thing.

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:25:54 »
Here is a previous thread with a potential solution

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46649.0

A workaround is to go into the thread, copy the link from the notify button, paste it into the address bar, replace "action=notify;sa=on;" with "action=unwatch;", and hit enter  ;D

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:29:39 »

Show Image

Thanks for the confirmation.  Yes, it does appear to be a permissions issue for different membergroups, because I see the "unwatch" button in locked threads.  I'll look into it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:38:44 »

Show Image

Thanks for the confirmation.  Yes, it does appear to be a permissions issue for different membergroups, because I see the "unwatch" button in locked threads.  I'll look into it.

hehe

good thing i remembered to keep all my permissions info from when i had mod powers
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:02:40 »
I edited my post above to add a screenshot.  Are you using a desktop version of the browser?  Please check inside the thread you want to unwatch, at the very top right (desktop browser or desktop view in a mobile browser).  Is there no "Unwatch" button?

Correct there is no "Unwatch" button for locked threads. I can turn notifications on and off, but the unwatch button is totally missing.

Show Image

Mine looks exactly the same.

Here is a previous thread with a potential solution

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46649.0

A workaround is to go into the thread, copy the link from the notify button, paste it into the address bar, replace "action=notify;sa=on;" with "action=unwatch;", and hit enter  ;D

Worked perfectly! Thank you for this.

This issue doesn't come up often enough that it's a big problem so the workaround is probably sufficient, but it should probably be stickied or something to make it easier to find. I did a search and never came across that previous thread.