Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 184937 times)

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
Hey Norbauer, I don't know why but I somehow missed the dead line and just now realised that I really missed the GB. The only option left is this one https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1571/5135/products/blue-brushed-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491597409, right?

Now I just need to figure out which keyset goes well with that colour. If you have any keyset suggestions, please let me know :D

Offline cynviloq

Hey Norbauer, I don't know why but I somehow missed the dead line and just now realised that I really missed the GB. The only option left is this one https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1571/5135/products/blue-brushed-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491597409, right?

Now I just need to figure out which keyset goes well with that colour. If you have any keyset suggestions, please let me know :D

Blue Alert / Olivetti could look nice if you're going all in on the blue!

Offline theillumedpanda

These sets both look excellent. What do you think about GMK Hydro? Would that also work in your eyes?

Offline cynviloq

These sets both look excellent. What do you think about GMK Hydro? Would that also work in your eyes?

Hydro would also look good, though the blue is a bit darker than the Brushed Blue. I think I would prefer the first two over Hydro, but that's just a personal preference. All the blue sets would look great!

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
I agree with all the set color suggestions above. :) And, yes, I can confirm that there are only two options left:

Brushed galactic blue (two left)

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/cnc-aluminum-case-for-cooler-master-tkl-boards-round-2

Dark green, bead-blasted (one left)

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/coolermaster-custom-color-tkl-case-pantone-3435c

Offline cynviloq

I agree with all the set color suggestions above. :) And, yes, I can confirm that there are only two options left:

Show Image

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/cnc-aluminum-case-for-cooler-master-tkl-boards-round-2

Dark green, bead-blasted (one left)
Show Image

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/coolermaster-custom-color-tkl-case-pantone-3435c

The dark green looks awesome every time I see the picture - so glad I signed up for one. Can you say how many of the Dark Green will be produced for this round?

Offline norbauer

The dark green looks awesome every time I see the picture - so glad I signed up for one. Can you say how many of the Dark Green will be produced for this round?

Three total. :)

Offline cynviloq

Three total. :)

E X C L U S I V E

Offline zslane

How many powder-coated white will be made?

Offline norbauer

Without having access to the numbers at the moment, around 3-4 as I recall.

Offline theillumedpanda

Show Image

Hmm, just bought the brushed galactic blue case. Can't wait to have that in my hands! Is that a render or is it a photo? So glad I could get one. Now I just need to source either GMK Olivetti (my favourite) or GMK Blue Alert. Thanks for doing this!

Do you have any plans on creating cases for other keyboards? I'd especially love to see a 60% case with your design! :)

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control

Without having access to the numbers at the moment, around 3-4 as I recall.
Well shoot, now I'm curious how many people went with Retro Refrigerator!  :))
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline nurbs

Re: [GB] CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (r2) ORDERING
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 22:20:31 »

I have heard that as well, but I don't have a Pexon cable myself with which to test.

You can do this with the case, however. ;)

Is this Aerospace Aluminum or Tactical Gray ?

Also, you got PM  :D

Thats regular gray from r1

Thanks man  :thumb:

Is it lighter in color than the current R2 Tactical Gray?

Yes. The R1 gray you see in the video is Cool Gray 11 C while the R2 tactial gray is 2336 C.

Actually, the video is the gray from Originative, a slightly cooler gray than the R1.

I know that's the R1 Originative gray and I listed the correct color. Don't try to correct someone without being confident that there is a error or you'll look like a fool.

Um, I wasn't? Just trying to be helpful since the hand in that video is mine. So sensitive haha.

Offline superpiya

Re: [GB] CNC Aluminum Cases for Cooler Master TKL boards (r2) ORDERING
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 00:33:37 »

I have heard that as well, but I don't have a Pexon cable myself with which to test.

You can do this with the case, however. ;)

Is this Aerospace Aluminum or Tactical Gray ?

Also, you got PM  :D

Thats regular gray from r1

Thanks man  :thumb:

Is it lighter in color than the current R2 Tactical Gray?

Yes. The R1 gray you see in the video is Cool Gray 11 C while the R2 tactial gray is 2336 C.

Actually, the video is the gray from Originative, a slightly cooler gray than the R1.

I know that's the R1 Originative gray and I listed the correct color. Don't try to correct someone without being confident that there is a error or you'll look like a fool.

Um, I wasn't? Just trying to be helpful since the hand in that video is mine. So sensitive haha.

Lol, thanks for the video man. The cable is WSKEN X-cable Mini 2, correct?

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex

i'm planning to put symbiosis on mine.  electric bluegaloo with triumph adler alphas would also probably look sweet.  and then there's gmk nautilus when that finally happens...

Offline norbauer

Sorry for my slow posts today. Just wanted to post an update: there are two brushed galactic blue cases left and that's it. Then I'll be taking the store offline (or, more precisely, turning off the ability to check out.)

I got confirmation from the factory yesterday that they got the deposit and production has begun!! :D

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Sorry for my slow posts today. Just wanted to post an update: there are two brushed galactic blue cases left and that's it. Then I'll be taking the store offline (or, more precisely, turning off the ability to check out.)

I got confirmation from the factory yesterday that they got the deposit and production has begun!! :D

Blessed be s/he who took the last green.  :thumb:

Offline norbauer

Blessed be s/he who took the last green.  :thumb:

And he who told me to do a few green ones in the first place. ;)

Offline superpiya

Wow, and I thought blue would be the most popular pick since there are so many blue keysets out there  :))

Offline zslane

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING (1 spot left!)
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 12:23:57 »
Folks seem completely dazzled by the light green one. I don't know if they even noticed blue was an option after they saw Retro Refrigerator.

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 14:43:39 »
Folks seem completely dazzled by the light green one. I don't know if they even noticed blue was an option after they saw Retro Refrigerator.

id bet way more people got galactic blue than retro refrigerator. The retro is just talked about more, since its a pretty exotic color (as far as mechs go)

Offline bciamny

« Reply #271 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 23:19:45 »
hey norbauer (or anyone else in the know), any idea on whether the cooler master masterkeys s - first look that is on sale at massdrop right now is supported by this case? i'd love to get the speed silvers into this.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:47:59 »
hey norbauer (or anyone else in the know), any idea on whether the cooler master masterkeys s - first look that is on sale at massdrop right now is supported by this case? i'd love to get the speed silvers into this.

It is very likely that the plate would fit (I'm assuming it's the same plate as the Master Key Pro S), but you'd almost certainly have to remove the three LEDs above the arrow keys from the PCB.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 01:30:18 »
Hey, looking at the title - is there any spots open for this?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 01:31:45 »

Hey buddy, I believe this is the last spot:

Offline norbauer

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 11:22:45 »

LightningXI is correct. The only case I have left is a single galactic blue one in the brushed finish.

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #276 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 12:01:37 »

LightningXI is correct. The only case I have left is a single galactic blue one in the brushed finish.
How many of those have you sold? I'm really looking forward to mine.

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 01:20:48 »
Anyone else get one of the "Early Access" cases they want to show off?  ;D

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 08:19:29 »
Anyone else get one of the "Early Access" cases they want to show off?  ;D

I should have a retro refrigerator in around 48 hours.

Will absolutely post pics!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:12:07 »
As promised;

Waiting on /dev/tty CMYK R5 mods and SA Oblivion F-keys and mods for every other key.

Endgame is only a year away ...
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:20:42 by clappingcactus »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:19:14 »
As promised;

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Waiting on /dev/tty CMYK R5 mods and SA Oblivion F-keys and mods for every other key.

Oh man, that is going to be one hard-core retro keyboard when you're done. I love it.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:21:21 »
By the way, the cases are almost done (!)—well ahead of schedule. Machining is likely to be done tomorrow, and then anodizing next week, barring unforeseen problems (and when aren't there any.)

I think I'm maybe going to use the extra time to get some custom boxes and packaging made so that they'll be well protected during shipment. With any luck, stuff should hopefully be shipping out around the beginning of next month, still nicely ahead of schedule.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:26:53 »
Oh man, that is going to be one hard-core retro keyboard when you're done. I love it.

Agreed. I have always wanted a Dolch inspired board but never liked the general colours for keyboards it came with. The minute I imagined it sitting on a mint green a couple of months ago, I couldn't get the idea out of my head. BTW I tried to colour balance as well as I could, but the case really is minty green more than it is blue in real life! Absolutely a 'retro refrigerator' colour!

For people who have never owned a Norbauer case before, man it's a perfect fit (I mean perfect). The tiny amount of wiggle room left between the Novatouch's plate and the bottom half of the case is perfectly countered by the vertical clearance (almost none) making sure there's no dead space anywhere. Typing on it right now and it feels, looks and sounds amazing. I hope everyone else who gets these is just as happy with them.

:)

And I can't to see what you do next, norbauer.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 19:28:03 »
I unfortunately have some issues with my budget...if anyone is interested in buying my spot and Norbauer allows transfers, I have a blue beadblasted case spot that I can sell. please PM me.

Offline richard912

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:27:14 »
By the way, the cases are almost done (!)—well ahead of schedule. Machining is likely to be done tomorrow, and then anodizing next week, barring unforeseen problems (and when aren't there any.)

I think I'm maybe going to use the extra time to get some custom boxes and packaging made so that they'll be well protected during shipment. With any luck, stuff should hopefully be shipping out around the beginning of next month, still nicely ahead of schedule.
Thanks for the update!

Offline zslane

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:00:42 »

MT3 is noticeably shorter than SA. I think mixing them would look and feel pretty odd.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 22:03:25 »
As promised;

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek: that is so sick looking! I have no idea what I'm going pair with this case but it looked too good to pass up - really glad I went with Retro after seeing your post.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 03:21:38 »

It's getting real! HYPE! :cool:

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 04:29:42 »
Hey Norbauer, I've sent you an email. I just wanted to make sure that you've received it.

Cheers

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 07:38:54 »

MT3 is noticeably shorter than SA. I think mixing them would look and feel pretty odd.
I'm hoping since I generally don't mind that some keysets go SA r4-r3 on the bottom two rows, that I also wouldn't mind mixing profiles. We'll see. If all my mods end up being oblivion it won't be so bad either haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline iichigoz

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 23:29:05 »
Hi the thread stated that there is one more spot left but I couldn't make any order? Is it taken?

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 23:58:26 »
Hi the thread stated that there is one more spot left but I couldn't make any order? Is it taken?
You should PM or email Ryan (or both), he has the details.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 11:52:02 »
Hey Norbauer, I've sent you an email. I just wanted to make sure that you've received it.

Cheers

Hiya theillumedpanda. Since I don't always know how GH usernames map to real-world names, I can't be sure that I've replied to you, but at present I don't think I have any unanswered messages. Feel free to ping me if i missed anything. ;)

Offline norbauer

Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, MANUFACTURING
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 11:52:51 »

I'm sorry to report that the final extra case actually sold yesterday. I have now updated the thread title.

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 12:04:34 »

Cheers

Hiya theillumedpanda. Since I don't always know how GH usernames map to real-world names, I can't be sure that I've replied to you, but at present I don't think I have any unanswered messages. Feel free to ping me if i missed anything. ;)
Nope, everything's fine! I'm the one with the Blue Brushed Case. I'll reply to your latest email, sorry, I was a bit busy.

Now I just need to source a Novatouch :D

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 16:39:17 »
I'm looking to sell my Galactic Blue (brushed) spot (seen here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1571/5135/products/blue-brushed-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491597409). If you're interested in it, please PM me.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 16:52:55 »
I'm looking to sell my Galactic Blue (brushed) spot (seen here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1571/5135/products/blue-brushed-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491597409). If you're interested in it, please PM me.

BTW, if you swap places with theillumedpanda, the case will ship directly to you, new and unopened. :)

Offline theillumedpanda

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 16:58:37 »
Thanks for clarifying. Let's see if I can find someone. They indeed look stunning, I've just spent way too much money recently.

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 19:36:40 »
I'm also looking to transfer one of my orders if anyone is interested. Color is retro refrigerator.