Author Topic: Did usb cables  (Read 6751 times)

Offline gjkrisa

Did usb cables
« on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 02:01:19 »
Hi I want to get into making my own usb cables specially usb c cables so hard to find a good cable with all the features I want
Any sites you recommend for parts?

I really like the pcv cables that Google use to sale.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 July 2017, 00:49:22 by gjkrisa »

Re: Did usb cables
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 22:08:51 »
Its pretty difficult unless your buying in bulk to get just usb ends or wanna pay a stupid high amount of money for them.I made some dongles that go from usb mini to usb micro and have wsken magnetic plugs on them so I have one cable on my desk and can pop and swap keebs all day without wearing my ports out

Offline fleischverpackung

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 12:24:38 »
boah micro soldering..
it won't look nice.

Online Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 13:49:06 »
USB C has so many individual wires in them that things are very very small.
Maybe you could buy ready-made cables, strip the sleeving and remake it, but I think that's it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 18:48:44 »
C is too soon to buy connectors cheap most likely, and as mentioned, NO! The difficulty in making them is going to be extremely high.  I did a mini once, it was bad enough. forget trying C.

Now if you are doing an A to C, buy one and replace the A end, but even that isn't going to be all the much fun.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 23:41:27 »
Easy way to get going is to buy a base cable that's already made, then you can take apart the regular USB part slide on your sleeve and solder back together then shrink wrap it.

You can get some really cool techflex and pretty much any color shrinkwrap from cableorganizer.com

Also Paracord makes a pretty decent base sleeve that you can then put techflex over to give you some cool combos.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.