Author Topic: Greetings from South Texas  (Read 1456 times)

Offline letsfixitinpost

Greetings from South Texas
« on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 12:43:44 »
Just saying hi.  I got into a keyboard deep dive around christmas to replace my aging Corsair K70 Vengeance.  Once I began to dig deeper I realized there's an entire world here, and now I'm determined to put together a custom editing keyboard.  I work at post houses and all they have are the logic board mac keyboards.  So my goal is to do something with silver switches thats still a bit shallow, but a mech and more stylish.

Regardless of that, I'm also just in the market for a new daily driver.  I've been looking a the Ducky shine 6, but I'm beginning to weigh the merits of a TKL since even in editing I barely use timecode anymore so I don't need a num pad.

Anyway, going to keep researching, and hello

Offline seville57

Re: Greetings from South Texas
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:22:29 »
Just saying hi.  I got into a keyboard deep dive around christmas to replace my aging Corsair K70 Vengeance.  Once I began to dig deeper I realized there's an entire world here, and now I'm determined to put together a custom editing keyboard.  I work at post houses and all they have are the logic board mac keyboards.  So my goal is to do something with silver switches thats still a bit shallow, but a mech and more stylish.

Regardless of that, I'm also just in the market for a new daily driver.  I've been looking a the Ducky shine 6, but I'm beginning to weigh the merits of a TKL since even in editing I barely use timecode anymore so I don't need a num pad.

Anyway, going to keep researching, and hello

Hi and welcome to Geekhack!

Here is a Ducky One TKL with silver switches:
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2416

I have 2 (not TKL) Ducky One k - boards and they works fine.

One of my 2 Ducky Ones: Ducky One RGB YOTG.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:31:05 by seville57 »