Author Topic: [IC] Pulse SA - Round 3  (Read 28225 times)

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
Re: [IC] Pulse SA - Round 3
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 10:38:12 »
Like you even need to 'Interest Check' anything Mito... just build it and they will come  ;D

Yup. My only complaint is that I won't have it now. Hope this goes up real soon!
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 12:52:34 »
Like you even need to 'Interest Check' anything Mito... just build it and they will come  ;D

Yup. My only complaint is that I won't have it now. Hope this goes up real soon!

This IC mainly serves as a forum for feedback, there have been plenty of suggestions and resulting changes to the kits due to that already.

Offline Merfolk

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 00:19:47 »
Is there a row3 1.25u FN key anywhere? I don't see one.

Please put this key in the Text Mods kit.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 08:41:51 »
Any reason no number pad is being offered in the purple mitolet option? It will look odd with the other number pad in Black normal profile. Please consider a numpad to match this beautiful set.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:32:47 »
Any reason no number pad is being offered in the purple mitolet option? It will look odd with the other number pad in Black normal profile. Please consider a numpad to match this beautiful set.

I believe he stated that the Mitolet set is meant as a standalone 40%-TKL kit. While I would like the flexibility of having a numpad, I love the idea of a set geared toward covering the vast majority of small boards so that you can get away with one set for the majority of them. Usually have to buy like 2-3 sets just to cover these small boards, so this set is really appealing to me (doubly because of the profile). Plus, that purple... Also, I think that I saw a reply from Mito at one point to not worry if you like that colorway, but not that specific set layout because a full SA Laser set is planned at some point in the future.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 15:07:39 »

I believe he stated that the Mitolet set is meant as a standalone 40%-TKL kit. While I would like the flexibility of having a numpad, I love the idea of a set geared toward covering the vast majority of small boards so that you can get away with one set for the majority of them. Usually have to buy like 2-3 sets just to cover these small boards, so this set is really appealing to me (doubly because of the profile). Plus, that purple... Also, I think that I saw a reply from Mito at one point to not worry if you like that colorway, but not that specific set layout because a full SA Laser set is planned at some point in the future.

How does this cover 40% boards like the Planck or MiniVan? I can see the TKL, but the Mitolet kit is missing certain keys to make it appropriate for smaller boards. Either way, I'm probably getting it...but it would be nice to have a numpad in the same color.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:20:28 »

How does this cover 40% boards like the Planck or MiniVan? I can see the TKL, but the Mitolet kit is missing certain keys to make it appropriate for smaller boards. Either way, I'm probably getting it...but it would be nice to have a numpad in the same color.

In SA Godspeed with the cockpit set, you had to purchase the 40% set also.  That might not be applicable since it's a different color in this case, or maybe he needs to make a 40s set for Mitolet?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:28:41 »

In SA Godspeed with the cockpit set, you had to purchase the 40% set also.  That might not be applicable since it's a different color in this case, or maybe he needs to make a 40s set for Mitolet?

But that would add more kits and would almost make sense to run Mitolet by itself. I think adding numpad keys would only help it as a stand alone kit

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:05:34 »

But that would add more kits and would almost make sense to run Mitolet by itself. I think adding numpad keys would only help it as a stand alone kit

I'm just stating what he said when I asked him for Godspeed.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:58:57 »
Now that I look at the renders on Mito's site, I need that purple for my purple boards. Damn sexy!!

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 00:13:29 »
I know it won't happen but I would buy a row 4 to row 3 conversion kit for the cyan on black alphas, if it were offered.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 March 2018, 00:16:51 by iliketimex »

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 08:48:18 »

I agree with this completely. Big boards are on the rise, and I, along with many others, already have normal pulse. That purple kit would be the only reason I would join this round, but without a number pad to match it is a big no for me. I’m not in to smaller boards so as much as I love the keyset, I feel it would be an incomplete set for me. Maybe run a pull just to gauge interest to see if it would be worth your time ? I truly feel you are cutting out half your player base by not offering the accompanying sets in that awesome color. 😢

Offline Phenix

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 13:31:53 »
are you sure about that the "Split kit" will actually fit a Kinesis?
I doubt it: the ergodox uses 1.5u mod keys while the Kinesis advantage uses 1.25u mod keys

so.... !?
Winter is coming.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:37:03 »
So Pulse is now live on Massdrop ... is there a GB thread yet?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:40:38 »

They banned Mito on here. So... no. I guess someone else could make one, but you know.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:47:13 »

They banned Mito on here. So... no. I guess someone else could make one, but you know.

Did they?  He doesn't show as banned...

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:47:52 »

They banned Mito? Well i won't get into the politics of that, but I first learned of Pulse on geekhack. That is too bad.

The discussion of Pulse on MD is turning really negative, which I disagree with. People seem to want every single option in a keyset, for every single keyboard made, in every single Pulse colorway possible, for the cheapest price possible if not cheaper, and that's not really how life works. But I guess i said my peace and will enjoy the Pulse keycaps I ordered.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:51:47 »
A TKL+novelties+arrows is north of $200 shipped right now. I need to do some soul searching. I know I'll regret it if I don't jump in, but damn.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:03:20 »
A TKL+novelties+arrows is north of $200 shipped right now. I need to do some soul searching. I know I'll regret it if I don't jump in, but damn.

I think the TKL (black alphas + normal mods) is $109 shipped. It is all the child kits that seem to be higher than normal, but not that much higher compared to a set like Carbon. But people can still get a TKL or standard 60% keyboard filled for about $100. I guess the negativity is about pricing. This is already a successful group buy in terms of orders, I just don't see why there is so much bad blood going around.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:11:16 »

I think the TKL (black alphas + normal mods) is $109 shipped. It is all the child kits that seem to be higher than normal, but not that much higher compared to a set like Carbon. But people can still get a TKL or standard 60% keyboard filled for about $100. I guess the negativity is about pricing. This is already a successful group buy in terms of orders, I just don't see why there is so much bad blood going around.
You're right, thanks. Either prices have hit lower price points since I first tried, or I had made a mistake in picking my sets. It looks like it's in line with other SA sets now. TKL+arrows+novelties is $162 shipped.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:38:00 »

this might sound crazy but i don't think they would let anyone...i would imagine by the treatment of the md ic's that gh gb's are not considered in the same cat...i think they will end up not locking the ic...it does seam a little messy...but i looked and couldn't see banned n e where...if that is true i must admit it to be a little disheartening...but after seeing some of your comments on the poster thread ima take with a grain of salt...no offense...but ur av reads n e thn but intellectual super star
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:19:04 by jimirolln »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:48:31 »

Proof? Sounds like you're starting something unnecessary.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:51:51 »

They need more sales and drama = traffic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:03:14 »

What would I be starting? Someone asked a question, I answered. I don't think I need to forward any kind of proof or justify myself for relaying information pertinent to a question someone asked. Maybe he can come forward and confirm/deny, seems he's been pretty quiet since the introduction of the Noir kits a month ago.

PS: I think this thread being active is an infringement of the rules, not sure why a mod hasn't locked it yet. Or Mito, if he can.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:11:11 »
jesus christ this bit...i used to think that was the thirsty face...now i know it's the lame face you make when tryna get someones thread locked

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:14:49 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:20:28 »
Yes MiTo is banned from GH for bothing making alts (we have proof via IP) and for harrassing staff members via those alts.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:27:28 »
Yes MiTo is banned from GH for bothing making alts (we have proof via IP) and for harrassing staff members via those alts.
IP isn't proof. It's circumstantial at best. What if someone else was simply using the same computer?

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:30:42 »
mito said peace out

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66241.msg1550068.msg#1550068

no reason to debate it w sig...he is not mod team...let it go

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:37:21 »
mito said peace out

Wow... you're impressive.
First, did you check the timestamps in that thread. It's from years ago and even the last post in that thread is from last year... long before the first post in this thread.
Secondly, Sig *IS* on the mod team. It says so right there under his name.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:42:02 »

Ah, good old MiTo.

I think the best farewell message would be: Godspeed!

:))

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:42:05 »
mito said peace out

Wow... you're impressive.
First, did you check the timestamps in that thread. It's from years ago and even the last post in that thread is from last year... long before the first post in this thread.
Secondly, Sig *IS* on the mod team. It says so right there under his name.

no i did not check the time stamp...is and on a team is a stretch...and it is a non starter regardless...but i will stand down and let you crusade to bring some one back to a community they may not even be inclined to come back to...maybe you can set up some meetings w mod team and hold a hearing pleading your case...im dead...gg...good luck

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:58:02 »
Ah, good old MiTo.

I think the best farewell message would be: Godspeed!

:))

Suppose people don't ever change ey.

Or do they?

Would've thought someone who's been on the internet for so many years and from such a young age would be aware of how IPs and forums work and would not endanger what is a big part of their life to insult someone who can impact or entirely halt his participation in a relevant channel.

Quirky situation is it not, usually you know which side of a conundrum like this you can put your faith on.

And again, shouldn't this thread be closed down? The issue of Mito not closing his Laser thread at the appropriate time being brought up as a big issue that led to conflict and/or warnings at the time/later on. I'm not trying to call out Signature (whom I believe to be a good guy and appropriate for the position of an actual mod) on not doing his job, I'm just saying firstly consistency is important to not appear biased and secondly permanating the circlejerk when only one side of the corral is able to defend themselves is hardly proper in any case.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:01:36 »
that feeln you get when you see something so cringe it hurts...this is not high school...but part of me wants mod team to lock it just to imagine the gasm face you'd make at the thought of your only contribution to the community
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:08:43 by jimirolln »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:26:32 »
Yes this is a touchy subject, however my only purpose was to inform that he was indeed banned, but feel free to send me a pm!

Please continue the discussion on the keyset :)

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:41:06 »
those runes tho...am i right...lul

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:34:25 »
IP isn't proof. It's circumstantial at best. What if someone else was simply using the same computer?

That was an oversimplification of many reasons (over few years) for which he was banned.  Also, to clear a misconception, when we look at potential alt accounts, we don't only take IP addresses into consideration.

Thread locked due to the group buy being open on Massdrop.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -