Author Topic: [IC] ALF DC60(GB is over!!!!)  (Read 41059 times)

Offline nickaster1

Re: [IC] ALF DC60(Deluxe is Here!!!updated)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 07:55:13 »
One question. Is the Yellow colored the only option available for the deluxe version? I’m really digging the deep blue

Offline JoeriW

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 08:13:16 »
I'm in for the deluxe version in Everest White, looks great. I think ALF on the bottom looks slightly better but maybe DC60 in a different font would look good too. Would stay away from any led's personally.

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:46:12 »
I'm in for the deluxe, for me it doesn't need leds but I agree on the weight - the internal size is good but for me personally I'd reduce the lettering scale by around 40%.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 11:14:54 »
At least give us an option for diffuse LED/RGB lighting, would look pretty great imo. I don't like the side profile as much, it should be like the basic version. Not as clean.

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 11:42:48 »
One question. Is the Yellow colored the only option available for the deluxe version? I’m really digging the deep blue
just to clarify, yellow color is just sample only, we will bring more colors out when gb.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 12:55:12 »
I'm absolutely loving this case! The grey/green one is perfect for a build I'm working on.

How much does the prototype weigh? And if the premium version has an added weight, do you know how much that one will weigh? I've recently discovered that the heavier the better, at least for me, so I'm very curious how much this case will weigh.
1.2kg for the basic version.

Offline gjch

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 13:28:57 »
How much does the prototype weigh? And if the premium version has an added weight, do you know how much that one will weigh? I've recently discovered that the heavier the better, at least for me, so I'm very curious how much this case will weigh.
1.2kg for the basic version.

Nice! Very similar to the GH60 case without the added weight insert (which is about 1.3kg).

1) The DC60 weight looks too big from the bottom view, how do you think?
2) Side view i am good, what is your words?
3) I am considering about add some LED

1) I think both weights have their own appeal, so personally I would vote for whichever has the potential to add the most weight to the case.

2) Side view of the premium version, I'm not a big fan myself. The cutout on the side makes it so I would have to go with the basic version, as it makes the case look more modern/futuristic and that goes against the build I would be buying this case for.

3) I would  lean towards no LEDs myself, but having LEDs probably (depending on how they were implemented) wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 14:07:46 »
I don't really like the cutout on the side. I prefer the simplicity of the standard version.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 14:20:04 »
I like the ALF logo. No LEDs please, it's not a toy  :D

I also support the Alf logo. Or maybe something more exciting. Current DC60 logo is a bit dull.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 14:20:23 »
I mean Alf logo as the weights.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 22:21:34 »
Thanks for all the replies!

so far imo,
1) We will change our weight design from "DC60" into "ALF".

2) For side cutting, we have designed many different ways but TBH if we don't make prototype out, it is hard to tell. DC60 is not retro style casing, we want to create something more modern and cool. So we will stick to our side cutting design so far. hope you guys support us:)

3) For LED, maybe not for this time.

4) One more thing, we will engrave "DC60 for GeekHack, Designed by ALF" inside casing, maybe on the weight or somewhere:) Heard Massdrop bought GeekHack over, all the best for GeekHack as well as Massdrop.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 22:41:06 »
I like the Alf logo. Definitely interested!

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 22:42:24 »
Thanks for all the replies!

so far imo,
1) We will change our weight design from "DC60" into "ALF".

2) For side cutting, we have designed many different ways but TBH if we don't make prototype out, it is hard to tell. DC60 is not retro style casing, we want to create something more modern and cool. So we will stick to our side cutting design so far. hope you guys support us:)

3) For LED, maybe not for this time.

4) One more thing, we will engrave "DC60 for GeekHack, Designed by ALF" inside casing, maybe on the weight or somewhere:) Heard Massdrop bought GeekHack over, all the best for GeekHack as well as Massdrop.
That engraving gonna be quite nice in’t it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elizar_vistal

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 10:20:50 »
Wow amazing I’m exited to orange color....

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 10:31:51 »
I mean Alf logo as the weights.
Yes! We will update render soon:)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 02:33:51 »

Just saw some violet color samples. Truly amazing ...

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 02:36:54 »

Wait where?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 18:48:56 »

Wait where?

From the designer’s factory ... I’m not authorized to post here though (I think). I will ask ALF.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 July 2018, 20:07:35 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] ALF DC60(Basic & Deluxe)
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 20:06:58 »
I'm absolutely loving this case! The grey/green one is perfect for a build I'm working on.

I took a sneak peak of the grey/green case. Color is spot on. I heard ALF is basically staying at the factory for a week to monitor the anodizing process. Maybe Louis can post a picture soon.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 20:13:53 »

I took a sneak peak of the grey/green case. Color is spot on. I heard ALF is basically staying at the factory for a week to monitor the anodizing process. Maybe Louis can post a picture soon.
I was on the edge because of the Fusion60 before. Not anymore after you said that

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 21:47:02 »
some orange samples as well.

Also, ALF prepares nice packaging for all the buyers. Looks nicer and more importantly, make sure there is no damage issues when shipping and bring the best case to all the buyers.

This morning i have discussed with ALF about the groupbuy. We will run basic version and deluxe version separately. Reasons: fast pace for basic version and due to the tight cnc factory schedule, deluxe may delay a bit(mass production vs make prototype is different). For those ppl who are interested on basic version, they can join the gb firstly.

i will open the gb for basic version soon. Also for deluxe version, we need to redraw the CAD and finish the render first, prototype it out later.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 21:49:26 »

Also, ALF prepares nice packaging for all the buyers. Looks nicer and more importantly, make sure there is no damage issues when shipping and bring the best case to all the buyers.

This morning i have discussed with ALF about the groupbuy. We will run basic version and deluxe version separately. Reasons: fast pace for basic version and due to the tight cnc factory schedule, deluxe may delay a bit(mass production vs make prototype is different). For those ppl who are interested on basic version, they can join the gb firstly.

i will open the gb for basic version soon. Also for deluxe version, we need to redraw the CAD and finish the render first, prototype it out later.

Hmm what if I am the fence and can't decide on which version to get? Will there be overlaps in the GB dates?

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 22:00:42 »

Hmm what if I am the fence and can't decide on which version to get? Will there be overlaps in the GB dates?
Nope,it won't overlaps. We will run the gb 2 weeks for basic version. The deluxe design almost here, we only changed weight design. But we haven't finished CAD and render yet, also cnc factory tight schedule for mass production, we decided to run the basic version first.

Offline nickaster1

Re: [IC] ALF DC60(Basic Version GB soon, Deluxe version in process)
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 22:02:00 »

Nope,it won't overlaps. We will run the gb 2 weeks for basic version. The deluxe design almost here, we only changed weight design. But we haven't finished CAD and render yet, also cnc factory tight schedule for mass production, we decided to run the basic version first.
How much more expensive are we looking at for the deluxe version?

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
[IC] ALF DC60(Basic Version GB soon, Deluxe version in process)
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 22:49:02 »

estimated cost around 280 USD including case + plate + pcb, only estimated cos we haven't prototype yet, cannot give exact price. I also suggested that we can provide brass plate/alum plate, even add some special colors(like blue-black and etc).
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 July 2018, 23:46:37 by ilouis_07 »

Offline gnunin

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 01:44:38 »
Will the hhkb version be available in the standard, or just the deluxe version? Got any pictures of the hhkb version?

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:13:01 »
How much does the basic dc60 weigh? Also have you decided a date for the gb?

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:15:26 »
Can't tell from the drawings, but is the deluxe version tray-mount still?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:32:31 »
For deluxe, it is definitely case mount.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:46:14 »

Sorry by case mount you meant top mount right? Cause afaik case mount is a general term which includes tray mount as well.

If yes, would be keeping tabs on this! Definitely interested!

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:58:08 »

1.2kg per casing itself. I still waiting all the photos from ALF, my idea is to show all the sample pics out first,one color per one photo. Easy to see the real color on keyboard and easy to make choice also:)

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 03:01:01 »

Sorry by case mount you meant top mount right? Cause afaik case mount is a general term which includes tray mount as well.

If yes, would be keeping tabs on this! Definitely interested!
yup, top mount! same thing like canoe. sorry i tot it named case mount. Let me clarify, it is TOP MOUNT:)
Thanks for your interested:333

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 03:04:24 »
Will the hhkb version be available in the standard, or just the deluxe version? Got any pictures of the hhkb version?
Sorry for basic version doesn't have hhkb version. Because it doesn't have top casing.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 03:22:58 »

estimated cost around 280 USD including case + plate + pcb, only estimated cos we haven't prototype yet, cannot give exact price. I also suggested that we can provide brass plate/alum plate, even add some special colors(like blue-black and etc).
Didn’t expect such a jump. This is gonna squeeze my wallet again :)

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 04:15:01 »

1.2kg per casing itself. I still waiting all the photos from ALF, my idea is to show all the sample pics out first,one color per one photo. Easy to see the real color on keyboard and easy to make choice also:)
Nice, can't wait to see the purple

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 09:34:19 »
Oh, one more question - where would the keys sit in this board? Right at the top near the edges or slightly sunken in?

Offline cldskt

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 09:36:48 »
Would you open up a separate IC for the Deluxe Version?

If it's not too late, I would like to cast my vote on Champagne Gold colour option please :)

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 10:37:18 »

If it's not too late, I would like to cast my vote on Champagne Gold colour option please :)
Sounds a good idea:3

Offline gnunin

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 10:40:17 »
Sorry for basic version doesn't have hhkb version. Because it doesn't have top casing.

:'(

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 11:12:30 »
Oh, one more question - where would the keys sit in this board? Right at the top near the edges or slightly sunken in?
can refer to this pic, we just assembled one set:D
Keycap using GMk cherry profile.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 11:15:43 »
can refer to this pic, we just assembled one set:D
Keycap using GMk cherry profile.
From the side view, there is no gap in between.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:55:34 »

haha, pretty sure ALF is able to make it happen (if there is enough demand)

Offline Dovan1405

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 11:33:09 »
Not sure if anyone asked but, will this support a dz60pcb? I wanna have a split spacebar :O

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 19:05:28 »
Took another sneak peak. The Everest White option is absolutely astonishing. Haven't seen anything this clean. Definitely something worth looking forward to.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 19:35:17 »
Yesss... i’ve been waiting to build a white board for a while.. I already have some good keycaps to go with it.. how long until the gb drops and shipped? Before august ends hopefully considering the pace its going?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 July 2018, 19:37:00 by mikenogo »

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 20:59:10 »
Not sure if anyone asked but, will this support a dz60pcb? I wanna have a split spacebar :O

can! it can support almost the 60% PCB.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 21:05:05 »
Yesss... i’ve been waiting to build a white board for a while.. I already have some good keycaps to go with it.. how long until the gb drops and shipped? Before august ends hopefully considering the pace its going?
so far everything is ready except the beautiful prototype photos. gb will run 2 weeks and manufacture need 4-5 weeks(cnc+anodizing+packaging).

Offline Aquiver

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 21:35:29 »
When will the groupbuy for the basic version start?

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 22:19:51 »
so far everything is ready except the beautiful prototype photos. gb will run 2 weeks and manufacture need 4-5 weeks(cnc+anodizing+packaging).
That’s some amazingly fast process. Hope to be in the GB soon

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 02:11:04 »
Will there be enough space to integrate a battery should I decide to go with a bluetooth pcb?