Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871299 times)

Offline Kavik

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4550 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 22:42:16 »
I am currently playing Fall Guys. It's supposed to be a cute kids' game, but I swear just as much while playing it as I do during any other game. It's infuriatingly hard.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4551 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 02:38:30 »
Finished Desperado 3 - amazing game if you like this kind of genre.

UUUUUUUUUU NOICE ONE  :thumb:

I totally love the comando-strategy games based in turns. The las that I played have been Mutant Year Zero which is quite cool. And befor that the Shadow tactics Blades of the Shogun, which is very the same asthetic as Desperado. Really cool games.

I just bought during Black Friday The Jedi Fallen orther and Death Stranding, plus I still have half Zelda BOTW to play. That together with World Of Tonks I have Christmas Holidays quite resolved.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4552 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 12:18:52 »
Finished Desperado 3 - amazing game if you like this kind of genre.

UUUUUUUUUU NOICE ONE  :thumb:

I totally love the comando-strategy games based in turns. The las that I played have been Mutant Year Zero which is quite cool. And befor that the Shadow tactics Blades of the Shogun, which is very the same asthetic as Desperado. Really cool games.

I just bought during Black Friday The Jedi Fallen orther and Death Stranding, plus I still have half Zelda BOTW to play. That together with World Of Tonks I have Christmas Holidays quite resolved.

Yeah, I think I'm going to play Shadow tactics again:)
I loved it first time.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4553 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 22:02:38 »
yeah sex is cool but have you ever upgraded your dartling monkey into the ray of doom?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4554 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 00:08:16 »
Kenshi on PC. At first it seems boring until you find a goal for yourself, then it is certainly not boring. 
9/10 would start a human skin farming cartel in the swamp again :thumb:

This game is so good I put in 20+ hrs over the past few days and am starting totally over without feeling the slightest bit bad about it because I know my journey will be completely different.

Kenshi is an amazing game, it's the most open-ended RPG you will ever play in your life. Fully autistic. I cannot stop playing it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4555 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:23:06 »
Is there a PC game like The Last of Us Part II?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4556 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:32:06 »
Just started on Cyberpunk 2077, haven't really gone much into the game as I find myself suddenly busy helping out my friend. Also replaying Serious Sam 4 and Metro Exodus, and its expansions.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:34:54 by PadawanGeek »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4557 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 15:15:08 »
Is there a PC game like The Last of Us Part II?

There's plenty of poorly written PC games with detestable characters.

Just started on Cyberpunk 2077, haven't really gone much into the game as I find myself suddenly busy helping out my friend. Also replaying Serious Sam 4 and Metro Exodus, and its expansions.

How is Serious Sam 4?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4558 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 22:50:56 »
Beat Quake E1M1 in 2:38 100% all kills and secrets

can you do better?

Offline retoid

« Reply #4559 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 00:54:18 »
Too much CS:GO.
And Catacomb Kids.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4560 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 06:51:43 »
Me and the lads played Btd6 4 player co op and i got the useless side of the map aka only snipers and farms ):

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #4561 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 16:10:35 »
Downloaded Redream the other day and a load of isos. Been playing a lot of Daytona 2001 (I love it, overly twitchy controls and all). Also playing through Bangai-O which is one of the funniest videogames ever made IMO. Looking forward to dabbling with Cosmic Smash, Wetrix and Mr. Driller which I've never got around to playing for some reason. MDK2, Crazy Taxi 1/2 and MSR also on the to do list. I had a quick play of GTA2 which is the only GTA I've never played and I must say, the controls seem bloody awful. I'll stick with it a little longer maybe I'll get used to it.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4562 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 06:31:51 »
I just started Jedi Fallen Order and it's giving me mixed feelings. I like for games to be a challenge, so I usually play them in a hard difficulty. I gess I haven't played a game like that in a long time casuse I'm having a hell of a time with some low life creatures and enemies.
I don't like the fight mechanics, they are slow, poor and unresponsive. Nor do I like the checkpoint system, healing and the enemy respawn they have inmplemented.

But I love star wars, the game design is awesome, the worlds are gorgeous to look at (and I play at 1080p). You get to play with a light saber and use the force. I just completed the first dungeon and loved it.

I gess I have been playing too much of World of Tanks with Christmas Ops. The game style and mechanics are very different, so I gess I lost practice with the controls.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4563 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 16:01:17 »
I finally beat The Ancient Gods - Part 1 expansion for Doom Eternal on nightmare difficulty. It took me almost two months to beat a three level expansion that some of the people on /r/Doom supposedly beat the day it was released (without losing a life).

I am having a hard time determining if I enjoyed it. It was so hard that I think I only beat it because, statistically, I had to beat it eventually if I played each section enough times. I'm not sure if I actually got better at the game or just didn't give up.

Now I have to beat the "master level" re-dos of the main campaign levels that were released a few days ago.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4564 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 16:12:22 »
Now I have to beat the "master level" re-dos of the main campaign levels that were released a few days ago.

you need to use weapon switching to kill the bigger dudes faster.

Offline moosekeyboards

« Reply #4565 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 07:54:33 »
factorio, minecraft, and 100 steam games i'll never play :))

Offline phinix

« Reply #4566 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 14:29:44 »
I have installed and played Alien Isolation for about first 20 minutes and uninstalled it.
I just can't, I must be getting old, just can't sit and watch this - hard to say if its too scary or just I'm annoyed that something can jump on me any moment.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4567 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 18:14:13 »
I have installed and played Alien Isolation for about first 20 minutes and uninstalled it.
I just can't, I must be getting old, just can't sit and watch this - hard to say if its too scary or just I'm annoyed that something can jump on me any moment.

that game has some incredible sound design

Offline yuppie

« Reply #4568 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 18:19:10 »
factorio, minecraft, and 100 steam games i'll never play :))

we should get a factorio map going for geekhack -- anyone can join -- little to no mods (maybe just long reach)
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline yqqdrasil

« Reply #4569 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 19:22:15 »
Rust & Escape from Tarkov!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4570 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 16:18:39 »

you need to use weapon switching to kill the bigger dudes faster.

That's what I keep seeing on Youtube and Reddit. My brain can hardly deal with the speed of the enemies and my own movement, much less weapons combos wherein I only use each gun for less than a second. My main strategy was to stand at a distance and use the chain gun's mobile turret because of the high DPS, usually followed by the Plasma Rifle. But I do need to learn the fast combos to get better.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4571 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 17:12:36 »
Is Death Stranding worth buying? Did you guys played it and liked it? I have a coupon for Epic games and can buy it for £17
I can't decide between these games:
Death Stranding
Disco Elysium
STAR WARS Squadrons
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2020, 17:25:28 by phinix »

Offline Alga

« Reply #4572 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 03:51:38 »
Is Death Stranding worth buying? Did you guys played it and liked it? I have a coupon for Epic games and can buy it for £17
Death Stranding
Disco Elysium
STAR WARS Squadrons

I haven't played Death Stranding, though I bought when I saw it discounted. If you like the weird stories of Kojima and don't mind seeing 'made by Kojima' like in every two screens that game is regarded one of the best of 2020. I haven't played it yet but for what I've seen the story and game mode is interesting at least.

Also, isn't Disco Elysium a comando style game like Desperado 3? If you enjoy the game style you will most likely enjoy that one too.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4573 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:56:24 »
Death Stranding
Disco Elysium
STAR WARS Squadrons

I haven't played Death Stranding, though I bought when I saw it discounted. If you like the weird stories of Kojima and don't mind seeing 'made by Kojima' like in every two screens that game is regarded one of the best of 2020. I haven't played it yet but for what I've seen the story and game mode is interesting at least.

Also, isn't Disco Elysium a comando style game like Desperado 3? If you enjoy the game style you will most likely enjoy that one too.

Yeah, I ended up buying it:)
I played first 4 hours and its ok, very nice graphics, which I always like, gameplay is ok, I need to get used to the walking routine I guess.
This is that kind of game where you need to get yourself immersed in the story, give it a time to uncover, which in this case takes time.

Disco Elysium is adventure/RPG game, not like Desperados:) It has millions of txt lines, one of the best stories you can get in games etc
For me, not being native english it sounds a bit overwhelming, so need to wait till they get all translations done.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4574 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 05:35:58 »
Yeah, I ended up buying it:)
I played first 4 hours and its ok, very nice graphics, which I always like, gameplay is ok, I need to get used to the walking routine I guess.
This is that kind of game where you need to get yourself immersed in the story, give it a time to uncover, which in this case takes time.

Disco Elysium is adventure/RPG game, not like Desperados:) It has millions of txt lines, one of the best stories you can get in games etc
For me, not being native english it sounds a bit overwhelming, so need to wait till they get all translations done.

Noice! Yes, the first half of the game is a walking simulator, but as you said it needs to unravel, the tempo of the game is slow. But in hindsight there are poop grenades (I believe to have seen it in a stream).

GL & HF ;)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4575 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 09:23:53 »
Death Stranding
Disco Elysium
STAR WARS Squadrons

Buy Disco Elysium instead. Death stranding big walking simulator and it's not really enjoyable to play.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #4576 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 11:49:51 »
I didn't really enjoy any of the Metal Gear games and I don't like adventure open world stuff much but I loved Death Stranding. The story is a little all over the place but the performances from the actors are so good it really holds it together.

Getting from one place to another is generally the part that bores me in this kind of thing so the fact they built loads of fun mechanics into that made it really entertaining to me, as opposed to something like GTA5 where the driving is sort of effortless and there's no potential for something bad to happen.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2020, 11:51:23 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #4577 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 17:25:09 »
2 days ago I got myself Hardspace: Shipbreaker and I'm hooked up.
You work at a spaceship scrapyard owned by one of the corporations and you disassemble space ships.
It has a great atmosphere of ruthless corporate space exploration age.

If your normal job is not enough and you want a second job in your free time, just in space, this game is for you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4578 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 21:58:15 »
Noita is an amazingly fun game with near infinite replay and an endgame filled with so many mind blowing secrets I can't see myself tiring of this anytime soon.

I would give Noita some of my highest recommendations

Offline Alga

« Reply #4579 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 03:44:18 »
2 days ago I got myself Hardspace: Shipbreaker and I'm hooked up.
You work at a spaceship scrapyard owned by one of the corporations and you disassemble space ships.
It has a great atmosphere of ruthless corporate space exploration age.

If your normal job is not enough and you want a second job in your free time, just in space, this game is for you.

Noita is an amazingly fun game with near infinite replay and an endgame filled with so many mind blowing secrets I can't see myself tiring of this anytime soon.

I would give Noita some of my highest recommendations

Those two look very interesting, they are definetly going to the wish list.

Offline jeaneallenn

« Reply #4580 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 02:36:09 »
Now i am playing "Age of mythology".

Offline Sniping

« Reply #4581 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 20:35:07 »
i've been wasting a lot of my nights away the past few weeks playing guild wars 2 with my friends. honestly it's been a great experience but i can definitely see parts of the games that are grinds, which i've been avoiding. haven't touched an mmo in a minute and this was a great re-introduction.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4582 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 08:07:39 »
Started loading up Subnautica and thought I'd give it a go again - mainly saw some of the mods coming to the game that I am wanting to try out.  I need something that is not so competitive so I can just have a title to chill with (CoD and Destiny have me either competing or grinding to get to that upper tier).  Also started playing Inside, awesome game and love the puzzles - my son is hounding me to get him a copy as well but I don't want to shell out for a game/title I know I can get for free as that is how I got my copy from Epic (downside to them giving titles away for free).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4583 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 12:05:13 »
Now i am playing "Age of mythology".

Ah, lanparties, Tp4 remembers,  hauling his trash PC w/ 9700pro  while all the kewl kidz got dat 9800xt.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #4584 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 07:13:50 »
Started playing Day of the Tentacle with my gf (kinda into point & click classics ngl)

also +1 for Disco Elysium, amazing game!

Offline phinix

« Reply #4585 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 08:41:03 »
Started playing Day of the Tentacle with my gf (kinda into point & click classics ngl)

I played Day of the Tentacle in 1993:) Then again years after, amazing game.

Disco Elysium - all reviews say it is amazing game, I'm waiting for translation of it, prefer it in my native language, so I won't miss anything, but it is on my list.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4586 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 17:47:31 »

Disco Elysium - all reviews say it is amazing game, I'm waiting for translation of it, prefer it in my native language, so I won't miss anything, but it is on my list.

Ahh man the good ol Lucas Arts days. Monkey Island, Full Throttel, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango. Those were some premium gaming years.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4587 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 00:36:18 »
Skater XL :eek:.  I've never played Skate 3, but I can say without a doubt that just from playing the tutorial part I already like Skater XL more than I liked Skate for 360.  Nice music too.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4588 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 18:04:23 »

Ahh man the good ol Lucas Arts days. Monkey Island, Full Throttel, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango. Those were some premium gaming years.

Yeah, adventure games were amazing those days.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4589 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 18:32:54 »
Been playing Civ 6 and Hitman II

Got the Civ 6 dlc and frankly I really hate it. It adds natural disasters and government systems to the game which sounds cool and dynamic. In reality all they do is make the game much more difficult and only add more negatives to compete with. I can't find one positive they add except stationing govenors in cities, everything else tries to **** you royaly.

Hitman 2(2018) is amazing and I love this game and what the franchise has become. Instead of leaving behind their old games, they consistently update them to the next game's engine, adding content and detail to every area. So technically right now I am playing Hitman 1 in the Hitman 2 engine, and it's still great! If I had one single complaint about the series as it is without having played the new game (3) I'd say the AI can be a bit dumb at times. It could be a little more suspicious, a little more aware, a little more aggressive. But the ai makes up for intelligence with sheer crowd numbers and great level design.
Definitely looking forward to Hitman 3 when it comes to Steam in a friggin year (thanks Epic Game Store thugs, eat **** why don't ya!)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4590 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 22:07:51 »
I finally got around to Papers, Please. I like it, but I haven't made it through all the days yet.

I also started Lucas Pope's other game Return of The Obra Dinn. It is also really good, but the gameplay is rather repetitive. The story, music, art style, and atmosphere are all top notch though. It's definitely an interesting change of pace.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:18:56 by Kavik »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #4591 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 00:40:45 »

The game was just pixel hunting and then interacting with every single thing you saw because you didn't know if you were going to need it later to solve a puzzle you don't understand and accidentally bypassed.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4592 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 03:27:43 »

The game was just pixel hunting and then interacting with every single thing you saw because you didn't know if you were going to need it later to solve a puzzle you don't understand and accidentally bypassed.

Strong words, man! Strong words... but a bit true :D

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #4593 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 06:28:44 »

I feel day of the tentacle was one of the more logical point an click games, with solutions to puzzles that actually make sense.

Honestly most other games are a lot worse in regards to brute force trying stuff because you have no clue imo

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4594 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 07:32:55 »

to an extent you're not wrong :(
maniac mansion comes to mind

There was some real bull**** 'game design' back in the day

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #4595 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 12:41:37 »

to an extent you're not wrong :(
maniac mansion comes to mind

There was some real bull**** 'game design' back in the day
Moved on to playing grim fandango now, and that one featured a lot of unintuitive solutions so far.

Also started playing omori and would highly recommended checking that one out! It's awesome <3

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Offline stoicbias

« Reply #4596 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:11:54 »
When I have time I'll usually replay HALO games off of Steam.  I recently purchased an Oculus Quest 2 but haven't played it much.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4597 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:44:35 »
I just made it to the second half of going under... i need the assist mode.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4598 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 16:21:09 »
Currently working to finish up the quests in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on PC, as I want to finish all of that game before Monster Hunter Rise releases 03/26 so I can jump into Rise with no worries about missing part of World / Iceborne. Also kinda getting into Yakuza 0, but I haven't touched it in a little while due to MHW being a better "pick up and play a bit" game around my job than Yakuza is for me. BPM: Bullets Per Minute just got an update recently though, and it's pretty damn fun. Great soundtrack and addicting gameplay for someone like myself who likes both rhythm games and shooters.

Still chipping away at BotW as well, as I only got my Switch last year off of my tax returns, as well as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, because I'm a total masochist apparently and can't stop myself from playing games with long grind cycles that take ages to complete.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4599 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:33:45 »
I started Mafia 2 again, the remastered version. Love to drive around in old car in a snow:)
Once I finish this, I will play remastered version of Mafia 1 - never played first part, only second, so this will be fun, as I read that remastered version is amazing.