geekhack Community > Off Topic

Old Age...

<< < (2/5) > >>

pixelpusher:
Still sore from last week when I spent an hour raking and bagging leaves.

noisyturtle:
One thing I am still coming to terms with is having pains that are constant and never go away. Right now it's just a pinched nerve and sciatica. When geriatric people say everything hurts all the time, I am starting to understand what they mean. One by one each of your parts gets worn and old and begins to cause pain, until eventually everything hurts. 
Something to look forward to.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Thu, 18 November 2021, 16:42:27 ---Still sore from last week when I spent an hour raking and bagging leaves.

--- End quote ---

not using blower ?

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Thu, 18 November 2021, 17:48:47 ---

--- End quote ---

My grandfather's unvarying response to any question or comment about age or pain was "It's better than the alternative."

pixelpusher:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Thu, 18 November 2021, 17:48:47 ---One thing I am still coming to terms with is having pains that are constant and never go away. Right now it's just a pinched nerve and sciatica. When geriatric people say everything hurts all the time, I am starting to understand what they mean. One by one each of your parts gets worn and old and begins to cause pain, until eventually everything hurts. 

--- End quote ---

Tell me about it.  Months of a chest muscle pain and then plantar fasciitis and now reflux.  I’m even pretty healthy.  Being old sucks. 

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 18 November 2021, 18:08:05 ---
--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Thu, 18 November 2021, 16:42:27 ---Still sore from last week when I spent an hour raking and bagging leaves.

--- End quote ---

not using blower ?

--- End quote ---

Nope. Old fashioned rake. Thankfully it’s just a few maple trees.  I used to live under a giant oak tree.  No way I would try to rake those. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version