Author Topic: My future building plans  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Encabulator

My future building plans
« on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 14:24:44 »
Hey just wanted to give you a quick update on my plans since I've been kinda inactive. Just been busy recently.

For my upcoming build (first build!) I just went with some cheap parts. White plastic case, gh60, silver metal plate, cheap white Oem pbt blanks w/ red esc + enter, and lube kailh box reds. The kailh box feel amazing lubed but they take an eternity to lube because of how difficult it is to open and then all the contact points.

I also picked up a cheap soldering iron for the build that has "temperature control". I made sure to get some good wick and kester for the long term safety of the board though so I think I'll be fine.

The parts for build #1 are here except the pcb case and plate from bangood (AliExpress would be my go to if they made PayPal easy to use.)

My next build is going to take a while to collect all the parts for but it will be slightly higher end. My goal is to make it quiet enough hat it won't drive people crazy but not be mushy. The current parts on their way are Pom cherry profile blanks, gh60, screw in pcb stabs, black plate and  QMX clips (hype!) Ill be using the aluminum black case from my Pok3r. the switches are undecided so I am hoping you guys could help me pick out a tactile switch this is not SUPER expensive and supports QMX clips. I will be lubing the switches so keep that in mind.

If you want to help me out I'd be super thankful. I'll answer questions if needed but I doubt I have any hidden knowledge you "professionals" don't.

P.S. is geekhack dying?

relax bro.. no one will bite ur head off on geekhack.. this is not that kind of community...   hahahahahahaha

Though tp4 will personally chew you out if you start selling $60 orings.