Author Topic: Cheapest place to buy MX Nature White switches  (Read 1574 times)

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
Cheapest place to buy MX Nature White switches
« on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:13:01 »
If someone could point me to the cheapest place to get these switches, that would be great. If not it looks like I'll have t desolder them from a board :/
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Cheapest place to buy MX Nature White switches
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:09:27 »
This store on Aliexpress sells RGB Nature White plate mounted for USD 90 a pack of 110 units.
Then there's another store selling either PCB and plate mounted Gateron KS-3 for USD 30. They are advertised as Clear but, as far as I know, Gateron never made Clears so they are likely to be Whites. You might wanna ask them anyway.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:04:58 »
This store on Aliexpress sells RGB Nature White plate mounted for USD 90 a pack of 110 units.
Then there's another store selling either PCB and plate mounted Gateron KS-3 for USD 30. They are advertised as Clear but, as far as I know, Gateron never made Clears so they are likely to be Whites. You might wanna ask them anyway.

The first store is pretty expensive :/

But regarding Gateron clears, you are mistaken :P Gateron actually made two types of clears, the 35g version (not a typo!) that you see everywhere as well as an extremely limited 67g tactile switch that was essentially a clone of the R2 Zealio mold. These have been out of production for a while now.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:20:15 »
The first store is pretty expensive :/
I had that feeling, but you might want to PM them and ask for a better deal.

But regarding Gateron clears, you are mistaken :P Gateron actually made two types of clears, the 35g version (not a typo!) that you see everywhere as well as an extremely limited 67g tactile switch that was essentially a clone of the R2 Zealio mold. These have been out of production for a while now.
You never stop learning. Thanks.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:33:53 »
I had that feeling, but you might want to PM them and ask for a better deal.

Yeah, I might try and do that when I'm closer to the build I'm looking for these for :)

You never stop learning. Thanks.

Heh, not a problem. Here's the TL;DR for the elusive Tactile Clears, lifted from my post in the Geekhack discussion thread for them (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90648.0)

• Only a relatively small batch of switches, commissioned by Winkeyless.
  • Stem mold is identical to the R2 Zealio mold, but with clear plastic.
  • The bottom housing is different from the regular housing, the leaves are actually prototypes of the versions included in R2 Zealios. Whether these are reproductions or leftover stock is yet to be seen, but considering how limited the batch size was, I am leaning towards the leftover theory.
  • No longer made by Gateron, potentially after an intervention by Zeal.
  • The slang name for Tactile Clears on certain parts of the internet is 'Stealios', since WK 'stole' the Zealio design from Zeal.