Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Last Day & Locking  (Read 181718 times)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Added UK vendor, colors, finalized collabs (4/19)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 19:53:07 »
Sry for my misleading description…hope u won't care my poor English..my thought is put the 6.25u,7U yellow Spaces and yellow arrow keys in base kit. Regarding Grey Alpha, I agree with the OP's decision now.i agree with u too. For majority,such kits are the best.Whatever,it's a nice work.i will buy all of the kits.Just take my money.
Finally, I apologize again for my misleading description, wish this work a great sale!

So initially I saw decent demand for accent arrows/spacebars in base kit, but a big issue is that with GMK's recent increase in prices, I am quite hesitant to add this into the base kit. Especially with the custom colors that I am using for this set, adding those may push the base kit price too high.

Another issue is that if I add the accent arrows to the base kit, then it makes no sense to me to not have accent arrow novelties as well; and at least for now, I do not want to make the cost of the base kit an absurd amount.

Given, if I receive quotes back and they are lower than I expected, I will reconsider this.
No worries on how some of that came out, I did not take any of it to heart or find offense in it! Thank you for the kind words too :thumb:

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Added 1 deskmat design + getting quotes (4/30)
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 21:12:30 »
Lots of updates coming up, but to start it off, one of the deskmat designs is finished!
There will be 2 deskmat designs total, and this is the more elegant approach. The other one will have a different appeal and be more cute/uwu related like the novelties and such, but both should blow some minds...
For now... look at @Shannie.hoa's amazing work...

POV

Currently getting quotes from GMK and hopefully I can update you all on prices soon.

Thank you for the immense amounts of support so far. I'm speechless by the amount of support and IC forms submitted thus far, I'll try my best to make sure the rest of this runs smoothly!
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 May 2021, 22:04:33 by dandruff »

Offline kinyth

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 21:17:20 »
That deskmat looks so nice. Good work Shannie!

Offline akira7

• akirabutter
    • akiratypes
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 04:34:14 »
I’ve been eyeing this set for a while, the novelties are really cute! The deskmat is also a perfect match, I’m excited to see the other one.

Offline jakk

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 20:31:13 »
Alphas are too saturated for me, but looks super nice!

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Added Metal Cap + still awaiting quotes (5/5)
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:27:23 »
Added THOK Metal Cap :)

"Stargaze brass, powder-coated artisan, featuring exposed brass star within a star clustered clear resin"

Offline summerqm

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 12:31:56 »

"Stargaze brass, powder-coated artisan, featuring exposed brass star within a star clustered clear resin"

Show Image
Show Image

This is some next level artisan!!!!! (now.. can you make a star snow globe artisan 🤔)

Offline PradyXT

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:35:07 »
The novelties and metal artisan are so cool! The metal keycap and the novelties' designs are really unique :D

Offline minicap

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:40:44 »
omg, the thok is just stunning! such a perfect match for the set 🌠

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 14:14:28 »

Show Image
Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline celestialbear

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 14:15:17 »
This set looks awesome!

Offline rogers140

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 14:30:05 »

Show Image
Show Image

This is insane. Can't wait for the GB!
HHKB Hybrid Type S / Tokyo 60

Offline aethernet

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 14:33:55 »
woah that thok artisan looks really cool!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 15:38:32 »
Ok this has to be the best metal artisan I have seen ever, it's insane  :thumb:

Since THOK now also makes Enter keys, I would love to see what you could come up with <3

Offline dandruff

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 19:11:56 »

Since THOK now also makes Enter keys, I would love to see what you could come up with <3

That will likely not be happening! Certain vendors have had not the best experiences with stem issues on metal Enters. Despite the manu not being THOK and they could be completely fine, for the sake of my vendor's custom service inbox, this set will not be having a metal Enter key. Sorry :(

However, there is more in the works that have not been announced (maybe 2 big things)! I want to 100% confirm it before announcing, so I guess this is just a tease!

Offline convoliution

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 19:16:28 »
However, there is more in the works that have not been announced (maybe 2 big things)!

I hope one of them is identifying a constellation shaped like a keyboard.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 19:45:37 »

That will likely not be happening! Certain vendors have had not the best experiences with stem issues on metal Enters. Despite the manu not being THOK and they could be completely fine, for the sake of my vendor's custom service inbox, this set will not be having a metal Enter key. Sorry :(

However, there is more in the works that have not been announced (maybe 2 big things)! I want to 100% confirm it before announcing, so I guess this is just a tease!

Fair. I know some Rama had issues, but that's why I was excited to see what THOK could do with their Enter, but I can understand not wanting to take the gamble.
But looking at how good this ESC THOK is, it was just too tempting not to ask as I feel something in a similar finish but with like a shooting star or some stars galaxy could have looked insane.

But those secrets sound exciting and I'm looking forward to them  ;)

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 03:36:39 »
God damn that deskmat and THOK artisan are slappin

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 12:23:27 »
Love the all dark alphas and mods, that Thocc is just gorgeous too. I'm in.

Offline Minam

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 19:26:14 »
holy **** this set is fire

Offline vestun

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 02:34:39 »
I like it on the TGR Alice! Looks great!

Offline Joojeh

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 14:27:56 »
That Thock key looks nutty

Offline mrvpixel

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 13:25:44 »
Can't wait!

Offline spawn

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 18:46:24 »
So excited for this amazing set!  :D

Offline Indigu

• Yea sure
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 01:27:28 »
Yes please.

Offline peaceperfection

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 07:41:06 »
My 60% is slowly turning into a 100% looking at all these pictures. Can't wait for it.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - GB Date Announced Novelties Approved (5/19)
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 17:12:08 »
Old vs New
vs

There are a few subtle changes regarding thickness; however, the two main changes are the 1.5 R4 comet and the R3 planet.
I believe those are now finalized by GMK.

As for GB date, vendors have agreed on July 3rd till August 4th

Still awaiting quotes from GMK to see what will happen to kitting (either stay the same, some changes, or DRASTIC changes if I'm not happy with how pricing is).

Offline dandruff

Also, due to the color of my alt alphas being only used in the alt alphas kit, it brings an issue with how GMK quotes prices.
My vendors and I need to know the demand of both alphas compared to each other. If you have time, please fill out this IC form:

https://forms.gle/UPedcyATmVCkFVc18
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 May 2021, 07:09:03 by dandruff »

Also, due to the color of my alt alphas being only used in the alt alphas kit, it brings an issue with how GMK quotes prices.
My vendors and I need to know the demand of both alphas compared to each other. If you have time, please fill out this IC form:

Blue!

Offline xii-12

Definitely the blue! But I'd also cop the alt alphas.

Offline 0hh.Hello

This is likely to be my first group buy— as in I'm definitely buying, just not sure if I'll end up getting anything else before July… As I'm new to this, will all of of the collabs (deskmats/artisans/etc) go on sale the same day or at different times? Need to plan my finances accordingly!

Offline dandruff

This is likely to be my first group buy— as in I'm definitely buying, just not sure if I'll end up getting anything else before July… As I'm new to this, will all of of the collabs (deskmats/artisans/etc) go on sale the same day or at different times? Need to plan my finances accordingly!

Hey! Thanks for the kind words!
Deskmats and metal artisans will be available during the same time as GB from the same vendor that you're buying the keycap set from. As for the resin artisans, cables and wristrests, those will be up to the makers themselves; however, I believe most of my collabs will happen during the GB (at different times).

The cables and wristrests will most likely be up during the GB window, and MOST of the resin artisan collabs will be up during the GB as well; however, some resin artisans will be after the GB (whenever their schedule frees up)!

Offline paperassgasket

Interesting... So having a kit of entirely one color in addition to a basekit with also only one color may be potentially more expensive?

Offline dandruff

Interesting... So having a kit of entirely one color in addition to a basekit with also only one color may be potentially more expensive?

I hope I can break this down correctly:

Basically, when you use custom colors, GMK would prefer for it to be used throughout the kits. For example, if the main alphas were grey, it would really be no issue. But the popularity of blue is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too drastic to ignore.
So now the issue is because I am using custom colors AND it's only being used in a child kit (alt-alphas), it may affect pricing for the overall set (every kit), not just the grey alt alphas. Due to that, for sets like let's say GMK Arch, the price was good despite using the use of custom colors due to how thoroughly spread out the custom colors were used throughout the set.

TL;DR - the existence of the grey alphas will higher the price of the other kits despite grey not being used in any of the other kits.

Offline paperassgasket

Yeah that makes perfect sense actually. It's a whole other load of plastic to queue up and test and QC. Of course it's going to raise the manu cost, not just in materials but time.

I picked blue by the way.

Offline space cowboy

gorgeous set, i plan on grabbing everything but the alt grey alphas as they just don't match up with the rest of the colors in my opinion! otherwise can't wait for this to go live : )

Offline dandruff

I want to start by saying I 100% knew the blue alphas were more popular, the IC form was realistically up to consider two things:
1. Will grey alphas hit MOQ
2. Are grey alphas popular enough to get a 2nd base kit

The short answer is NO lol. Wasn't even close. Roughly a 80/20 split after 900 forms were filled out. There was also consideration of removing the grey alphas if the quotes we got back were too high; however, the quotes are not as insane as I thought they were going to be, so the grey alphas will be staying, BUT if you are one of the people who like the grey alphas, it will definitely need the most help out of all of the kits.

I will likely not release pricing until all of my vendors' retail prices are finalized. That being said, I do know my US vendor's pricing.

Last but not least, there was a strong demand for RAMA keys that were full brass, so here it is:

Offline 0hh.Hello

Well, there goes more of my money on this set. Everything is so NICE. And here I was thinking I'd just get the base kit (blue alphas of course), but you keep giving fire updates...

Offline paperassgasket

Dang that rama is clever. So simple but a great design.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Nice RAMA indeed.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline bkrownd

It always drives me nuts that so often the best novelty keycap is an ISO enter/return key which doesn't have a home in an ANSI layout.  :(  Somebody needs to make a little macro pad or something that we can use it on.  Maybe I will glue it to the top corner of my monitor.  Something.  Leaving such a nice keycap neglected in a box would be a sin. 

Offline CookieFlow

Great Rama  :thumb:

Hoping there is another Rama surprise like a M6-C collab or something else haha

And +1 on the ISO Enter, it's so good and I'm sad that I will not use it. I need to find a way to display it on something.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key

It always drives me nuts that so often the best novelty keycap is an ISO enter/return key which doesn't have a home in an ANSI layout.  :(  Somebody needs to make a little macro pad or something that we can use it on.  Maybe I will glue it to the top corner of my monitor.  Something.  Leaving such a nice keycap neglected in a box would be a sin. 

You are correct, which is why you need to start building and using ISO layout. :)
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline mymeepo

Hey, which size are the 40s enter and tab?

Offline dandruff

Well, there goes more of my money on this set. Everything is so NICE. And here I was thinking I'd just get the base kit (blue alphas of course), but you keep giving fire updates...
Nice RAMA indeed.
Great Rama  :thumb:

Hoping there is another Rama surprise like a M6-C collab or something else haha

And +1 on the ISO Enter, it's so good and I'm sad that I will not use it. I need to find a way to display it on something.
Dang that rama is clever. So simple but a great design.

Thank you for the kind words! Basically there are two groups, the one that wants the more classic/elegant stuff (RAMA) and the ones that are more out there with the more uwu/cute look (THOK), so I tried to appeal to both. RAMA still ended up pretty cute, but I love it regardless!

Also, there MAY be something else in the works, but it is not a M6-C (or RAMA related). Not 100% confirmed, so I'll wait till it is 100% before announcing (should be the last collab announcement if it does happen)!

I 100% agree, I need to find a macropad to throw it on or somehow adapt to ISO... I want to use it as well LOL, but my normie brain can't handle the switch over.

Hey, which size are the 40s enter and tab?

The 40s keys are as follows: R2 1.75u backspace, R3 1.25u tab, R3 1.5u enter

Offline Vorge

This set fits my likes, novelties are just fire, that deskmat is simple yet I like it a lot, the Thok key is making me feel things and that last Rama update is just the cherry on top. GMK times are going to be a pain, but well worth the wait.

Offline Zeroblade

• Twitter
however, the quotes are not as insane as I thought they were going to be, so the grey alphas will be staying, BUT if you are one of the people who like the grey alphas, it will definitely need the most help out of all of the kits.

For the love of god please yes thank you for keeping the grey alphas.
Honestly I absolutely want ONLY the grey alphas on for this set because it will go perfectly with a specific build I have in mind (moreso now that I know Jelly SE is all gray).

Probably the set I'm most hyped about right now, really looking forward to it.

Offline Senbeii

• Swiggity Swag Whats In Da Bag
    • Keyoto
Watching this IC, looking hella good atm  :thumb:

Offline paperassgasket

You mean like iSO or s7.7?

Offline bert039

I'm preparing to switch to iso layout when this set comes out just for that novelty