Author Topic: Japanese Layout Realforce TKL APC 30g silenced  (Read 4875 times)

Offline LordGurciullo

Japanese Layout Realforce TKL APC 30g silenced
« on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:04:52 »
Hey guys! Long time since I been in the market after dropping too much dough 5 years ago.

Looking for the best gaming/typing keyboard and I'm pretty sure I got it narrowed down to

the steelseries apex pro tkl and this thing.

https://www.realforce.co.jp/products/R2TLSA-JP3-BK/index.html

I'm typing this on a variable weight topre and I have an hhkb but I've never touched a 30g or a silenced and this has APC function as well.
My guess is this will be relatively close if not identical in gaming to the steelseries apex pro even at 1.5mm actuation in terms of speed. Plus I really want to try it.

I just ordered this guy and Ill let you guys know what I find.

I:m a little skeptical about the silenced part but I wanted the Japanese layout.

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 18:05:56 by LordGurciullo »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Japanese Layout Realforce TKL APC 30g silenced
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 19:40:48 »
I had a japanese Realforce R1 45G. It was hell to game on because of the small spacebar my hand had to be positioned in a weird way to make it work. I generally like playing with linears since those are nice for shooters and competitive games. Unless you play casual game anything should work tbh.

I guess you need to get used to it.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:45:37 »
interesting :). I been playing on an hhkb for a long time and I love it, and I have a japanese layout here with the small space and its ok. but I really appreciate the opinion. What do you think about the 30g silents... thats the part that I'm confused about.
Also I do have this stupid ass childish looking apex pro tkl coming thurdsay... looks like a light show for pre teens... with weak sauce abs caps, but I'm intrigued on the switches. I do play competitive fps and I'm quite serious but I just love topres so much.
I also thought about silent cherry reds, and Ive heard about gaterons and khailh.

I feel a 30g topre with 1.5 actuation (and the realforce r2 has 1000 hz polling) would have to be as quick in real life as the apex pro tkl at .4mm ..
maybe I'm wrong.

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 16:01:46 »
Well I've got the steelseries apex pro in front of me right now typing this on it.

Gaming wise its lightning fast (FASTEST SWITCH EVER) and good build quality. how ever the key caps suck!!
But I miss the topre feel.
I haven't received my 30g silent topre apc model yet but I will update when I Do.

Does anyone have any technical info if the tactile 1.5mm Actuation vs the linear .4 of this will make a difference in actual performance in game?
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 16:16:21 by LordGurciullo »

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 23:00:31 »
Steel Series is not even close to Topre. do i have to say that?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 01:45:15 »
30g is super light...annoyingly light...and if you set the actuation higher it'll even be more sensitive which I'm not sure works well with how light the switches are...

But as everything, you'll need to decide for yourself.

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 18:32:45 »
Steel Series is not even close to Topre. do i have to say that?

Well I'm talking about the APEX PRO TKL as far as the .04 mechanical optical switches.
I'm talking about speed.
Quality wise its no question I love topre more than anything. The keycaps on this thing are ****ty.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 18:34:50 by LordGurciullo »

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 18:34:29 »
30g is super light...annoyingly light...and if you set the actuation higher it'll even be more sensitive which I'm not sure works well with how light the switches are...

But as everything, you'll need to decide for yourself.

Well I wanted to try it! I have the 45 hhkb and the variable realforce but I'm going for fastest gaming switch and I LOVE topres... I'm still awaiting it in the mail as I ordered it from Japan.

My main question is:

Can a 30g topre silenced 1.5 actuation be as fast as a 45 g linear optical steelseries switch at .04 actuation as far as in real life speed in game.

Thanks for all the replies.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 01:22:06 »
If you don't have a problem with accidental key presses because it is so light then it'll work great.

It took me awhile to keep the light keys on my variable from typing when I was resting (obviously used to more pushback)...

30g also doesn't feel very Topre like.  The Thock isn't the same.  There is a bit more rattle as well...but post here after you try it and let us know how it went.

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 03:58:42 »
I definitely will! It still is on the plane from Japan. For the last 12 days!!!

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 05:27:08 »
Unfortunately My keyboard seems to be forever stuck in Japan.

Offline Pr0grammed

• Programmer
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 07:35:03 »
On these topre boards, when it says mixed weight, what keys get what weight? If thats the correct interpretation.

Thanks!
Personal: Mac User, Corsair K95 Platinum XT, MX Brown
Work: Windows, Razer black widow Lite, Razer orange

Offline Riverman

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 11:38:54 »
On variable weight Topre keyboards, everything is 45 grams except for the keys which you'd normally press with your pinkies, which are 30 grams, and the escape and num lock keys, which are 55 grams.

If you Google "Topre variable weight chart", you'll find some pictures of how they're weighted.

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:24:40 »
stuck in customs for 2 weeks now...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:14:40 »
And may be a while longer yet if Hasu's packages are typical :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rxc92

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 15:33:29 »
Still wondering why you'd ever want to use JIS layout if you don't type Japanese.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 19:35:08 »
Still wondering why you'd ever want to use JIS layout if you don't type Japanese.

Same reason you'd want to use German or Spanish or, for that matter, US layouts? Because that's the layout you're used to, and/or you like it that way.  I've used JIS layout since moving to Japan eleven years ago; I tried switching to a US layout when I moved to America but I just hated it tbh.  I could have gone back to a UK layout I suppose, after a little adjustment, and indeed for a little while I dug out my old ISO-layout Das Keyboard and gave it a shot, but I do really prefer the layout on a JIS keyboard.

As it happens, I also type Japanese, but even at work where I almost never type Japanese I would rather use the layout I'm comfortable with. Plus, of course, the smaller space bar gives you room for a load more keys on the bottom row and probably makes it less wobbly to boot!  Believe me, after a couple of years using a Japanese keyboard the space bars over here seem just cartoonishly oversized ;-)

EDIT: Added quote

Offline rxc92

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 21:39:52 »

Same reason you'd want to use German or Spanish or, for that matter, US layouts? Because that's the layout you're used to, and/or you like it that way.  I've used JIS layout since moving to Japan eleven years ago; I tried switching to a US layout when I moved to America but I just hated it tbh.  I could have gone back to a UK layout I suppose, after a little adjustment, and indeed for a little while I dug out my old ISO-layout Das Keyboard and gave it a shot, but I do really prefer the layout on a JIS keyboard.

As it happens, I also type Japanese, but even at work where I almost never type Japanese I would rather use the layout I'm comfortable with. Plus, of course, the smaller space bar gives you room for a load more keys on the bottom row and probably makes it less wobbly to boot!  Believe me, after a couple of years using a Japanese keyboard the space bars over here seem just cartoonishly oversized ;-)

EDIT: Added quote

I wasn't asking you.

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 13:27:08 »
This keyboard is meant for games and it gives me another key on the thumb is pretty awesome. Plus the silenced version (which I wanted to try) with APC only comes with Japanese layout.

Offline pattern

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 10:34:07 »
LordGurciullo - did you end up pulling the trigger?  If so, what did you get, and if you've received it - how is it? :)

I'm looking into JIS layout Realforces (and HHKBs) now myself, and I'm not even sure how to go about acquiring such a thing.  If you found any retailers, let us know!

Offline LordGurciullo

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 14:44:10 »
Whats up guys!

I got it finally - and it is EXACTLY what i expected. Light as air with still having that topre tactile bump.... its silent but not overly so..
At 2.2m actuation the typing is a dream once you get used to the lightness
This thing is refined and gorgeous and possibly the best typing keyboard I've ever used.
For gaming it is remarkably fast set at 1.5 actuation and it feels super responsive however...
Nothing in the world beats the steelseries for speed and responsiveness for gaming.

If topre had included a .5 actuation it would be as fast or damn near and its unfortunate but over all this is probably the best keyboard for typing and gaming that I've run across and the japanese layout is awesome and fun.

Build quality is great and super well constructed, keycaps are great. I personally don't love the gold on the upper right but thats aesthetic.
Also the space bar seems to be a little... glossier or prone to wear than the other keys.

Overall solid purchase and I would encourage anyone to get their hands on a 30g topre.
I ordered it off a company that buys product in japan and ships to you. 65 dollars shipped for this service. 249098-0249098-1249100-2249102-3