Author Topic: unable to get into boot mode, with a gh60 rev CHN pcb  (Read 1686 times)

Offline mikael.k

unable to get into boot mode, with a gh60 rev CHN pcb
« on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 07:57:59 »
Hello,

I've recently bought a hhkb like keyboard (my first programmable keyboard) and have messed things while flashing it.
Now, the following is wrong :

- on the second and third rows, keys do not match : I press "q" and get "w", "a" and get "s"
- I cannot get into boot mode anymore (edit : it could be that the fn key doesn't do what it should anymore)

it is this one :   
https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/hhkb-layout-mechanical-keyboard-60

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kb2s57UdU4Y6i03C3
photo of the pcb : https://photos.app.goo.gl/RWIfE90QXqhCQVEr2

It is said to have this PCB: Gh60-CHN

Here is dmesg  output of it the only time I got it in boot mode (space+b while plugging it in) :

=====================
[ 2856.077254] usb 1-7: new full-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd                                                                                                                                                                                                           
[ 2856.205268] usb 1-7: New USB device found, idVendor=03eb, idProduct=2ff4                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[ 2856.205274] usb 1-7: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3                                                                                                                                                                                                     
[ 2856.205279] usb 1-7: Product: ATm32U4DFU                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
usb 1-7: Manufacturer: ATMEL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[ 2856.205286] usb 1-7: SerialNumber: 1.0.0
=====================

Using easyavr, I opted to associate boot mode to "]" key on Fn layer,  which I did not realize I could not get activate when plugging the keyboard (edit : that was my first guess, I think I was wrong) !

I opened the case to reach a reset button but did not find any.

Situation seems pretty bad... Any idea about how to get boot mode back ?

Thanks
Mikael
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 February 2018, 12:59:11 by mikael.k »

Offline mikael.k

Re: unable to get into boot mode, with a gh60 rev CHN pcb
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 13:03:41 »
Hi,

Just edited the post with extra details that did not strike me as being important immediatly.

Fact is that the first rows with letters behave wrongly, there is one letter mismatch between the key and the output : pressing key Q outputs W and so on.
Thus, I've tried to adapt my shortcut "Fn + ]" to enter boot mode by pressing "Fn + [" butit did not work either.

I suspect that the Fn key does not work as it should, but I can't see how to be sure of that.

Regards,

Mikael

Offline mikael.k

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 13:15:59 »
Damned, just looked at the layout I built using EasyAVR : the Fn key was blank, so of course it does not activate Fn layer.

I guess the direction to take is one the hardware side and find a way to activate boot mode there, right ?

Mikael

Offline mikael.k

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 14:42:02 »
Got it back in boot mode by shorting pins 13 and 23 directly on the processor while plugging in thye usb cable on the computer.

Not sure it  is a recommedable method but at least, it not a brocked keyboard anymore