geekhack Community > Reviews

My quick impression of MX reds

(1/8) > >>

Pacifist:
Too light

after using blacks and stock clears, reds are super light. When not thinking, I bottom out each time, and when I try to not bottom out, it hurts.

That said, for typing, its not efficient imo. I will edit after some gaming time and see how it is for gaming

rowdy:
Same here - I liked blues, found reds nice and light, but then spent a few months using blacks, and then greens.

Now reds are waaay too light.

Blues are still tolerable though.

HPE1000:
I am not a huge fan of reds, imo blacks are the best common cherry switch to me. I think something between reds and blacks would be pretty nice though, reds are just a tad too light.

Pacifist:

--- Quote from: HPE1000 on Wed, 23 April 2014, 19:06:03 ---I am not a huge fan of reds, imo blacks are the best common cherry switch to me. I think something between reds and blacks would be pretty nice though, reds are just a tad too light.

--- End quote ---

+1

Blacks are still a bit too stiff for me, but reds....its frustrating after the experience of blacks. Something in between (maybe 65g) would be perfect for linears

Fragil1ty:

--- Quote from: Pacifist on Wed, 23 April 2014, 18:20:05 ---Too light

after using blacks and stock clears, reds are super light. When not thinking, I bottom out each time, and when I try to not bottom out, it hurts.

That said, for typing, its not efficient imo. I will edit after some gaming time and see how it is for gaming

--- End quote ---

Personally, I think you're completely wrong.

I've only recently switched away from Reds to try out the new Razer orange switch but prior to that, I was using Reds for almost 2 years. Sure there is a bit of a learning curve at first and what not, but that's something that people need to get through if you want to use (imo) a superior switch.

I personally believe that MX Cherry Reds are the best gaming switch out there currently available to us depending on your preference.

Blacks - Too stiff, feel like ****. (No offence).
Blues - I could never go back to Blues ever again, I despise blues. Too loud, too clicky, not even sufficient for gaming anymore.
Browns - Great switch, feels a bit gritty when coming from Reds but a great switch none the less.
Reds - Perfect gaming switch, not the best for typing due to the lightness of the switch, but over time you get used to that in my opinion.

I've achieved over 125wpm using red switches, but at the end of the day, the best switch is whatever is best for the user and that's why there is no 'best' switch out there because it's all down to personal preference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version