Author Topic: Hello from GA!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Spammi

Hello from GA!
« on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 15:40:22 »
Hi!

First let me say, thank goodness for this site! I've been lurking for a while, finally decided to sign up.

Beginning of the year I bought a Corsair mechanical keyboard for gaming and work. I realized quickly that I was driving myself and my husband nuts with my keyboard. I became obsessed with figuring out how to quiet it all down. After a bit of research I found Taeha Types youtube, r/mk and now this place. I'm COMPLETELY hooked.

Started off with a 60% hot-swappable board so I could lube and film my own switches. Good learning experience and I guess I'm one of the few that actually enjoys that process. Bought a NIU mini recently as my first build. I'm not the worst when it comes to soldering but I could be better. Have been practicing on small boards until mine arrives.

Still deciding which switches I love and hoping to find my dream 65% keyboard soon. This site will make that much easier as I am already drooling over a few IC listings.

Looking forward to learning from you all!

Offline funkmon

Re: Hello from GA!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 17:04:18 »
Are you going to go with tactile switches or linears? What are you thinking?

Offline Spammi

Re: Hello from GA!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 18:23:34 »
So far most of the ones I like are linear.  I had an eye on the c3 tangerines for a while but I didn't buy them and now I wish I did lol.