Author Topic: Matias Linear Switches?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Kavik

Matias Linear Switches?
« on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 23:27:09 »
Does anyone have experience with the Matias Linear switches? Thomas did a video on them a couple years ago and liked them; his keyboard opinions are usually in line with mine, but I'd like some other perspectives. I don't particularly like Cherry MX reds, but I did enjoy lubed MX Silent Blacks with heavy springs.

I have a V80 with Matias clicks, and I don't particularly like them, so the thought has crossed my mind to stick some linears in it.

I thought about trying to linearize the Matias clicks, but the buggers are hard to get open, despite how easy it seems in videos, and I'm not sure they'd feel the same.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline abrahamstechnology

Re: Matias Linear Switches?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 12:03:50 »
Tai-Hao has a stock 65g linear switch.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 13:44:20 »

I can't find any reviews or comments on those linear switches, but everything I see about the clicky APC switches is that they are inconsistent and low quality.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline abrahamstechnology

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 15:43:50 »

I can't find any reviews or comments on those linear switches, but everything I see about the clicky APC switches is that they are inconsistent and low quality.

The click part of them is, but electrically they seem fine. The contact point is also gold-plated.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 20:39:37 »
Matias linear switches are lighter than MX Red, I think they're around 35g or something so if you like heavy switches then this will not work for you.

I feel like you should just stick with MX Black or MX Silent Black.  Or if you can manage to find it, try MX Linear Grey.  :thumb:

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline 8Bitterness

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 03:04:48 »
I use an Ergo Pro with the linear switches sometimes and honestly they're really much worse than MX Blacks. The only real reason to go for Matias switches in general would be for the Ergo Pro's layout because their QC is absolutely terrible. That said I do think the linear switches are better than both the quiet and clicky ones.