Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master "Norbatouch" TKL cases r2.5, SHIPPED/MANUFACTURING  (Read 105153 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Ryan, thanks so much for your work on this; it’s the epitome of perfect as far as I’m concerned.

https://imgur.com/a/PFaK8

That's a nice color!

Offline HighNoon

Which colors are still remaining to be shipped out for R2.5? Love my enigma grey and can't wait to see my astrophysical purple one.

Offline TheEerieCold

I believe it's Astrophysical Purple, Galaxy Console, Venice Beach. I don't think there were any Monte Carlo Red cases ordered.
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Can't wait to see Venice Beach in person.

Offline TheEerieCold

Can't wait to see Venice Beach in person.
Interested to see how those turn out as well, hoping we see them soon!
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline yqliang

Finally get my lazy ass to take some pictures.  ;D

SA Hyperfuse with custom wrist rest and USB cable
190241-0

And the Godspeed that just came in today... So clean!
190243-1
190245-2

Thank you Norbauer for such an amazing case!
Nightfox Zealios 65g | Input Club K-Type Halo True | CM Masterkeys Pro S MX Brown x Norbauer Case | SA Carbon | SA Hyperfuse | XDA MiTo Godspeed | DSA K Bares Miami Dolch | ePBT WoB
Want: Satisfaction 75 | Space65 | GMK Dot

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
Finally get my lazy ass to take some pictures.  ;D

SA Hyperfuse with custom wrist rest and USB cable
(Attachment Link)

And the Godspeed that just came in today... So clean!
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thank you Norbauer for such an amazing case!

Those are some truly excellent photos! Thanks for sharing. :D

Offline Artist

• A Fine Architect to be!
Oh man, i'm so in need of this for my 2 years old Novatouch collecting dust on the shelves...

Is there any chances of a R3? Or is there anybody which has an extra and want to passover? Tks😑😑😑

Offline TheEerieCold

Hey Ryan, not trying to bug you too much but do you have any updates on the remaining colors?

Offline Peiweisgreat

Hey Ryan, not trying to bug you too much but do you have any updates on the remaining colors?

Don't worry friend the wait is killing me too.

Offline HighNoon

I'd like an update as well. I'm in a big hurry to set my astrophysical purple case on the shelf and stare at it for another 3 months until laser arrives.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
Thanks Ryan. Here are my cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:14:40 by trikoi00 »

Offline TheEerieCold

Show Image

I've seen this somewhere before.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
Haha, u are right. I take inspiration from the net.

Offline yqliang

What are the kaycaps in the first and second photo?

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Nightfox Zealios 65g | Input Club K-Type Halo True | CM Masterkeys Pro S MX Brown x Norbauer Case | SA Carbon | SA Hyperfuse | XDA MiTo Godspeed | DSA K Bares Miami Dolch | ePBT WoB

Offline a_ak57

What are the kaycaps in the first and second photo?

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

First set is GMK 9009 and the second is GMK Muted.

Offline yqliang

Thank you sir!

Offline flyingalbatross1

Loving my Enigma Grey board in the new case, here it is with XDA Godspeed! It's been added to my collection as another endgame,

« Last Edit: Sat, 10 March 2018, 10:27:09 by flyingalbatross1 »

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Loving my Enigma Grey board in the new case, here it is with XDA Godspeed! It's been added to my collection as another endgame,

Show Image

That looks great.
Better than it does with SA Godspeed IMO.
I think it's the lighter shade of blue which does the trick.

Offline norbauer

Thanks for all the cool build posts, everyone!

Small update: the powder shop was down all of last week due to a mechanical failure in their oven. I'll call this week to harass them some more to keep things moving. :) I was supposed to go film them powder coating some cases last week, but that got moved to this week for the aforementioned reason.

As a general rule of thumb, though, if you haven't gotten your ship notification yet, you can consider "they're working on it" to be the standing update. I promise, I won't forget about you guys. No need to keep pinging me every few days for an update, because I sadly really can't ever really add anything interesting beyond having to keep saying that. ;)

(The update that really matters will come in the form of a tracking number. And, yes, it will definitely come.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 23:39:48 by norbauer »

Offline regionfree

hi ryan. the retro fridge bundles from originative are also in the batch? thanks for the update!

Small update: the powder shop was down all of last week due to a mechanical failure in their oven. I'll call this week to harass them some more to keep things moving. :) I was supposed to go film them powder coating some cases last week, but that got moved to this week for the aforementioned reason.

As a general rule of thumb, though, if you haven't gotten your ship notification yet, you can consider "they're working on it" to be the standing update. I promise, I won't forget about you guys. No need to keep pinging me every few days for an update, because I sadly really can't ever really add anything interesting beyond having to keep saying that. ;)

(The update that really matters will come in the form of a tracking number. And, yes, it will definitely come.)

Offline norbauer

hi ryan. the retro fridge bundles from originative are also in the batch? thanks for the update!

Some of them already shipped to Originative a while ago, but yes the remaining ones are still in the batch currently being worked on by the powder coater. Retro has proved a particular challenge in this run for some reason, and I've had them re-do quite a few of them where I caught minor flaws. (Non-texture finishes are always more of a challenge on parts like these because the smoother finishes show the tiniest flaws more readily, and most powder coaters aren't used to anyone caring about such minor details as us keyboard nerds tend to do.) They've been experimenting with methods of avoiding those issues, however, and I believe/hope they've got it mostly figured out now. :)

Offline Giorgio

Sorry for the OT. I've got a problem with a novatouch with gmk keycaps. There is some interference and heavy contact between the plate-barrels and the keycaps, so the backspace key and the ISO enter key make a very annoying noise that I've reduced with some tape. Can someone suggest me how to sligthly cut/shave the plastic of the barrels to eliminate this noise? thanks

Offline regionfree

i'm getting this with cherry caps, and dsa caps. i think the slider housings are just not meant for these profiles, but OEM profile keys are fine it seems.

You can remedy this by sanding the housings bit by bit until they stop making contact during the keypress. You can also try raising the keycaps as well by using the o rings included. I did this on my novatouch backspace key with 2 rings on top of each other.

Sorry for the OT. I've got a problem with a novatouch with gmk keycaps. There is some interference and heavy contact between the plate-barrels and the keycaps, so the backspace key and the ISO enter key make a very annoying noise that I've reduced with some tape. Can someone suggest me how to sligthly cut/shave the plastic of the barrels to eliminate this noise? thanks

Offline macclack

• Macclack
I finally finished my build with the space station white case. All I can say is WOW. Everything about this case is amazing. Thank you again for making these possible Norbauer!

As a P.S., I noticed the case had a slight echo-chamber effect when typing, probably because of the switches I'm using (box burnt oranges) so I lined the inside of the bottom with white foam. Fixed.

191930-0
191932-1

Offline Giorgio

i'm getting this with cherry caps, and dsa caps. i think the slider housings are just not meant for these profiles, but OEM profile keys are fine it seems.

You can remedy this by sanding the housings bit by bit until they stop making contact during the keypress. You can also try raising the keycaps as well by using the o rings included. I did this on my novatouch backspace key with 2 rings on top of each other.

Thanks, I'd like to understand what part should I sand. I'll make another thread since there are no answers
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 19:12:35 by Giorgio »

Offline zslane

Carbon NorbaTouch (with Plum numpad):

192337-0

Offline TheEerieCold

For those of us who are still waiting..

Offline norbauer

Hehe. Well, naturally they would all have gotten that email too. ;)

At any rate, by way of a bit of supplemental information, one of my tasks this week is to investigate another high-quality local powder shop to parallelize some of the work and hopefully turn projects around more quickly. The guys I'm currently using are great and I'll continue to consume as much of their bandwidth as available, but their slow and inconsistent turnaround times are a source of some frustration to me, so I'm looking at maybe splitting work between them and a second shop. I'm very fortunate in that where here in Silicon Valley (somewhat unusually for most place in the US) we have a number of good shops with experience doing consumer products. I'll be doing some test parts this week. The most promising shop I'm looking at is one that does all the powder coating for Mission Bicycle, a maker of high-end custom bikes in downtown San Francisco.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

At any rate, by way of a bit of supplemental information, one of my tasks this week is to investigate another high-quality local powder shop to parallelize some of the work and hopefully turn projects around more quickly. The guys I'm currently using are great and I'll continue to consume as much of their bandwidth as available, but their slow and inconsistent turnaround times are a source of some frustration to me, so I'm looking at maybe splitting work between them and a second shop. I'm very fortunate in that where here in Silicon Valley (somewhat unusually for most place in the US) we have a number of good shops with experience doing consumer products. I'll be doing some test parts this week. The most promising shop I'm looking at is one that does all the powder coating for Mission Bicycle, a maker of high-end custom bikes in downtown San Francisco.

excited to see the results of this test
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mkarlsson

Anyone interested in an R2.5 enigma gray case PM me. I am located in Spain.

Offline norbauer

I continue on a weekly basis to keep after the powder shop to deliver the remaining cases. While I was there this weekend, they let me film coating some of the Galaxy Console cases.

Offline funkybeat7

I continue on a weekly basis to keep after the powder shop to deliver the remaining cases. While I was there this weekend, they let me film coating some of the Galaxy Console cases.

Neato, I'm super excited for when they finish up. Just working on the virtue of patience for now though :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

neat lil vid

i should learn more about how that process works
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jay6889

awesome Vid.

Such a shame that i missed this GB. :( :(

Offline Artist

• A Fine Architect to be!

PMed you, still looking around if anyone's interested in selling their case as I missed this GB :( !!!

Offline mkarlsson

PMed you, still looking around if anyone's interested in selling their case as I missed this GB :( !!!

PMed you back

Offline autobot

Thanks for the update! It's kind of a trade off, whereas a busy shop can be an indicator of high quality, but the downside is slow turnaround.

Any updates from the alternative shop? If yes, will they be able to match the colors you specified in the beginning of the group buy? I'm guessing it's a matter of them ordering the same powder for application.

Personally, so long as I get my two cases (Astrophysical & Venice) before Laaaaaazer arrives, I'll just patiently wait.  :thumb:

Offline norbauer

Thanks for the update! It's kind of a trade off, whereas a busy shop can be an indicator of high quality, but the downside is slow turnaround.

Any updates from the alternative shop? If yes, will they be able to match the colors you specified in the beginning of the group buy? I'm guessing it's a matter of them ordering the same powder for application.

Personally, so long as I get my two cases (Astrophysical & Venice) before Laaaaaazer arrives, I'll just patiently wait.  :thumb:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the alternative shop said they'd have the sample cases done and call me last Monday, which is now a week ago as of today and I haven't heard from them yet. So that doesn't bode well. I could call them to check in about it, but I've kind of intentionally been waiting for them to call me just to see how long it takes.

In good news, I now have all the Galaxy Console cases back, along with a few final Monte Carlo red, Enigma Gray, and Royal Wrinkle from the trusty-but-slow shop. I plan to ship those today or tomorrow, and that should close out those those colors. Next up should be the remaining Retro Refrig. and White, and then Purple.

Offline funkybeat7

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the alternative shop said they'd have the sample cases done and call me last Monday, which is now a week ago as of today and I haven't heard from them yet. So that doesn't bode well. I could call them to check in about it, but I've kind of intentionally been waiting for them to call me just to see how long it takes.

In good news, I now have all the Galaxy Console cases back, along with a few final Monte Carlo red, Enigma Gray, and Royal Wrinkle from the trusty-but-slow shop. I plan to ship those today or tomorrow, and that should close out those those colors. Next up should be the remaining Retro Refrig. and White, and then Purple.

WOOOO I am excited for my Retro Refrigerator case!

Offline macclack

• Macclack

Hi, thanks for the update. I didn't see anything about the Venice Beach cases. Are those being produced at the alternative shop?

Offline norbauer

Hi, thanks for the update. I didn't see anything about the Venice Beach cases. Are those being produced at the alternative shop?

The numbers on Venice Beach quite small, but it's definitely among the remaining ones too, to be done around the same time as the Astrophysical Purple ones. Their general strategy has been to focus on the larger batches first and then work their way down to the smaller number colors.

Offline millifoo

In good news, I now have all the Galaxy Console cases back

OMG.... it's xmas all over again! I can't wait!

Offline norbauer

I did finally hear back from the second powder shop, and the results they delivered back were perfect, even if a week or two behind when they said. I've got them running the remaining Space Station cases from r2.5 for me this week, and we'll see how those turn out. (Smooth finishes are always more sensitive than textured ones.) If that goes well also, I'll give them the remaining Retros and Venice Beach while the first shop finishes up the Astrophysicals—and, with any luck we might have these last straggler cases banged out pretty fast.

Offline HighNoon

I did finally hear back from the second powder shop, and the results they delivered back were perfect, even if a week or two behind when they said. I've got them running the remaining Space Station cases from r2.5 for me this week, and we'll see how those turn out. (Smooth finishes are always more sensitive than textured ones.) If that goes well also, I'll give them the remaining Retros and Venice Beach while the first shop finishes up the Astrophysicals—and, with any luck we might have these last straggler cases banged out pretty fast.

Great news, thanks for the update! Maybe you should open your own powder shop and actually get **** done on schedule ;)

Offline norbauer

Great news, thanks for the update! Maybe you should open your own powder shop and actually get **** done on schedule ;)

It had become sufficiently frustrating keeping after these guys that that the thought had actually occurred to me. :rolleyes:

Offline autobot

Nice! So what keycap sets are people looking to match with their Venice Beach cases?

Might just pair mine with Sky Dolch/Magenta mods while I wait for Laser.  :)

Offline ihalatch

Got my case this week. Ryan, you are a wizard extraordinaire. This elegant, clean symmetry,  the powder coating ... everything is just exceptional! I'm speechless. I wish all my black keyboards were Norbauer enigmatic - the texture is amazing. Can't wait to get the Norbaforce. Hope the tactical black, hard anodization is as attractive as this one. Sorry for the iPhone pics. ****, I can't stop looking at the keyboard. There must be something very wrong with me :) I'm still waiting for a Glorious PC Gaming Race Wooden Wrist Rest. Any suggestions for a good tall wrist rest for the Norbaforce? They are quite tall I guess?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Nice! So what keycap sets are people looking to match with their Venice Beach cases?

Might just pair mine with Sky Dolch/Magenta mods while I wait for Laser.  :)

Mine's going to sit and wait patiently for Laser.

Offline tanvir175

This case won't work with a Realforce 87U, will it? I just bought a Norbatouch thinking it was a Norbaforce lol. Stupid mistake since those are still in manufacturing phase.