Author Topic: [GB]Octopad+ 8-key Macropad w/ 2 Encoders (Production Phase - Extras Available)  (Read 3231 times)

Offline anonymous

Kit Details:

Materials: Anodized Aluminum Case, 1.6mm FR4 Plate, Metal Knobs
Case Color Options: Black, E-White (comes with black infilled logo)
Plate Color Options: Black, White
Knob Color Options: Black, Black Nickel, Chrome, Gold
More

Case Angle:
Mounting Method: Top Mounted PCB (PCB is screwed to the case)
PCB Details: Solder, No RGB Underglow, Compatible with VIA/QMK. Easily change keymapping (including the encoders) using VIA
Rotary Encoder Details: Genuine ALPS encoder with push button, No Detents, D-Shaft
Knob Specifications: 18mm Height, 15.2mm Diameter, outer surface is knurled

Kit Inclusions:

- 1 Top and Bottom Aluminum Case
 - 1 FR4 Plate
 - 1 Solder PCB
 - 2 Metal Knobs and 2 ALPS Encoders
 - Rubber Feet and Screws

Price:

120$ (not inclusive of paypal fees and shipping fee)

Groupbuy Info:

The GB will be open for one month (August 16, 2021 - Sept. 16, 2021)
Limited. Soft cap at 100 units
You can purchase directly on our website: https://deskdaily.store/products/Groupbuy-Octopad-p377017480
Lead time: 4-6 months after end of GB

Notes:

- The shipping fee for this item is not yet included in the cost and will be invoiced separately once the boards are ready to ship. Courier will be Fedex or DHL (Current shipping estimates as of the moment via Fedex: US/EU - 50$, AU - 30$, Asia - 20$)

- Strictly no cancellations after the end of GB period

- By joining, you understand and accept the fact that there are possible delays that will impact the fulfillment date of this GB and that the color of the product samples shown on these photos might be different than the actual product due to differences in monitors, lighting of the photos and other factors

- Updates on this GB will be posted on our Discord (https://discord.gg/cgt2H6C), here in the Geekhack thread and via email
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 November 2021, 10:06:22 by anonymous »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Octopad+ - 8-key Macropad with 2 Rotary Encoders
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 11:07:21 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 11:43:41 »
Looks like a nice little pad, but definitely have to look at other options for shipping.  $50 to ship a macropad is a deal killer. 

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 09:56:25 »
Yeah man I like this thing quite a bit, but price plus shipping puts it at $170.00?

There is really no way around saying that's a lot of money for this.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 November 2021, 10:04:44 »
Some recent updates regarding this GB (These were posted on the Discord Channel)

11/01/2021 Update

- Production of Aluminum Top and Bottom cases is currently in-progress.
- Rotary encoders are already purchased and already in my possession.
- Knobs are ordered already and will be shipped to the case manufacturer. It will be shipped together with the cases.
- PCB prototype is here. Bulk order will be placed once I confirm that everything is working properly

11/20/2021 Update

- Production of the bottom cases are finished. Production of top cases is on-going.
- Prototype pcb is confirmed to be working. I will order the bulk pcbs in the following days

• Next updates will be posted here at the same time on the discord server (Invite Link: https://discord.gg/cgt2H6C)
  • Extras are available on the website: deskdaily.store
  • Regarding shipping, I know that it's not cheap but that's the usual rates here in the Philippines. I have a friend in the US who can help me in shipping US orders and that might lower the shipping fee for US orders but there I cannot assure that it will be super low.