Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 908947 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #950 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 13:07:05 »
Do not expect an apology or explanation from Jaxx. It was really risky of The Royal to admit that he failed and that The Ave would not be fulfilled.

Lmao when did he do that? He just keeps letting his site go down over and over with an order list that doesn't get fulfilled. If anything it's better to just **** right off if you have no intention of giving people the stuff they paid for rather than dragging your feet and reminding those who did trust you that this hobby is full of irresponsible runners. Or maybe start shopping the stuff. One of those would be ideal.

Offline ALOHAKB

• ALOHAKB
« Reply #951 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 20:35:02 »
It might need a wrist brace, a great keyboard

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #952 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 21:32:23 »

I think if you are going to spam to get your post count up, at least read the room in the threads you're in  :thumb:

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #953 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 16:31:56 »

I think if you are going to spam to get your post count up, at least read the room in the threads you're in  :thumb:

He might have a point, you might need a wrist brace when typing on imaginary keyboards.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #954 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 17:11:21 »

He might have a point, you might need a wrist brace when typing on imaginary keyboards.

Show Image

Yeah, but wouldn't an imaginary wrist brace go better with an imaginary board? :p

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #955 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 00:55:10 »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #956 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 07:49:35 »

I do wonder if Jaxx came up with any good ice cream flavor combos?????

Offline Abstand

« Reply #957 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 21:54:54 »
So, still no update eh? Crazy how a guy can use this forum (created and maintained purely for the love of keyboards) to steal tens of thousands of dollars from hundreds of people and get away with it with absolutely zero repercussions.

Jaxx, if you're still reading this thread, grab your nuts and be a man. Take responsibility for this.

Offline Stvnce

« Reply #958 on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 05:36:25 »
Can’t let this thread die, I want my Rukia or money back Jaxx.

Offline Skate

« Reply #959 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 12:18:28 »
I hate Rukia...

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #960 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 13:29:18 »
I hate scammers!

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #961 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 16:47:13 »
 :p :p :p who's still here listening in 2022?  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline kronograf

« Reply #962 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 19:56:50 »
Rukia last batch gang where my homies at
jane me | 910 me

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #963 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 20:29:36 »
Last batch gang biggest gang. In fact there's no other gang
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2022, 20:21:21 by finalarcadia »

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #964 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 22:23:32 »
Rukia last batch gang where my homies at

I haven't gotten my rukia yet so I'm still here...

Offline ALOHAKB

• ALOHAKB
« Reply #965 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 01:17:00 »
It took me a long time to learn this layout of the keyboard, but I couldn't do it, haha

Offline ILoveMinivans

« Reply #966 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 02:19:37 »
Jaxx last update said Rukia will be finished. I'm guessing before December.

Offline Full

« Reply #967 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 12:37:15 »
Doubtless, this will be misconstrued and meme'd to hell and back, but here goes:
Misconceptions:
1. I ran with everyone's money.
2. I used the money to buy a CNC.
3. ice cream machine

Realities:
1. The money you spent on Rukia ALL went towards making Rukia
    -Case manu in China plus extra for QC
    - PCB design paid to Gondo  **edit: Upas was kind enough to point me to Gondo, who already had an open source Alice style PCB in mind
    -knobs
    -encoders
    -packaging
    -shipping
    -taxes
    *The manu screwed up the first shipment after delaying for 3 months past when they estimated they could finish. The shipping and customs issues were the last straw.
    *I opted to get a lawyer involved = no further production or shipments from the Chinese manu
    *I started making the boards myself
2. NO money from Rukia was used for my other manufacturing business. It's actually the opposite. I got two business loans to set up being able to manufacture products out of UHMWPE.
    Money from that has been used to try to salvage this group buy and get Rukias made.
3. It's a kitchen appliance--same size as a toaster oven.

Things are stalled right now for several reasons, including-but-not-limited-to the following:
-2 separate CNC crashes
-shoulder injury
-working overtime on a contract job to fund continuing with Rukia

Being silent started as just a break from trying to be cordial to people calling me names several times a day and telling me to kill myself, but then my mother in law was hospitalized and became septic (we thought she was dying), so I was busying figuring out where we would live, then had to take care of her and our care home for the elderly, etc.
After, I didn't have any time to do anything but work, take care of both my kids, my mother in law, etc.
When I asked for advice from my lawyer and doctor, I was advised to stop all one to one and online communication, even with friends, and put out updates as things actually progress.

For anyone that has sent an encouraging message: thank you.
For anyone that has tried to stay hopeful for this group buy: thank you.
For anyone that could not wait: I'm sorry. Thank you for waiting as long as you did.

Rukia will be finished.
I don't have a reliable ETA as of now, but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know.

So, been a year almost Jaxx, still no update?  :-X
Hi!

Offline lucka33

« Reply #968 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 03:49:37 »
I don't have a reliable ETA as of now, but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know.

So one year after the last "update", there still no ETA. We should all got a refund at the current time. This joke cannot continue further.

Offline kronograf

« Reply #969 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 07:41:40 »
Rukia no batch gang where my homies at
jane me | 910 me

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #970 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 22:29:06 »
I just discovered this rollercoaster of a GB and just yikes

Offline rui

« Reply #971 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 22:52:07 »
Bumping cuz why not

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #972 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 05:15:03 »
Still waiting for my Rukia.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #973 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 06:16:35 »
Are most GBs a **** show or just the ones I have joined.

Offline GMK83

« Reply #974 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 06:49:08 »
Just heard from jaxx, he said the ice cream machine is amazing!

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #975 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 22:13:39 »
Over/Under on Jaxx logging into his geekhack account in 2022?

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
« Reply #976 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 00:04:05 »
Over/Under on Jaxx logging into his geekhack account in 2022?

didn't he just sign in lmfao nvm its been a year

jaxx come on bro we know you see this

make this right

Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Offline Troublemaker

« Reply #977 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 02:20:36 »
So is this a good reason to not join GBs and only opt for in-stock only?

Offline OBL17

« Reply #978 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 02:40:09 »

gbs are pretty safe. this is for sure a rare occurrence. i have joined many gbs (like 50) and this is the first one that i have had this happen. The keyboard community is overall a good one. jaxx is just a rare turn.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #979 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 05:14:11 »

Is it a good reason to completely avoid GBs? I don't think so.

Lots of great keyboards have and will be sold through group buys and I don't think you should avoid designs you love just because you can't immediately have it. I think you should look for GBs that are running with reputable vendors and/or designers who have fulfilled multiple projects successfully in the past. I don't think it's fair to judge the whole GB format based on this one GB that went wrong because of the runner's incompetence.

While an in-stock drop is obviously safer in that the seller already has the units made and (hopefully) quality controlled, GBs can't be avoided for bigger runner-fulfilled projects like this one. Getting the keyboards and all the necessary parts made is a huge investment that most hobbyist runners aren't able to fund upfront. This is why when you see an in-stock board with more than 10-30 units it's sold by a vendor most, if not all of the time.

Not to say that in-stock boards don't come with their own issues. Remember the F2?

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #980 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 08:21:21 »
By any chance, has anyone taken the Rukia plate file (if available) and revised the switch cutout fillets to be more like 0.5mm instead of 1.0mm (so that Gateron switches won't bind like they currently do in TGR Alice/clone plates)? 🙏🏿

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #981 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 09:30:38 »

Lots of great keyboards have and will be sold through group buys and I don't think you should avoid designs you love just because you can't immediately have it. I think you should look for GBs that are running with reputable vendors and/or designers who have fulfilled multiple projects successfully in the past. I don't think it's fair to judge the whole GB format based on this one GB that went wrong because of the runner's incompetence.

While an in-stock drop is obviously safer in that the seller already has the units made and (hopefully) quality controlled, GBs can't be avoided for bigger runner-fulfilled projects like this one. Getting the keyboards and all the necessary parts made is a huge investment that most hobbyist runners aren't able to fund upfront. This is why when you see an in-stock board with more than 10-30 units it's sold by a vendor most, if not all of the time.

Not to say that in-stock boards don't come with their own issues. Remember the F2?

Wasn't Jaxx a reputable designer who had already fulfilled a gb recently though? Iron 180 also comes to mind. Not saying you're wrong, but it's still a dice roll sometimes even with established sellers. I think best practice is to buy on a credit card for the buyer protection.

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #982 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 16:19:02 »
This is usually the best practice although I just use my credit card for non keyboard purchases >.> I was lucky with my bank for doing a chargeback when the rose cables fiasco happened since I used a debit card. But ymmv on that.

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
« Reply #983 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 17:44:57 »

Wasn't Jaxx a reputable designer who had already fulfilled a gb recently though? Iron 180 also comes to mind. Not saying you're wrong, but it's still a dice roll sometimes even with established sellers. I think best practice is to buy on a credit card for the buyer protection.

I don't remember anything happening to Iron 180, only thing I can think about is the WKL blockers but other than that the GB went smooth afaik
Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #984 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 10:50:41 »
When did we get ice cream?

Offline alspdx

« Reply #985 on: Thu, 22 September 2022, 00:37:02 »
When did we get ice cream?

At the fundraiser BBQ.

Offline 8bitderp

« Reply #986 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 00:31:04 »
still here.
Daffy Collector

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #987 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 18:44:48 »
Jaxx last update said Rukia will be finished. I'm guessing before December.
December 2022 lol jk

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #988 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 13:23:23 »
still here and still waiting

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #989 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 10:58:02 »
It's been a whole year since Jaxx last graced our eyes with his presence on this here website. I'm a big fan of recognizing milestones, I'm a big fan of doing some good in my community and I'm also a huge fan of ice cream like Jaxx.

291789-0

I made some stickers, if you want one, visit my post on my profile on reddit to see how to acquire one. To be clear, I'm getting $0.00 from this.

https://redd.it/xp68bw

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #990 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 12:04:23 »
It's been a whole year since Jaxx last graced our eyes with his presence on this here website. I'm a big fan of recognizing milestones, I'm a big fan of doing some good in my community and I'm also a huge fan of ice cream like Jaxx.

(Attachment Link)

I made some stickers, if you want one, visit my post on my profile on reddit to see how to acquire one. To be clear, I'm getting $0.00 from this.

https://redd.it/xp68bw

🤣

Offline kontradictions

« Reply #991 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 18:56:50 »
I think most people here are simply expressing their disappointment in how unabashedly uncommunicative jaxx is. Memes and toxicity should be ignored, but don't confuse that for legitimate concern and justifiable anger.

Agreed. People being upset is justified. But given the recent rise in toxicity from people in the hobby over litereally EVERYTHING happening in gbs rn, I can see how this thread can quickly devolve into genuine pure toxicity rather than the few trolls who want to hide behind alts. Kind of a moot point anyway (at least from my perspective) seeing as how the only one who can quell the masses at this point is Jaxx.

I generally agree that personal purchases shouldn't be confused for ignoring business needs but I can see where consumers come from in thinking that on one side of the coin he is saying "no more refunds," while simultaneously buying a brand new keyboard.

Wish everyone had the same mentality. Pointing at one purchase he made when he's been selling off a bunch of other things and claiming negligence is absurd. Updates aside, what he purchases has no relevance to the buy itself.

Sure wish Jaxx would communicate with his customers like he does with you.

Yeah me too...

I touched on reputation in a previous post. Prior to this debacle I would agree that his reputation would be considerably good and that you could trust that you'd get a keyboard in the end. Jaxx's inability to communicate when issues arise, when deadlines have passed, when again, customers, are led to believe that shipping would commence earlier this week but instead of sharing why, there's just deafening silence. Jaxx's reputation is not good right now.

Agreed. His rep is in the ****ter. Doesn't change the fact that he IS a good person. Then again, given how much **** I've gotten for just being a public figure in this buy, I don't really blame him for wanting to keep his head down...But that doesn't excuse the lack of updates or just general involvment in translating the status of the buy.

So, if you do not agree with people voicing concern and understandable (as you say) anger, how would you prefer it happen? Customers have been trying to get some kind of information out of this whole thing and while toxic behavior may have led to the lockdown of the ability to send messages in Discord, it doesn't prevent Jaxx from providing communication to his (you know it's coming) customers via that same means.

As stated before, here and in the server, I have no problem with people having discourse or expressing concerns or anger about the buy. But directing that sentiment specifically in regards to a single purchase is pedantic IMO. As mentioned before, understandable but a non-sequitur to the buy itself.

To think, all of this could be remedied (yes, even now) by a simple regular update interval.

I mean there was one but...yeah...

Lol.

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #992 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 23:05:33 »
Who knows, he could be waiting for the big 1k replies to make an update and then there will be icecream for everyone

Offline lovidore

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 03:37:46 »
I find it hilarious that Mech27 turned out better than this trainwreck.

Offline bansheetango

« Reply #994 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 05:12:45 »
Is it too late to join this fine group buy? I'd like two, please. :-\

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #995 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 06:42:24 »
Is it too late to join this fine group buy? I'd like two, please. :-\

Youre better off buying nfts instead of this since theyre both similar in the fact they dont exist /s (this is a joke, youre actually better off joining a different GB)

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #996 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 08:00:54 »
I find it hilarious that Mech27 turned out better than this trainwreck.

If that's the bar that Jaxx has to meet, then he's got 3 more years to catch up.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Ray Studio

• A personal studio of architecture, jewelry etc.
« Reply #997 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 05:30:22 »
Wow, 2022 is the ALICE year?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #998 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 15:51:38 »
Wow, 2022 is the ALICE year?

Do I tell him?
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Evasive

« Reply #999 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 16:19:09 »
Is this the biggest scam in keyboard history?