Author Topic: [GB] KBDFANS ODIN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD  (Read 5136 times)

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
[GB] KBDFANS ODIN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
« on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:16:44 »
KBDfans ODIN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD Kit
Group buy date: From Aug 15st to Sep 15th, 2021

ODIN Sound Test
Coming Soon

Introduction
Designed by KBDfans Wei, the inspiration of the design is from the Stora Hammars I image stone which considers being Odin's cult symbol.
    Speak of Odin, who associates with wisdom, healing, death, royalty, the gallows,  knowledge, war,
battle, victory, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet, and projects him as the husband of the goddess Frigg.
    From KBDfans's point of view, the Odin means everything we wanted in a set of a keyboard with 100% layout!.
    Are you getting sick of the tiny layouts? Let's meet the Odin!

The ODIN

Specification

Case: top aluminum bottom aluminum, default aluminum weight bar. (brass weight bar is an additional option)
                                                                                                Case color: Black, Grey, Blue, Burgundy red, E-white, Silver, Purple.
                                                                                                Wired version PCB: Solder version and hot-swap version;
                                                                                                                                 The solder version does not have the underground RGB light;
                                                                                                                                 The hot-swap version supports the per-key RGB.
                                                                                                Notes: Support VIA and VIAL, It is recommended to use VIA. VIAL's firmware is not official
                                                                                                Plate: Brass
                                                                                                Structure: gasket mount; 100% layout
                                                                                                USB-Port Protector: aluminum
                                                                                                Translucent badge: Acrylic sandblasting ( Brass badge is an additional option)
                                                                                                Foam: case foam and PCB foam (PORON material)
                                                                                                Typing angle: 7°
                                                                                                Weight: around 2kg (aluminum weight bar)
                                                                                                Designer: KBDfans Wei

Color Options

ADDONS

Colorways

Layout Options

INCLUDE
-Aluminum case x1
-Aluminum weight bar x1
-Aluminum USB port protector
-Acrylic sandblasting badge
-PCB x1
-Brass plate x1
-Case foam x1
-PCB foam x1
-KBDfans transparent screw-in stabilizers 104 kit x1(2U*7 6.25U*1, extra 7U wire* 1)
-Gaskets x1 set
-Screws x1 set
-Rubber feet x1 set
-Reminder: Brass weight bar and Brass badge are additional options

Keyboard Structure

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 06:20:27 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [GB] KBDFANS ODIN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 06:31:34 »
> Estimated ship date: will be announced after GB ends

:rolleyes:

Any *rough* estimate? One year? A few months? A few years?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 06:33:24 by pr0ximity »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 07:29:49 »

Yeah this bums me out. The keyboard looks pretty good and KBDFans has a good history, but give me your money and I will tell you later when I will send you the stuff I paid for does send chills down my spine
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 08:41:24 »
I’m in on their topre hipro set that said the same thing. Ordered in April. Haven’t received a date yet.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 11:47:14 »

Yeah this bums me out. The keyboard looks pretty good and KBDFans has a good history, but give me your money and I will tell you later when I will send you the stuff I paid for does send chills down my spine

Meh, I'd rather not have a date instead of some made up fairy tale date that a vendor has zero intentions of hitting anyways.

Dates in the MK scene are just a meme at this point. I can't think of a single thing in the last 2 years that has actually delivered in the ETA given by a vendor.

On top of that, I'm sure the ETA will change drastically depending on them selling 50 units compared to 1000 units.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 August 2021, 11:49:42 by clik_clak »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 12:08:21 »
Meh, I'd rather not have a date instead of some made up fairy tale date that a vendor has zero intentions of hitting anyways.

Dates in the MK scene are just a meme at this point. I can't think of a single thing in the last 2 years that has actually delivered in the ETA given by a vendor.

On top of that, I'm sure the ETA will change drastically depending on them selling 50 units compared to 1000 units.

I don’t think an order of magnitude expected wait time is too much to ask — are we on the order of months or years.

I’m not their target audience, but KBDFans is big enough where I would expect at least some attempt at predictability.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 14:34:20 »
My experience with kbdfans GBs has been pretty good. Joined the D45 gb in March and it was delivered in early July. Was the same with the Epoch board, was about a 4 months wait period. There was no info from kbdfans in the interim about progress or delivery date - just shipping notification when it was ready to ship - which am fine with when it comes to a known retailer like kbdfans as I've been shopping from them since they first came on scene. GBs from forum posters I would be much more leery about.